or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grips - Page 6

post #91 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRAboy View Post

Ok so I got my stuff. My pure pro went on great and I like it but my dtx almost blew up while putting but on and now it's wrecked happen to anyone else?

 

What pressure (PSI) did you use and how'd you put it on?

 

I'm leaning towards user error. But contact PURE and show them. They may just send a replacement.

post #92 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRAboy View Post

Ok so I got my stuff. My pure pro went on great and I like it but my dtx almost blew up while putting but on and now it's wrecked happen to anyone else?

It looks like you left the double-sided tape on the clubs from the previous grips?  I'm guessing (because mine did some similar things) that as you were installing it, because of the sticky tape, the air got sealed in for a sec and before you had a chance to withdraw, it exploded?  That almost happened to me as well, but I was quick to release the trigger and it turned out ok.

 

It's also probably going to do that when you try to take these off because of the sticky tape.  Just be aware and go slow.  Lots of short, quick bursts.

post #93 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

It looks like you left the double-sided tape on the clubs from the previous grips?

 

Oh yeah, I didn't notice that. You're right.

 

Part of what makes the PURE Grips awesome is that they don't need tape.

post #94 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

It looks like you left the double-sided tape on the clubs from the previous grips?  I'm guessing (because mine did some similar things) that as you were installing it, because of the sticky tape, the air got sealed in for a sec and before you had a chance to withdraw, it exploded?  That almost happened to me as well, but I was quick to release the trigger and it turned out ok.

 

It's also probably going to do that when you try to take these off because of the sticky tape.  Just be aware and go slow.  Lots of short, quick bursts.

Yeah, good tips from @Golfingdad here.  I almost did it once as well, but that was more because my air compressor has about double the PSI that you are supposed to use.  I have not blown one up yet but definitely get that tape off first.

post #95 of 109
Thread Starter 
There was no tape on the red one I was doing exactly what the videos said to do. But good news after putting it on and being very lose. After an hour or two it shrunk back down to size and is fine now!
post #96 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRAboy View Post

There was no tape on the red one I was doing exactly what the videos said to do. But good news after putting it on and being very lose. After an hour or two it shrunk back down to size and is fine now!

That is why it is always good to use quality rubber!

post #97 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRAboy View Post

There was no tape on the red one I was doing exactly what the videos said to do. But good news after putting it on and being very lose. After an hour or two it shrunk back down to size and is fine now!

OK, so it didn't actually tear ... that's good.

 

Like I said, mine did that too a couple of times when I was taking them off (to install the Niions for review) so before I put them back on I replaced the 3 wraps of double sided tape with one wrap of painters tape. :)

 

Hope you like the grips!

post #98 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRAboy View Post

Ok so I got my stuff. My pure pro went on great and I like it but my dtx almost blew up while putting but on and now it's wrecked happen to anyone else?

I just got my grips and gun and had a hard time getting the first one on but found if you start the grip and hold it close to the shaft and push as you let the air in it goes on pretty easily. 

post #99 of 109

This maybe a little late for a reply but I just came across this thread. I live in Southeast Georgia where the humidity in the spring and summer stays around 80-90% and my grips get pretty sweaty so I have used a simple solution to clean my grips for a few years now. I mix comet cleanser and water into a paste and then scrub the grips with a non-wire club brush. rinse them and tehm let them air dry. The grips are super tacky and clean as if they were brand new. No solvent or greasy feel. Just clean and tacky. Hope this helps.

post #100 of 109

Pure Grips are by far the best thing out there. They are the best looking, best performing, most durable, easiest to install, and best in bad weather. They are 100% rubber, made in America and guaranteed to last for at least one year. I have been using the P2 Wraps and just ordered a set of DTX grips because I'm liking the feel of then more than my wraps. Once you decide if the P2 Wraps, the Pro, or the DTX is the one for you, they will be the best grip you ever had.

post #101 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarCreekEd View Post

This maybe a little late for a reply but I just came across this thread. I live in Southeast Georgia where the humidity in the spring and summer stays around 80-90% and my grips get pretty sweaty so I have used a simple solution to clean my grips for a few years now. I mix comet cleanser and water into a paste and then scrub the grips with a non-wire club brush. rinse them and tehm let them air dry. The grips are super tacky and clean as if they were brand new. No solvent or greasy feel. Just clean and tacky. Hope this helps.

I live in central Florida (Tampa area) and we have a little humidity too. I clean my grips and grooves before every round with a little Dawn and water. 15 minutes tops.

Go Gators! a1_smile.gif
post #102 of 109
I tried to take my grips off with a compressor and blew that baby up. What PSI do you think I need to use to remove taped grips?
post #103 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangator View Post

I tried to take my grips off with a compressor and blew that baby up. What PSI do you think I need to use to remove taped grips?

 

You blew up the grip?  Surely not the air compressor?

post #104 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangator View Post

I tried to take my grips off with a compressor and blew that baby up. What PSI do you think I need to use to remove taped grips?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

You blew up the grip?  Surely not the air compressor?

I'm assuming he means the grip.  When I was taking mine off last time I had a couple of moments where I almost did that.  They recommend between 60 and 120 psi.  Pretty sure I just did mine at 90.  Just remember:  short bursts.  Especially when it starts to stick! :)

 

http://www.puregrips.com/blog/view/video_tutorial_on_pure_grips_tapeless_golf_grips_installation/

post #105 of 109

How is the Pure grip in the rain??  Currently use golf pride 2g and they are awful rain grips. 

post #106 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsage View Post
 

How is the Pure grip in the rain??  Currently use golf pride 2g and they are awful rain grips. 


I played the P2 wrap in a near pouring rain a couple of months ago, and they were fine. I didn't have a problem with them slipping. They felt like they were going to slip but did not. I was pleasantly surprised. Hope this helps

post #107 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsage View Post
 

How is the Pure grip in the rain??  Currently use golf pride 2g and they are awful rain grips.

I've never played in the rain, but I think that they can get pretty slcik when wet.  You have to either be very diligent in keeping them dry, or go the other route, say screw it, and get some tacky rain gloves.

 

EDIT:  Whoops, I'm talking about the Pros here, FYI.  Don't know anything about other styles.

post #108 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsage View Post
 

How is the Pure grip in the rain??  Currently use golf pride 2g and they are awful rain grips. 

 

I haven't played a lot of golf with them in the rain but from my experience they are ok, not the best but also not the worst. When I clean my grips I just use a wet towel and air dry them. Takes about a minute for them to dry so they don't stay "slick" for long.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting