or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here! - Page 23

post #397 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

There are other websites?  :-\

Yeah, but no button to bring directly to the latest new posts on TST so I avoid those half ass sites... I mean, seriously, how hard would it be to have a button that takes me to the latest posts on here?

:-$

post #398 of 562

Might not be that hard, actually. I only use it for design, but it may be possible with Stylish or something similar. :dance:

post #399 of 562

Don't EVER buy into the Home Depot 24 month interest free scam. It's only deferred interest.

post #400 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post

Don't EVER buy into the Home Depot 24 month interest free scam. It's only deferred interest.

Isn't it only interest free if you pay within the 24 months? Otherwise it's like you mentioned they put it right back on top of the principle!
post #401 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post


Isn't it only interest free if you pay within the 24 months? Otherwise it's like you mentioned they put it right back on top of the principle!


That's what we thought, but they put the whole amount on if you don't pay the full amount in 12 months. Learn from the wisdom of my experience and extra $4477.31 that I now owe them.

post #402 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post

Isn't it only interest free if you pay within the 24 months? Otherwise it's like you mentioned they put it right back on top of the principle!
Yeah, my sister got dinged with that at a furniture store. After the two year period elapse she still owed $50 or something similar and they charged her 2 years interest on the full amount. #readthefineprint
post #403 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post


Yeah, my sister got dinged with that at a furniture store. After the two year period elapse she still owed $50 or something similar and they charged her 2 years interest on the full amount. #readthefineprint

 

Definitely. This was financed through Home Depot through the AC company who told us it was 24 months interest free. Should have been more vigilant. This sucks.

post #404 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post


That's what we thought, but they put the whole amount on if you don't pay the full amount in 12 months. Learn from the wisdom of my experience and extra $4477.31 that I now owe them.

How is that 24 month interest free then? Sounds like 12 month interest free..

I mean, it is kind of hard to interpret 24 month interest free with anything less!

Man that sucks about te extra 4k it isn't a small amount!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Yeah, my sister got dinged with that at a furniture store. After the two year period elapse she still owed $50 or something similar and they charged her 2 years interest on the full amount. #readthefineprint

Yup! I usually will ask questions until there is no doubt in regards to what I'm getting ... Especially since I know that most of these companies will say what ever they think people want to hear to get them to buy their stuff!
post #405 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post


How is that 24 month interest free then? Sounds like 12 month interest free..

I mean, it is kind of hard to interpret 24 month interest free with anything less!

Man that sucks about te extra 4k it isn't a small amount!

 

It's called "24 Month No Interest" which is true. I didn't have to pay it until now.

 

Must read fine print. Must read fine print. Must read fine print...

post #406 of 562
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post
 

It's called "24 Month No Interest" which is true. I didn't have to pay it until now.

 

Must read fine print. Must read fine print. Must read fine print...

 

It sounds like the lack of interest was… your lack of interest.

 

I agree that sucks.

 

My wife and I have done the "no-interest" thing several times now. For example, if we're getting a tax return, we'll do it… and then pay it off two months later. Or some stuff like that.

 

But we have always paid it off, in full, well before the free part expired.

 

If you still have your original paperwork, I'd look it up and talk with the original people who installed it and told you 24 months. Sounds like it was 12, not 24.

post #407 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

It sounds like the lack of interest was… your lack of interest.

 

I agree that sucks.

 

My wife and I have done the "no-interest" thing several times now. For example, if we're getting a tax return, we'll do it… and then pay it off two months later. Or some stuff like that.

 

But we have always paid it off, in full, well before the free part expired.

 

If you still have your original paperwork, I'd look it up and talk with the original people who installed it and told you 24 months. Sounds like it was 12, not 24.


Been through all that. We were stupid. I'm sucking it up and sharing my stupidity that others might learn from it. :8)

post #408 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post
 


Been through all that. We were stupid. I'm sucking it up and sharing my stupidity that others might learn from it. :8)

 

The only thing worse than having been taken advantage of, is knowing that you allowed it to happen and could have easily prevented it.

 

Been there, done that.  Only once though......you don't make that particular mistake again! 

post #409 of 562

Hornet update (I know everybody is waiting on the edge of their seats): ;-)

 

Got a bug zapper but was only killing a few every night. Tried spraying hornet killer from the truck window but wasn't having much luck with that because of the location and that they are much harder to kill.

 

Decided to run a plastic pipe up close to the crack and hook a vacuum cleaner to it.

 

 

Got hundreds of them in the vacuum today, vacuumed a little Seven Dust in on them and killed them. Here is the first dump.

Tomorrow I'll put some dust in the pipe and blow it in on top of the nest and what's left of them.

post #410 of 562
I just bought a $2,000 tv on my Best Buy card. Says 12 months no interest so thought as long as I pay it off in a year, I'm good. Gonna check the fine print on it now so thanks for the tip...
post #411 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post

Hornet update (I know everybody is waiting on the edge of their seats): a2_wink.gif

Got a bug zapper but was only killing a few every night. Tried spraying hornet killer from the truck window but wasn't having much luck with that because of the location and that they are much harder to kill.

Decided to run a plastic pipe up close to the crack and hook a vacuum cleaner to it.




Got hundreds of them in the vacuum today, vacuumed a little Seven Dust in on them and killed them. Here is the first dump.


Tomorrow I'll put some dust in the pipe and blow it in on top of the nest and what's left of them.
I hear that method works for getting bees too. a2_wink.gif
post #412 of 562

I coach HS football, and tomorrow is our scrimmage, which means next week is GAME WEEK!!!

 

p.s. Thank god two a days are over!

post #413 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellysell View Post

I coach HS football, and tomorrow is our scrimmage, which means next week is GAME WEEK!!!

p.s. Thank god two a days are over!
Good luck sir!. As a hoops player at my school, I'm more the "selling tickets in the booth" type of guy. LOL.
post #414 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellysell View Post
 

I coach HS football, and tomorrow is our scrimmage, which means next week is GAME WEEK!!!

 

p.s. Thank god two a days are over!


I bet you aren't nearly as happy about two a days being over as your players are. :-D

 

(Unless they are as crazy as I was and actually like the Hell of practice).

 

Good luck on your upcoming season. :beer:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!