or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here! - Page 20

post #343 of 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I can screencap it later, but I use the characters from the 8-bit episode of the TV show Community as my various hard drives. Some guys on Reddit were making an unofficial version of the video game one particular season 3 episode is about, and I got then to send me jpegs of their character models. So I have Jeff as my main hard drive, Britta as my Windows partition, Troy as my second internal hard drive, etc.

I guess if you're not a fan of the show, none of that makes sense.

And old-ish screenshot that misses a few and was before I changed the labels to simply the character names:


post #344 of 575
Lol...I like the Ken Jeong one...
post #345 of 575
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

And old-ish screenshot that misses a few and was before I changed the labels to simply the character names:

 

Yeah, no kidding! Ya gotta change the names!

 

I typically change the sharing name and the main HD name to be the same. Though, my desktop isn't quite like that.

 

post #346 of 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

Lol...I like the Ken Jeong one...

I tried to keep the labeling kinda-sorta related to the characters. Jeff is the main character, so he's the boot drive. Britta is the Windows of people, so she's the Bootcamp partition. The Abed drive has a bunch of DVD rips of TV shows (including Community, so it's meta!). The Dean likes to pop in and out, so he's my flash drive.

Chang (the Ken Jeong one) is the HDD that came with my computer that I swapped out later for an SSD. I've got it hooked up via a USB adapter, but I haven't really figured out what to do with it. The show hasn't really figured out what to do with Jeong's character, hence... you get the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Yeah, no kidding! Ya gotta change the names!

I did a while ago, I just don't have enough USB plugs to hook 'em all up and take another screenshot.
post #347 of 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I tried to keep the labeling kinda-sorta related to the characters. Jeff is the main character, so he's the boot drive. Britta is the Windows of people, so she's the Bootcamp partition. The Abed drive has a bunch of DVD rips of TV shows (including Community, so it's meta!). The Dean likes to pop in and out, so he's my flash drive.

Chang (the Ken Jeong one) is the HDD that came with my computer that I swapped out later for an SSD. I've got it hooked up via a USB adapter, but I haven't really figured out what to do with it. The show hasn't really figured out what to do with Jeong's character, hence... you get the point.
I did a while ago, I just don't have enough USB plugs to hook 'em all up and take another screenshot.
You put wayyyyyyyyy too much thought into this. It is fantastic and I love it lol. a3_biggrin.gif
post #348 of 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusanothajoe View Post

I was in the union for 20 years, have been in management for 6 years. Unions are an excuse for an average of 50% of the work force to be slackers.
Union members have a gang mentality, I know because I was in it for so long....

http://bostonherald.com/inside_track/the_inside_track/2014/08/top_chef_finds_local_flavor_bitter

http://deadline.com/2014/08/padma-lakshmi-boston-teamsters-attack-top-chef-820137/

Top Chef's Padma Lakshmi was harassed pretty badly from these stories. Reminded me of this thread.
Quote:
Angry that the show had not signed a Teamsters contract and that the production hired local PA’s to drive cast and crew vehicles, the dozen or so picketers from Boston’s Teamsters Local 25 kept at it for hours, raining down racist, sexist and homophobic threats and slurs as staffers came to and left the set that summer day. Jenn Levy, Bravo’s SVP Production, wasn’t spared. Arriving at the restaurant in her black SUV, she soon found herself running a gauntlet of vitriol. “She got of her car in front of the location and quickly ran through the picket line,” a source said. “They were yelling, ‘You bitch! You ****! We’re gonna get you!’ It went on like that all day.”

John King, Milton’s Deputy Police Chief, said the Teamsters were “threatening, heckling and harassing.” The first officer on the scene, he said, had to call for back-up after the Teamsters “gave the officer trouble.” Reading from the police report, he said the Teamsters were “hostile, swearing, and refusing to let people come in and out. Officers repeatedly tried to de-escalate the situation.” When more police arrived, the Teamsters went to the show’s hospitality tent and “harassed the crew there.” When the officers went there, King said, “A group of them slashed the tires on 14 different cars owned by the crew.”
post #349 of 575
High school football scrimmage. Getting our butts handed to us. Gonna be a long year. ::groan::
post #350 of 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post

High school football scrimmage. Getting our butts handed to us. Gonna be a long year. ::groan::
Do you coach? The team at my school last year went 0-10 /Rimshot
post #351 of 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

Do you coach? The team at my school last year went 0-10 /Rimshot
No. Here to support my daughter who is a trainer.
post #352 of 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post

No. Here to support my daughter who is a trainer.
Cool cool. Good luck brotha.
post #353 of 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

Cool cool. Good luck brotha.

What we need is a coach. a2_wink.gif
post #354 of 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Got a new MacBook Pro (Retina). I'd originally thought I might name it "Iris," but the icon options for that word are pretty… lame.

 

So now I'm not sure what to name it. My desktop computer is named "Bunny" and the four hard drives are all famous rabbits (like Roger, Harvey, etc.). My previous MacBook Air is named "Brainy" and has a Brainy Smurf icon. It was my (not always enjoyed) nickname in school.

 

Any suggestions? Gotta have a good icon (a picture I can make into an icon is fine too).

You know, as an IT guy I use computer names that are logical and fit into the scheme of whatever environment the machine is in. The idea of using cute/fancy names for a computer so that I can have interesting icons associated with the computer name makes absolutely no sense to me..... 

post #355 of 575
Thread Starter 

Played soccer tonight. Other team only had five, so they were gassed and we won like 10 or 11 to 0. :P

 

Fired in a cool shot late in the game. Could have walked in but that would have been unfair, so I picked a corner and fired it into the nook of the iron from about 25 yards out.

 

Wegman's makes a mean buffalo chicken fingers sub…

post #356 of 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Played soccer tonight. Other team only had five, so they were gassed and we won like 10 or 11 to 0. :P

Fired in a cool shot late in the game. Could have walked in but that would have been unfair, so I picked a corner and fired it into the nook of the iron from about 25 yards out.

Wegman's makes a mean buffalo chicken fingers sub…
Are there any highlight videos of this? b2_tongue.gif
post #357 of 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Fired in a cool shot late in the game. Could have walked in but that would have been unfair, so I picked a corner and fired it into the nook of the iron from about 25 yards out.

Video, or it didn't happen :-P

post #358 of 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Wegman's makes a mean buffalo chicken fingers sub…

I find most of the prepared food at Wegman's overpriced and kinda mediocre, but I have some friends who swear by it.
post #359 of 575
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post
 

Video, or it didn't happen :-P

 

Watch SportsCenter later tonight. Should be in the top ten.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I find most of the prepared food at Wegman's overpriced and kinda mediocre, but I have some friends who swear by it.

 

I think it may be regional. Ours is pretty darn good. Even their rotisserie chickens are good (not that you can really mess those up).

post #360 of 575
Rolled my ankle mowing. ***** this hurts!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!