or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Thread (Was Injury Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Thread (Was Injury Thread) - Page 11

post #181 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

I will say that Dufner dips politely. I have never seen him spit on the fairway or green, and I watched the entire PGA Championship last year. I think he spits between holes, or when he's sure that he is not on camera. He also doesn't swear. I agree on Keegan; I don't like him much either, but again, I don't think he swears. And Every's caddie is not a PGA tour player. I'm sure he got talked to about that incident though.

I would be EXTREMELY surprised if either of those were true.
post #182 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


I would be EXTREMELY surprised if either of those were true.

I've never heard them swear. I think Keegan is a pretty devoted Cristian. And Dufner rarely shows his frustration on the course.

post #183 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

I've never heard them swear. I think Keegan is a pretty devoted Cristian. And Dufner rarely shows his frustration on the course.
I just gave a couple of quick, off the top of my head examples of other guys who spit, and one recent one if a guy who swore repeatedly on camera. Are you saying that spitting is fine by itself as long as you don't swear, and swearing is cool if you only carry a bag ... But if you occasionally get caught spitting on camera or swearing on camera (all when you're only on camera slightly less than the Kardashians) then and only then is it bad?? Sounds a bit of a double standard to me.

People that do this give me the impression that they just flat out don't like tiger ... And here's a convenient (albeit quite faulty) excuse as to why.
post #184 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post
 

I will say that Dufner dips politely. I have never seen him spit on the fairway or green, and I watched the entire PGA Championship last year. I think he spits between holes, or when he's sure that he is not on camera. He also doesn't swear. I agree on Keegan; I don't like him much either, but again, I don't think he swears. And Every's caddie is not a PGA tour player. I'm sure he got talked to about that incident though.

 

They both swear… quite a bit. I've got some first-hand knowledge of that. It didn't offend me, and I couldn't care less, but they both spit and swear.

 

Believe me or don't - it doesn't matter much to me. But you seem to be looking at golfers (and other athletes) through tinted glasses. Athletes are not role models. My kid knows better than to do what a grown-up does.

post #185 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

They both swear… quite a bit. I've got some first-hand knowledge of that. It didn't offend me, and I couldn't care less, but they both spit and swear.

 

Believe me or don't - it doesn't matter much to me. But you seem to be looking at golfers (and other athletes) through tinted glasses. Athletes are not role models. My kid knows better than to do what a grown-up does.

Until I see some evidence on TV, I don't believe it. If you are right, then at least they swear "politely"; I have never heard either of them drop an F-bomb after hitting a lousy shot. 

 

Athletes are definitely role models, at least in children's eyes. Millions of kids idolize and try to mimic professional athletes. I used to idolize Steve Yzerman. I see many young players at my course dressed up in Tiger apparel and trying to act like him. 

post #186 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post
 

If you are right, then at least they swear "politely";

LOL ... OK now you're just making up the rules as you go along.

 

Even you have to realize how absurd that sounds??

post #187 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

LOL ... OK now you're just making up the rules as you go along.

 

Even you have to realize how absurd that sounds??

How is that absurd? They keep their swearing quiet. Nobody watching hears them. I have no problem with people swearing if nobody hears them. But if you go up to your ball and yell "FU@K" when it's obvious you're on live TV and there is a young kid standing next you, I have a problem with it.

 

Or something like this:

post #188 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post
 

How is that absurd? They keep their swearing quiet. Nobody watching hears them. I have no problem with people swearing if nobody hears them. But if you go up to your ball and yell "FU@K" when it's obvious you're on live TV and there is a young kid standing next you, I have a problem with it.

Nevermind the fact that he's on camera more often ... How often does Tiger even do that?  I can't say I remember the last time I've heard him say **ck on TV.

 

EDIT:  Sheesh ... how old is that clip??

post #189 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

Until I see some evidence on TV, I don't believe it. If you are right, then at least they swear "politely"; I have never heard either of them drop an F-bomb after hitting a lousy shot. 

Athletes are definitely role models, at least in children's eyes. Millions of kids idolize and try to mimic professional athletes. I used to idolize Steve Yzerman. I see many young players at my course dressed up in Tiger apparel and trying to act like him. 

There's the paradox. No one else is on TV nearly as much as Tiger.
post #190 of 653
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

They both swear… quite a bit. I've got some first-hand knowledge of that. It didn't offend me, and I couldn't care less, but they both spit and swear.

Believe me or don't - it doesn't matter much to me. But you seem to be looking at golfers (and other athletes) through tinted glasses. Athletes are not role models. My kid knows better than to do what a grown-up does.
Until I see some evidence on TV, I don't believe it. If you are right, then at least they swear "politely"; I have never heard either of them drop an F-bomb after hitting a lousy shot. 

Athletes are definitely role models, at least in children's eyes. Millions of kids idolize and try to mimic professional athletes. I used to idolize Steve Yzerman. I see many young players at my course dressed up in Tiger apparel and trying to act like him. 
How old were you when you said your first swear word? I remember mine and I didn't learn it from a professional athlete... Why do you think you are so Pious?
post #191 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post
 

I will say that Dufner dips politely. I have never seen him spit on the fairway or green, and I watched the entire PGA Championship last year. I think he spits between holes, or when he's sure that he is not on camera. He also doesn't swear. I agree on Keegan; I don't like him much either, but again, I don't think he swears. And Every's caddie is not a PGA tour player. I'm sure he got talked to about that incident though.

Dufner got reprimanded by the Tour for spitting on the course. And there is no way for him to know whether he's on camera or not. There are always cameras, but the feed might be or might not be on him. He can't know that. 

 

Plus, I mean, come on; he spits on the course? That seems like a singularly small potato to color the vision of someone. The cursing I'm not even going to bother defending because everyone in the universe curses on the golf course, and it's not like its a big deal anyways. 

post #192 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Nevermind the fact that he's on camera more often ... How often does Tiger even do that?  I can't say I remember the last time I've heard him say **ck on TV.

 

EDIT:  Sheesh ... how old is that clip??

These are from last year: 

 

 

And is being on TV more often excuse you from swearing like that? It shouldn't. 

 

@Valleygolfer I'm definitely not Pious... I'm an Atheist. But I still believe in morals. And I have no problem with people who are religious, unlike you I guess.

 

People, I am pointing out legitimate problems I have with Tiger Woods. You don't have to agree with it, but the evidence is all there.

post #193 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post
 

Until I see some evidence on TV, I don't believe it. If you are right, then at least they swear "politely"; I have never heard either of them drop an F-bomb after hitting a lousy shot.

 

Athletes are definitely role models, at least in children's eyes. Millions of kids idolize and try to mimic professional athletes. I used to idolize Steve Yzerman. I see many young players at my course dressed up in Tiger apparel and trying to act like him.

How does one swear politely?  I'd like to know how so next time I want to call someone a mother f'er I can tell them I did it politely.

 

Dufner, Bradley and others all swear, but they don't get the camera time that Tiger does so you don't see it.  Athletes aren't role models, if kids are looking up to them as such, their parents are doing them a disservice.

post #194 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

How does one swear politely?  I'd like to know how so next time I want to call someone a mother f'er I can tell them I did it politely.

 

Dufner, Bradley and others all swear, but they don't get the camera time that Tiger does so you don't see it.  Athletes aren't role models, if kids are looking up to them as such, their parents are doing them a disservice.

Easy. You say it so that they don't hear you, or say it in your head. And as I said before, camera time is not an excuse. Bradley and Dufner got plenty of camera time at the 2011 and 2013 PGA championship, but I didn't hear them swear once. 

post #195 of 653
Is tmac not allowed to have the opinion that he does not like Tiger swearing in front of kids and on live TV??
post #196 of 653

@14ledo81 thank you, finally someone backing me up. :beer:

 

@everyoneelse Maybe you should hear from Tom Watson.

 

post #197 of 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

Until I see some evidence on TV, I don't believe it. If you are right, then at least they swear "politely"; I have never heard either of them drop an F-bomb after hitting a lousy shot. 

 

Athletes are definitely role models, at least in children's eyes. Millions of kids idolize and try to mimic professional athletes. I used to idolize Steve Yzerman. I see many young players at my course dressed up in Tiger apparel and trying to act like him. 

 



I'm sort of on your side in that I do think they are role models whether they like it or not. Some accept that role and others don't. Some kids are around enough good role models to negate the negative influence of athletes and other celebrities and some are not.

If I could wave my magic wand and cut out their profanity (and other bad behavior) I would...But I can't.

I was talking to a guy a few years ago and out of the blue he said I was his hero when he was a kid.

My first two thoughts (after falling out of my chair) were:

(1) Why????? (Hell he grew up to be an All-America at Vandy and was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys).

(2) I hope he didn't see me do anything wrong.

(You never know).
post #198 of 653
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

 
Nevermind the fact that he's on camera more often ... How often does Tiger even do that?  I can't say I remember the last time I've heard him say **ck on TV.

EDIT:  Sheesh ... how old is that clip??
These are from last year: 






And is being on TV more often excuse you from swearing like that? It shouldn't. 

@Valleygolfer
 I'm definitely not Pious... I'm an Atheist. But I still believe in morals. And I have no problem with people who are religious, unlike you I guess.

People, I am pointing out legitimate problems I have with Tiger Woods. You don't have to agree with it, but the evidence is all there.
What makes your morals the right ones?

What if now that I know you are an atheist, I think that there is no way you can ever be a law abiding citizen or a good person?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Thread (Was Injury Thread)