or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › 2014 NCAA Football
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 NCAA Football - Page 2

post #19 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post


I think Brett wanted to get out from under Alvarez's thumb at Wisconsin 
Maybe but he took a side step maybe even a step backwards. Barry is a big deal here but he's very supportive of the program. If Brett had any marbles he would have stayed. Its one of the best job in the Midwest.
post #20 of 266
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post


Maybe but he took a side step maybe even a step backwards. Barry is a big deal here but he's very supportive of the program. If Brett had any marbles he would have stayed. Its one of the best job in the Midwest.

 

 

Not sure why he left, maybe everyone hated him. Oh well, I don't miss him :-D

post #21 of 266

Brett self destructed here in Madison...  Brett showed up at fund raisers late and  drunk....Hit up co eds at local bar ...regular boorish behavior....maybe a wife and change of venue will change him

post #22 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post
 

Somebody serious about naming the stadium after Johnny Manziel.

 

Really? :doh::doh::doh::doh:

 

C'mon. Sure he was a good player. Even won a big game one time, but seriously...Not like he was a one man show either (note the NFL draft picks he had around him).

 

I can think of absolutely no circumstances where a player that had just left (and without even winning a conference championship I might add) would make anybody think about renaming "Byant Denny", "Jordan Hare" or any other stadium that I can think of.

 

SMH!!!!

Late to the party here, but some Aggies do get carried away. If Sumlin recruits a defense, they can be a top 4 team in the SEC...

post #23 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

Late to the party here, but some Aggies do get carried away. If Sumlin recruits a defense, they can be a top 4 team in the SEC...

 



Maybe even better than that? No good reason why not with a national prime recruiting base in their backyard.
post #24 of 266

SMH!!!

 

Some people just can't stay out of trouble.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/07/13/3198740/nick-marshalls-uncertain-status.html?sp=/99/682/

 

It would be a nightmare to coach some of these guys. The first thing you would read with your morning coffee would be the police report to see if your players made it through the night without getting in trouble.

post #25 of 266
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post
 

SMH!!!

 

Some people just can't stay out of trouble.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/07/13/3198740/nick-marshalls-uncertain-status.html?sp=/99/682/

 

It would be a nightmare to coach some of these guys. The first thing you would read with your morning coffee would be the police report to see if your players made it through the night without getting in trouble.

 

 

Yea, I don't blame coaches too much for what the players do. I know fans do, but these are 18-22 year old male college students. THEY ARE STUPID!!!

 

Knowing the SEC coach, they will have the players vote on the punishment, and nothing will be done. :whistle:

post #26 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post


Yea, I don't blame coaches too much for what the players do. I know fans do, but these are 18-22 year old male college students. THEY ARE STUPID!!!

Knowing the SEC coach, they will have the players vote on the punishment, and nothing will be done. e2_whistling.gif
No they will suspend him for a half against a div 2 team that they will kick the living **** out of.
post #27 of 266

Got to love Steve Spurrier. He is the grand master at delivering underhanded, backhanded swipes veiled as some sort of a compliment.

His best last year was when he said Alabama could beat NFL teams (and the crap that stirred up). :beer:

 

My favorite was a few years ago when he said "Anybody can win at Alabama. They've always won there at Alabama. If Nick wants to prove he's the best he's going to have to go somewhere else and prove it."

 

He makes me smile even though it's my team he's taking swipes at. :-D

post #28 of 266

Steve Spurrier has always come off as a major d-bag to me, but then again many college coaches do.

post #29 of 266

I hate to say this (because I really want to believe the hype), but I think Oklahoma is going to be overrated this year.  The schedule is not a killer, and they'll start with a higher ranking than they deserve just because they beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.  If they stay healthy they have a chance to be okay, but there is little depth, and a bunch of skill just graduated/left.

 

...I'll still be glued to every game though!

post #30 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
 

I hate to say this (because I really want to believe the hype), but I think Oklahoma is going to be overrated this year.  The schedule is not a killer, and they'll start with a higher ranking than they deserve just because they beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.  If they stay healthy they have a chance to be okay, but there is little depth, and a bunch of skill just graduated/left.

 

...I'll still be glued to every game though!


I'll be interested to see how they do also. Mostly want to see if the quarterback had a breakthrough against Alabama that will last beyond that game or, like Steven Garcia, just happened to have the game of his life that night.

 

Oklahoma always has the talent on any given day but seem to have lapses in motivation (as does Alabama).

 

I suppose it's hard to convince college kids not to believe the hype and that they are actually going to have to show up to play no matter what the press and all of their friends are saying.

 

I'm not expecting much from Alabama, given that they showed no inclination to change anything in Spring practice, so I might be playing more golf than usual during the football season this year.

 

(Of course fingers crossed that I'm wrong). :-D

post #31 of 266
My beloved Cal is just AWFUL. Very glad we don't have to play Ohio State. Would be a 58-12 drubbing a4_sad.gif@saevel25
post #32 of 266
Sounds like Notre Dame is having a few technical difficulties with players "cheating" (other people doing their homework for them).

Heck I thought that was standard procedure for all football players.

One year when my son was going to Alabama just before the bowl games he went down to Auburn to visit some friends. As they were watching TV they announced that one of Alabama's players would be ineligible for the bowl game for academic reasons.

One of his friends looked at him and said "You mean ya'll actually suspend players for that? Hell we wouldn't even have a team if we did that." a2_wink.gif
post #33 of 266
Thread Starter 
post #34 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2145346-braxton-miller-injury-updates-on-ohio-state-stars-shoulder-and-return

MOTHER F********* 


z1_censored.gif  z1_censored.gif  z1_censored.gif  z1_censored.gif  z1_censored.gif  z1_censored.gif  z1_censored.gif  z1_censored.gif  z1_censored.gif  
LOL. You'll always have "Not even the best team in Ohio bball" or "I ain't here to play school QB" a2_wink.gifc2_beer.gif
post #35 of 266

I wonder if UConn will win more than 3 games this season. They finished strong last year so who knows!

post #36 of 266
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post


LOL. You'll always have "Not even the best team in Ohio bball" or "I ain't here to play school QB" a2_wink.gifc2_beer.gif

 

 

Huh, that doesn't even make sense at all.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › 2014 NCAA Football