or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Thread (Was Injury Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Thread (Was Injury Thread) - Page 32

post #559 of 632

I heard about it. They re-run Live From every 2 hours so I'll be tuning in the next broadcast to watch it. From what I'm reading from others, Nobilo over-reacted. Chamblee isn't afraid to be critical of Tiger, and some people can't stand that because they think Tiger is God and shouldn't be criticized.

post #560 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
 

I heard about it. They re-run Live From every 2 hours so I'll be tuning in the next broadcast to watch it. From what I'm reading from others, Chamblee was pretty spot on and Nobilo over-reacted. Chamblee isn't afraid to be critical of Tiger, and some people can't stand that because they think Tiger is God and shouldn't be criticized.

If you catch it can you post it here? 

post #561 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post

I heard about it. They re-run Live From every 2 hours so I'll be tuning in the next broadcast to watch it. From what I'm reading from others, Nobilo over-reacted. Chamblee isn't afraid to be critical of Tiger, and some people can't stand that because they think Tiger is God and shouldn't be criticized.
Yeah, well Chamblee's kind of a snobby dick.
post #562 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

If you catch it can you post it here? 

 

Yeah although I'm sure it'll be on youtube and other places soon.

post #563 of 632
post #564 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

But you might sometime try to believe something.  You have consistently refused to believe anything related to Tiger's health issues.  We get that you don't like him - that's obvious.  But to keep ranting about it ad nauseum is just boring.  You make yourself out as some sort of expert about back problems, and maybe you are more knowledgeable that the average guy, but that's mostly irrelevant.  Even the very best orthopedists can't intelligently diagnose or comment on a condition that they haven't had the opportunity to examine.  

I saw a man in extreme pain.  I understand his pain because I live with it too.  I don't even question that he was hurting badly.  I also don't question his desire to try and play in spite of it.  He may not be using good judgement, but I don't doubt the injury.  He is an extremely competitive individual, and he can see his career's primary goal of passing Jack's 18 majors slipping away, and that has to eat at him every waking moment.  I've gone out and played in tournaments without nearly that much incentive when I couldn't bend over to get the ball out of the hole, and I'm not 1/4 as competitive as Tiger is.  I can have a flare up, and one day on muscle relaxers and I'm back to 100% (or as close to that as I ever get).  

I don't really care if Tiger ever wins another major, or if he plays in the Ryder Cup, but I can't wish that sort of back pain on anybody.  Tiger is already richer than God, so I can't really feel sorry for him career wise, and he isn't the most personable player on Tour, but all of that is separate from health concerns.   

You really need to get off your soapbox and try not to let your negative personal bias flavor your statements when you don't really know any more about it that anyone else does..  
You could not be more off based here. I have been a Tiger fan forever however the facts are sketchy. Get over yourself and your pain. Everyone behaves differently and had you read the whole thread you would understand my statements.

How many times have you been in excruciating pain and it cleared up in three days Rick?

 

Last March.  And it was back pain, just as Tiger is going through.  Back went out a week before my wife and I were traveling back to the states for a visit, and I couldn't even drag a carry on through the airport.  I made an appointment with my US doctor before we left, saw him the morning after we got back, and 48 hours later I was playing golf.  Before I saw him and started on the muscle relaxers he prescribed, I couldn't have picked up a golf club, much less swung it.  You seem to be pretty hasty about diagnosing people you have never met and know nothing about.

post #565 of 632

Eh, wasn't as heated as I thought. I've seen much worse, although after you could see the smoke coming out of Nobilo's ears. It was a good debate, though. I thought Chamblee actually did a pretty good job throwing stats and facts out there and he got Nobilo with the Tiger quote saying he was "100%" last week.

post #566 of 632
Yeah I thought it was going to be worse.
post #567 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
 

Eh, wasn't as heated as I thought. I've seen much worse, although after you could see the smoke coming out of Nobilo's ears. It was a good debate, though. I thought Chamblee actually did a pretty good job throwing stats and facts out there and he got Nobilo with the Tiger quote saying he was "100%" last week.

Idk if I'd say he "got" Nobilo. Athletes lie about their condition all the time, Tiger especially, who is loathe to give out real updates on his injuries. It was kind of a 'duh' moment: of course Tiger would say that about his back. When it was really bad last fall, he said it was because he slept on a mattress wrong. 

 

Chamblee did a good job arguing, but I disagree with his numbers. 

post #568 of 632

I wonder if Brandel was reading this article before his debate.

post #569 of 632

Also not sure I want to trust Chamblee's grasp of Trackman numbers ... especially given his joyous disdain for them.

 

Regardless, for all of their arguing, they really didn't disagree on the important points.  They both said Tiger is obviously not healthy right now, but Chamblee just went further and claimed he knew why.

 

Who knows, maybe he's right.  Similar to when my baseball team sucks but they fire the manager and the reaction is one of excitement even though I know they stil have the same players ... I think I'd be excited if Tiger decided to go with a new coach.  Especially if he sucked up some pride and decided to go back to Butch Harmon. :)

post #570 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

I wonder if Brandel was reading this article before his debate.
Wow that is really close to exactly what he said
post #571 of 632

I watched it. Chamblee and Nobilo were arguing about what ails Tiger right now. Nobilo's position could be summed up as basically that Tiger is hurt, thus his scoring is poor. Brandle is adding in another element to the equation by saying that Tiger's swing is what is hurting him.

post #572 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post
 

I wonder if Brandel was reading this article before his debate.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbishop15 View Post

Wow that is really close to exactly what he said

Seriously.  Just read it and came to post the exact same thing.  There is no way he didn't read that before that piece aired!  (Unless the author wrote it after the piece aired and stole it from Chamblee ;))

post #573 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post
 

I wonder if Brandel was reading this article before his debate.

 

 

That is uncanny because the analysis of those pros is in that article is pretty much exactly what Chamblee said. No idea if Brandle plagerized them or not, but he made the same argument. I have no idea what Tiger's launch angle or club head speed is, but I can see that he is steep and has that forward shaft lean. You don't need trackman to actually see that.

 

BTW, common sense suggests Tiger didn't hurt himself by doing yard work, or powerlifting. It suggests he hurt himself by hitting a bazillion golf balls. So that lends itself to Chamblee's side of the debate. 

post #574 of 632

Neither scored a win there, but I'm giving the victory to Nobilo.

 

  • Tiger won five times last year with a very similar swing.
  • The camera angle was terrible on that wedge shot.
  • Nobilo is right about the launch angle versus handle forward thing. They're pretty closely linked.
post #575 of 632
Edit due to incorrect statement.
post #576 of 632

Yeah I tend to side more with Nobilo on this one. Even if Tiger is 100% healthy, it's still a mental hurdle to swing "normally" when you've dealt with a serious injury.

 

Good point as well about Graeme Delaet taking 10 months off.

 

I do agree with Brandel that the handle gets too deep on the downswing and an earlier point he made that Tiger needs to have a "more free" hip turn on the backswing. But I don't think these issues caused the back trouble.

 

Also for the guys that say Tiger should go back to Butch, I think they assume he would go back to his 2000 swing, that's not a possibility.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Thread (Was Injury Thread)