or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here! - Page 25

post #433 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post


Yeah. It's been a pretty crappy year. Of course I've said that for the last few years now.
Sorry, that sucks. Didn't mean to seem insensitive.
post #434 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post


Sorry, that sucks. Didn't mean to seem insensitive.


No worries. I didn't take it as such. :beer:

post #435 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post


Yeah. It's been a pretty crappy year. Of course I've said that for the last few years now.

You need to be more positive about things. Such as that bar could be replaced with a coffee shop where you can also socialize.
post #436 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post


You need to be more positive about things. Such as that bar could be replaced with a coffee shop where you can also socialize.


Meh. I socialize enough already. That was our New Years Eve gig along with 4 others down the drain.

 

Edit: The positive would be that it frees up more time for golf this fall.

post #437 of 558
I'm probably late to the party, but what kind of music do you play? Anywhere we can listen?
post #438 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellysell View Post

I'm probably late to the party, but what kind of music do you play? Anywhere we can listen?


We play early classic rock and dance hits. There is a lot of Beatles, CCR, Stones, Elvis tunes, and then throw in some frat rock favorites like Shout, Wolly Bully, Wild Thing, and Mony Mony. We also have some newer ones like Adelle's Rolling in the deep. We have over 200 songs. Below are links to our MySpace (yes it still exists) page which is outdated, but does have a few recordings. This was long before I was the drummer.

 

https://myspace.com/thetermitesband/music/songs

post #439 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post
 


We play early classic rock and dance hits. There is a lot of Beatles, CCR, Stones, Elvis tunes, and then throw in some frat rock favorites like Shout, Wolly Bully, Wild Thing, and Mony Mony. We also have some newer ones like Adelle's Rolling in the deep. We have over 200 songs. Below are links to our MySpace (yes it still exists) page which is outdated, but does have a few recordings. This was long before I was the drummer.

 

https://myspace.com/thetermitesband/music/songs

 

 

What...? !!! No surf tunes..?  :-P

post #440 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

 

 

What...? !!! No surf tunes..?  :-P


Well yah brah! We usually lead off with Pipeline. Also do California Sun.

post #441 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post


Well yah brah! We usually lead off with Pipeline. Also do California Sun.
Which Elvis tunes, Suspicious Minds or Blue Christmas?
post #442 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post


Which Elvis tunes, Suspicious Minds or Blue Christmas?


We do Suspicious Minds, Burnin Love, and Little Sister. Last year, there was an Elvis impersonator in the audience, so we invited him onstage to sing. It was a blast!

post #443 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post
 


Well yah brah! We usually lead off with Pipeline. Also do California Sun.

 

Nice..:beer:

post #444 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post


We do Suspicious Minds, Burnin Love, and Little Sister. Last year, there was an Elvis impersonator in the audience, so we invited him onstage to sing. It was a blast!
Little Sister...underrated. Burnin Love...overrated. Love me some Elvis. I frickin tear up watching him in concert for Chrissakes. Glory, Glory gets me everytime.
post #445 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post


Little Sister...underrated. Burnin Love...overrated. Love me some Elvis. I frickin tear up watching him in concert for Chrissakes. Glory, Glory gets me everytime.


I'm just the drummer. I leave the song selection up to the singers and pickers and I just keep the groove groovin.

post #446 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post


I'm just the drummer. I leave the song selection up to the singers and pickers and I just keep the groove groovin.
Right on, my kid's a drummer too, was on the HS drumline, played quads. Took a break through college but he's in a new band now. Haven't heard them but I can guarantee they aren't throwing down any Elvis.
post #447 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post


Right on, my kid's a drummer too, was on the HS drumline, played quads. Took a break through college but he's in a new band now. Haven't heard them but I can guarantee they aren't throwing down any Elvis.


I wonder how Elvis would sound with an 'Indie" mix? Might not be too bad. "Blink 18Elvis"?

 

Enrique Inglasias might be able to pull of some Elvis songs with a slight Spanish twist to it?

post #448 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post


I wonder how Elvis would sound with an 'Indie" mix? Might not be too bad. "Blink 18Elvis"?

Enrique Inglasias might be able to pull of some Elvis songs with a slight Spanish twist to it?
No chance, failed every time it's been tried. No one holds a candle to the King. ;)
post #449 of 558

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther View Post


No chance, failed every time it's been tried. No one holds a candle to the King. ;)


I just watched "Glory Glory. . .", really touching. He was great!

post #450 of 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post


I just watched "Glory Glory. . .", really touching. He was great!

Haha, awesome! Thanks for posting
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!