or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Preferred Lies (@ Honda Classic and elsewhere)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Preferred Lies (@ Honda Classic and elsewhere)

post #1 of 85
Thread Starter 
Let's see
Honda classic minutes from me
Preferred lies
Just like almost any pro event or money game is played in SFL

So let the people calling me a cheater call all the pros at the honda cheaters

You LCP in SFL

That is the norm
post #2 of 85
Thread Starter 
Just like I said and how many called me a cheater

Lol

In SFL its the norm to lift clean and place

So all the purists called me a cheater

Yet the honda is preferred lies today

As is usual on SFL

For anyone that plays money games or is involved in pro events in SFL
post #3 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactswing View Post

Let's see
Honda classic minutes from me
Preferred lies
Just like almost any pro event or money game is played in SFL

So let the people calling me a cheater call all the pros at the honda cheaters

You LCP in SFL

That is the norm


Doing it if there is nothing on the ball is cheating since all your doing is improving the lie right?

post #4 of 85
Wtf why do you still come here??
post #5 of 85
Thread Starter 
Why not?

Some like to call people names like cheater

Now anyone can see

Pga tour pros hit SFL

Its LCP

Just like I said is the norm
post #6 of 85
Thread Starter 
It's not cheating, in SFL preferred lies are the norm.

Most of SFL was built on reclaimed swamp land

So pro events in SFL are usually LCP just lije honda was today

Most money games in SFL are LCP

So its the norm

Not cheating

Its y the pga is doing what I said is the norm in SFL
post #7 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopster View Post


Doing it if there is nothing on the ball is cheating since all your doing is improving the lie right?

Not at all. If LCP is specified, there is no requirement that there be anything at all on the ball in order to take advantage of it.

After all, who's to say there isn't mud on the bottom of the ball? a1_smile.gif


Having said that, @impactswing is absolutely wrong when he claims that most tournament golf, whether professional or amateur, in S FL is played thusly.
post #8 of 85
No it's not.

That course is notorious for its sloppy fairways and poor drainage. In fact, the fairways are being blown up and completely redone this year, following the tournament.
post #9 of 85
This sounds like the old farts at the public course by where my in-laws live who claim that the pros couldn't figure out their greens and that they are so soft they couldn't hack it on their "real course".

That real course being a slope 110 with 2 par 5s that are 3-wood, 7-iron and 2 par 4s that are drive able with irons. Somehow I don't think pros are quaking in their boots to score badly there.


I don't advocate LCP unless you are forced to play and the conditions make it obvious that there are questionable debates over plugging or playing as it lies. Otherwise. The ball should be played as hit.


No matter what you do, you still have to hit a good shot and you are playing the same course/rules.
post #10 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactswing View Post

Just like I said and how many called me a cheater

Lol

In SFL its the norm to lift clean and place

So all the purists called me a cheater

Yet the honda is preferred lies today

As is usual on SFL

For anyone that plays money games or is involved in pro events in SFL

 

 

1 example does not make a trend. 

post #11 of 85

However LCP is optional and if you do use it you are required to post those scores so even though @ImpactInstinx thinks it's perfectly normal and acceptable he is in fact padding whatever index he has for when he can't play those rules where the committee doesn't allow his LCP.

post #12 of 85
Thread Starter 
Most rounds if not all at honda n doral will b preferred lies

Thats normal in Sfl

Its a swamp
post #13 of 85
Thread Starter 
I play in usga events in Sfl
They normally are preferred lies
Its a swamp Sfl
post #14 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactswing View Post

Just like I said and how many called me a cheater

 

You are a cheater when you employ LCP all the time as you said you do. You said "knowledgeable" players almost always get free drops. You are wrong. This is not a matter of opinion, but fact.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactswing View Post

In SFL its the norm to lift clean and place

 

Also wrong. I've played there. I used to live there. I never once played LCP.

post #15 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactswing View Post

Most rounds if not all at honda n doral will b preferred lies

Thats normal in Sfl

Its a swamp

 

 

So you are basing your opinion on a single region of the country that has historically wet conditions for this time of year. It just happens this tournament is using LCP because of the abnormal winter conditions the south has had. So you are basing your opinions on an outlier. That holds no water. 

post #16 of 85
Thread Starter 
The average player plays on a course that would have huge areas marked GUR if any usga level event got played there

Im in Sfl
Lcp is the norm
I see lots of local pro events
Club events
Money games
Its almost all Lcp

Including usga Qs I play in
post #17 of 85
Why
Do you
Type
Like this?

It's annoying.
post #18 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

Why
Do you
Type
Like this?

It's annoying.
He's a troll ... You already answered the question. He does it BECAUSE it's annoying.

Either that, or he's the worlds worst wannabe poet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Preferred Lies (@ Honda Classic and elsewhere)