or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here! - Page 11

post #181 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

First off, you definitely have to shut off the main.  Then you will need to drain as much water from the system as possible.  Open up any fixtures on lower floor levels??
The below pic is of a CPVC fixture shut off.  In the picture you posted, it appears there is enough pipe extending through the wall to cut it off close to the existing valve, and glue the new one on.






Use a good quality primer and glue, and wait the appropriate amount of time before you turn the water back on.  Make sure you have the shut off valve in the off position when you turn the main back on.  Also, make sure there is no water dripping out of the pipe when you glue the new one on (this is fairly critical to a proper solvent joint).


When you are at the hardware store, get one of these (see below pic) as well.  It will make your job much easier.




Here is a pic of the two parts together.  The new toilet flex supply has rubber washers in it, so a simple adjustable wrench works.





Or you could try simply tightening the nut (closest to the wall) to the valve body.  I can't guarantee nothing bad will happen if you try this one though.  

Thank you sir! I am not sure I will take it on this time or not, but I really appreciate the advice.
post #182 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Also, saw my "pet" snake again yesterday.  This is only the third time since we've moved in that I've seen him, but I saw him slither into his hole right on our rear slope.  I like him, he eats rats. :)


He's a red coachwhip (that's not actually him, thats a stock photo, but he looks exactly like that) and he's maybe, 5-6 feet long. :)

I'm about 95% sure I would have shit my pants if I saw that.
post #183 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 
 

Thank you sir! I am not sure I will take it on this time or not, but I really appreciate the advice.

 

No problem.  

 

It is probably easier than installing a new toilet, but I can understand not wanting to do it.

post #184 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

No problem.  

It is probably easier than installing a new toilet, but I can understand not wanting to do it.

Really appreciate it. I tried PVC sink fitting one time and made a mess out of it. a3_biggrin.gif
post #185 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

No problem.  

It is probably easier than installing a new toilet, but I can understand not wanting to do it.

Really appreciate it. I tried PVC sink fitting one time and made a mess out of it. a3_biggrin.gif

 

I suppose I don't plan on trying any body-work on my family rig anytime soon..:-P

post #186 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

I suppose I don't plan on trying any body-work on my family rig anytime soon..b2_tongue.gif

Haha, yeah, takes a lot of practice to make it look like the accident never happened.
post #187 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


I'm about 95% sure I would have shit my pants if I saw that.

LOL.  The first time I saw him, I was a little bit startled.  However, he was far enough away that I didn't freak out or anything and was able to get a good enough look, and using the (amazing) internet, figure out what he was.  I think I started by just googling "native socal snakes" or something to that effect.  Also, thanks to the kids school, that has animals come and visit the kids a couple of times a month, we have grown a bit fond of lots of different critters.  These are from a birthday party last weekend:

There is also a pic of me, my wife, and daughter being "hugged" by a big yellow (Burmese I think) python, but its not on my phone, otherwise I'd be sharing that one too. :)

post #188 of 482
Thread Starter 

@mvmac is no longer your friend Barney!

 

"Hello. My name is Mike McLoughlin. You freaked the shit out of me by posting pictures of snakes. Prepare to shank."

post #189 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

@mvmac is no longer your friend Barney!

 

"Hello. My name is Mike McLoughlin. You freaked the shit out of me by posting pictures of snakes. Prepare to shank."

STOP. SAYING. THAT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #190 of 482

Yeah...  I am not about snakes myself. 

post #191 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

@mvmac is no longer your friend Barney!

 

"Hello. My name is Mike McLoughlin. You freaked the shit out of me by posting pictures of snakes. Prepare to shank."

Oh man! You are in for a treat @Golfingdad!

post #192 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

Yeah...  I am not about snakes myself. 
But you're a plumber! b2_tongue.gif
post #193 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I'm about 95% sure I would have shit my pants if I saw that.
Ditto! Hate those slithering bastards!
post #194 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post

But you're a plumber! b2_tongue.gif

Lol, well played.

Here is an Eastern Hog Nosed snake we saw at my parent's lake house. Plays dead if you get to close. It will even vomit in the attempt to fake its own death. b1_ohmy.gifd5_yucky.gif
post #195 of 482

Had an ex coworker leave a real long nasty whining message on my voicemail today. 

 

Apparently he is upset that I am kicking his ass up and down the street.

 

It feels so good to be missed.

post #196 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

LOL.  The first time I saw him, I was a little bit startled.  However, he was far enough away that I didn't freak out or anything and was able to get a good enough look, and using the (amazing) internet, figure out what he was.  I think I started by just googling "native socal snakes" or something to that effect.  Also, thanks to the kids school, that has animals come and visit the kids a couple of times a month, we have grown a bit fond of lots of different critters.  These are from a birthday party last weekend:

There is also a pic of me, my wife, and daughter being "hugged" by a big yellow (Burmese I think) python, but its not on my phone, otherwise I'd be sharing that one too. :)

I would take my present back and run FAR away from that kid's birthday party. a3_biggrin.gif
post #197 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I would take my present back and run FAR away from that kid's birthday party. a3_biggrin.gif
Wuss.
post #198 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

Yeah...  I am not about snakes myself. 
But you're a plumber! b2_tongue.gif

Yeah, those kind are even worse...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!