or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here! - Page 7

post #109 of 683

well if it's not about golf than here are my 3 lovely kids. 

post #110 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvk77 View Post
 

well if it's not about golf than here are my 3 lovely kids. 

 

I should say...  Somethings are much more important than golf....

post #111 of 683

Nice family you have there @tomvk77.

post #112 of 683

Thnx. Start teaching my oldest. He has some great feel for the ball its amazing.

For now he thinks he's the next Arjen Robben ( dutch football player )

post #113 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleEagle View Post

There is a recall with an issue involving the Throttle Body...Ask you dealer about that and have them check the alternator while in the shop....
You can get it started and disconnect the battery.  If alternator is good, it should still run.  If bad, it will die....My wife has a 2011 Ford Escape XLT and I had to change the battery 2 months ago.  Was 1800 miles out of warranty.   
I ended up trading the Escape in for a 2014 Mazda CX-9. We needed a bigger car, anyway.
post #114 of 683
All tuned up and ready for tomorrow.
post #115 of 683

Sweet kit @CarlSpackler .

post #116 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

Sweet kit @CarlSpackler
 .
Thanks! Hope to have some video up tomorrow after tonight's gig.
post #117 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post

All tuned up and ready for tomorrow.

 

I'm gonna show this to my wife the next time she whines about me swinging a golf club in the house!   :-D

post #118 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

I'm gonna show this to my wife the next time she whines about me swinging a golf club in the house!   a3_biggrin.gif
Yes. At least you don't have 2 expensive hobbies. Well, at least I make some money back on that one. Only 100 more gigs to break even. a2_wink.gif

At least my club travel bag has an alternate use.

post #119 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post

Yes. At least you don't have 2 expensive hobbies.

If only that we're true. I also flyfish. Golf is CHEAP by comparison. a5_crying.gif
post #120 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

If only that we're true. I also flyfish. Golf is CHEAP by comparison. a5_crying.gif
How do you get the flies to go for the hook? I shudder to think of what you use for bait. Eww...
post #121 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

How do you get the flies to go for the hook? I shudder to think of what you use for bait. Eww...

Catching them isn't the problem, but they're a real bitch to clean!
post #122 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

How do you get the flies to go for the hook? I shudder to think of what you use for bait. Eww...
I know. =]
post #123 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post


Yes. At least you don't have 2 expensive hobbies. Well, at least I make some money back on that one. Only 100 more gigs to break even. a2_wink.gif

At least my club travel bag has an alternate use.

I hear you!  I have got 4 acoustic, two electric guitars, one lap steel, one acoustic steel guitar and a ukulele.  The acoustic steel is actually my very first guitar that was unplayable, so I converted it to a steel.

post #124 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post
 

I hear you!  I have got 4 acoustic, two electric guitars, one lap steel, one acoustic steel guitar and a ukulele.  The acoustic steel is actually my very first guitar that was unplayable, so I converted it to a steel.


That's a lot of strings! You in a group? I just got done unloading my SUV from last night's gig. I need a roadie! Any volunteers? @saevel25? @Jeremie Boop?
@mcanadiens? Anyone?!!!

post #125 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post
 

I hear you!  I have got 4 acoustic, two electric guitars, one lap steel, one acoustic steel guitar and a ukulele.  The acoustic steel is actually my very first guitar that was unplayable, so I converted it to a steel.

One Epiphone Les Paul Standard hot rodded with Dimarzio Super II's (a la Jerry Garcia).

 

One Vintage Ibanez Road Star in Polar White hot rodded with hand wound Texas single coils that I got from Boutique Luthier.

 

One Washburn acoustic with enough Mother of Pearl and Abalone inlay to make Liberace blush.

 

Two "everyday" Yamaha acoustics.

 

Two cardboard boxes overflowing with stomp boxes and gizmos.

 

One Fender Deluxe Hot Rod all F.A.T. tube amplifier.

post #126 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

One Epiphone Les Paul Standard hot rodded with Dimarzio Super II's (a la Jerry Garcia).

One Vintage Ibanez Road Star in Polar White hot rodded with hand wound Texas single coils that I got from Boutique Luthier.

One Washburn acoustic with enough Mother of Pearl and Abalone inlay to make Liberace blush.

Two "everyday" Yamaha acoustics.

Two cardboard boxes overflowing with stomp boxes and gizmos.

One Fender Deluxe Hot Rod all F.A.T. tube amplifier.

Very nice! I have been really wanting to get a Nashville tele, but I just can't justify it since I don't play much anymore.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!