or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Patrick Reed - Is he arrogant?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Patrick Reed - Is he arrogant? - Page 13

Poll Results: Arrogant?

 
  • 53% (51)
    Yes
  • 46% (45)
    No
96 Total Votes  
post #217 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin View Post
 


I'm wondering why the PGA Champ shot an 80.

The Duff man struggled, no question about that.

post #218 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al B Tross View Post

I wouldn't mind seeing Reed get his a$$ handed to him a bit this week in the form of a humility lesson.

I don't think that would change anything.  It's not like he's a silver platter type of guy who "had it easy."  Take somebody like Tiger Woods or Jordan Spieth; they both went straight to the majors and didn't have to do the web.com thing, or play the q-school game, or anything like that.  So, say, for example, that Jordan Spieth had Reed's attitude, then I'd agree that, perhaps, a bad loss would be required to take him down a peg.

 

But Reed already went the "pay your dues" route, so he's had his ass handed to him for a few years now.  Had to work his way up the hard way and still has that confident/arrogant attitude.  I don't think playing poorly in his first major is really going to all-of-a-sudden make him humble.

 

Unless, for example, he's in position to win come Sunday and decides to pull a "Norman."  That might knock him off his pedestal a bit. :beer:

 

For the record, though, even though I concede he's probably a bit too arrogant (after skimming the article I posted), I'm still rooting for him to play well.

post #219 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

I don't think that would change anything.  It's not like he's a silver platter type of guy who "had it easy."  Take somebody like Tiger Woods or Jordan Spieth; they both went straight to the majors and didn't have to do the web.com thing, or play the q-school game, or anything like that.  So, say, for example, that Jordan Spieth had Reed's attitude, then I'd agree that, perhaps, a bad loss would be required to take him down a peg.

 

But Reed already went the "pay your dues" route, so he's had his ass handed to him for a few years now.  Had to work his way up the hard way and still has that confident/arrogant attitude.  I don't think playing poorly in his first major is really going to all-of-a-sudden make him humble.

 

Unless, for example, he's in position to win come Sunday and decides to pull a "Norman."  That might knock him off his pedestal a bit. :beer:

 

For the record, though, even though I concede he's probably a bit too arrogant (after skimming the article I posted), I'm still rooting for him to play well.

 

Although I have never seen anything remotely close to Patrick's behavior amongst all the high school players I know (a couple dozen, at least), I still respect someone who's worked his way from the bottom up.

post #220 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumaAttack View Post


If he is so good, as good as he claims he is, why didn't he do better?!?

If you are gonna run your mouth, you better be able to back it up.  He finished last in his threesome yesterday...

So by your logic/reasoning he was not only top five but also the number one player in the world when he won at WGC? Therefore he had every right to say so.

Sucks when your own logic disproves your own argument huh.
post #221 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp33 man View Post


So by your logic/reasoning he was not only top five but also the number one player in the world when he won at WGC? Therefore he had every right to say so.

Sucks when your own logic disproves your own argument huh.

 

Not really...

 

I never said anything about his performance at the WGC and he was talking about his game in general, not that one tournament.

post #222 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumaAttack View Post
 

 

Not really...

 

I never said anything about his performance at the WGC and he was talking about his game in general, not that one tournament.

Actually, no, @mp33 man makes a solid point.  You were clearly referring to yesterdays round, not talking "in general."  So, he's absolutely right.  If you're going to make that asinine argument, you also have to admit he was number 1 in the world a couple of weeks ago.

post #223 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumaAttack View Post

Not really...

I never said anything about his performance at the WGC and he was talking about his game in general, not that one tournament.

He first "claimed to be so good" at the WGC, he "didn't do better" yesterday at the masters therefore implying that since he is so good (conclusion drawn from him "doing better" at previous tournaments aka WGC) he should have done better... its really hard to explain your logic to you since I don't think you understand it yourself.
Secondly: he backed up his mouth before and after (he was first asked the question when the WGC was in progress and then again right after he had won).
post #224 of 378

looks like the forum's most hated golfer may not make it to Sat/Sunday at Augusta National.........

post #225 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiplusconker View Post
 

The poor guy finished bogey, bogey, bogey.

 

But he was good in college, so never mind.


Didn't Shaquille O'Neil say "I've won at every level except college and pro" (before he won anything in the NBA)?

 

I thought to myself, who didn't? :-D

post #226 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin View Post
 

looks like the forum's most hated golfer may not make it to Sat/Sunday at Augusta National.........

 

If you're going to talk yourself up the way he did, you better back it up or else be prepared to take some shots. Sadly, he's looking more and more like the American version of Ian Poulter.

post #227 of 378

Patrick Reed's going to get beaten by 2 amateurs, that must put them what...... top 4 in the world?

post #228 of 378
Patrick Reed: among the top 5 players to miss the cut at The Masters.
post #229 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Patrick Reed: among the top 5 players to miss the cut at The Masters.


if I recall, Lefty missed the cut in '97....or thereabout....and ended up winning a couple of times..hope the kid proves his naysayers wrong.

post #230 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin View Post
 


if I recall, Lefty missed the cut in '97....or thereabout....and ended up winning a couple of times..hope the kid proves his naysayers wrong.

You say that like people are being harsh on him.

 

You can tell by the way he's acted the past two days that he's abit of a see you en tee

post #231 of 378

Not sure how "No" is winning the polls. Top 5 in the world? He's high off his ass, though I give him credit for having enough spunk to say that.

post #232 of 378

Jim Nantz, "He is going to be a force out here in golf".....speaking about Patrick Reed

 

Hyperbole?

post #233 of 378

i love how Nick Faldo  coined it when Reed got to the 18th today.  Something about how Augusta will bring guys back down to earth.. lol

post #234 of 378

The guy's an *******. It's one thing for people to respect what he says. But it's another thing to act like a jerk, and the way he was dropping F-bombs out there and acting immature....I'm sorry....I would love to like the guy, but I think he's a total douche. He is the category of Rory Sabbatini and Colin Montgomerie to me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Patrick Reed - Is he arrogant?