or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Popular Golfers Who You Can't Stand
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Popular Golfers Who You Can't Stand - Page 5

post #73 of 84

I like Snedeker, like the way he hits the ball, like the way he gets on with it.

 

I dislike Poulter but essentially for the same reason that I dislike Westwood. Both of these guys are 'happy with their lot'. There's no will to work on their game, they've made their money and they like flaunting it. Here's an example: right now on Twitter, Poulter is tweeting pics of his family holiday from the Albany Estate in the Bahamas. He tweeted pics of his Ferrari at the airport, his NetJet flight, the dinner, the pool...and that's great. That winds up the haters. I just think...no drive. Masters is on in two weeks, you are pissing in the wind. Selling the IJP Golfwear / clown suits seem more important to him. Sure he's got a charity and he's raising money for that...but that's a tax write-off that he's encouraged to do by PWC.

 

I find that irritating. McIlroy is beginning to go down that route a bit, but the kid has so much natural talent, he can (at this point in time) get away with it.

 

Westwood just drives me insane. If they ever invented a drinking game whereby you had to skull one every time Westwood was putting for par in the last round of a major, you better have a good stomach pump ready if you had to destroy a brewski if he misses.

post #74 of 84

Here's Player talking about a variety of things...but at 3:29 min, he says Day is the current best player.

 

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/morning-drive-gary-player-adam-scotts-lead/

post #75 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

The TV producers have said that they show so much of Bradley's OCD and Na's yips because they are never sure when the guys are going to take a swing so they switch over too early and usually end up catching the whole routine.

 

 

Not sure if I buy that, because they could always broadcast those shots in delay.  They do it frequently anyway ("This just earlier" or "this just a moment ago," even though it's all "earlier/a moment ago" by the time it gets to our screens).  So why not just plan on doing it with the problem children?

 

Perhaps they're broadcasting this way intentionally, so we get to share in a little of the atmosphere of what's going on there?  (I.e., so we get to share in the frustration of watching them play.)

post #76 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Swede View Post
 

 

Not sure if I buy that, because they could always broadcast those shots in delay.  They do it frequently anyway ("This just earlier" or "this just a moment ago," even though it's all "earlier/a moment ago" by the time it gets to our screens).  So why not just plan on doing it with the problem children?

 

Perhaps they're broadcasting this way intentionally, so we get to share in a little of the atmosphere of what's going on there?  (I.e., so we get to share in the frustration of watching them play.)

Could be since the commentators never seem to miss a chance to make a comment about it.

post #77 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte the Bear View Post
 

I like Snedeker, like the way he hits the ball, like the way he gets on with it.

 

I dislike Poulter but essentially for the same reason that I dislike Westwood. Both of these guys are 'happy with their lot'. There's no will to work on their game, they've made their money and they like flaunting it. Here's an example: right now on Twitter, Poulter is tweeting pics of his family holiday from the Albany Estate in the Bahamas. He tweeted pics of his Ferrari at the airport, his NetJet flight, the dinner, the pool...and that's great. That winds up the haters. I just think...no drive. Masters is on in two weeks, you are pissing in the wind. Selling the IJP Golfwear / clown suits seem more important to him. Sure he's got a charity and he's raising money for that...but that's a tax write-off that he's encouraged to do by PWC.

 

I find that irritating. McIlroy is beginning to go down that route a bit, but the kid has so much natural talent, he can (at this point in time) get away with it.

 

Westwood just drives me insane. If they ever invented a drinking game whereby you had to skull one every time Westwood was putting for par in the last round of a major, you better have a good stomach pump ready if you had to destroy a brewski if he misses.

You just did!  :dance:

 

He is such a good player, but always seems to tighten up in the back nine of the last round of majors.

post #78 of 84

Shocked of how few mentions were made of the 'man in Red'.  However, I'll add in one more for Bubba with Keegan trying to chase him down the backstretch.

post #79 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElWagonne View Post
 

Shocked of how few mentions were made of the 'man in Red'.  However, I'll add in one more for Bubba with Keegan trying to chase him down the backstretch.

Hard to pick him when he said yesterday that he's still unsure if he'll even play.  I can't imagine him winning at the Masters if he doesn't even know if he'll be well enough to play a couple weeks before the event.  

post #80 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
 

Hard to pick him when he said yesterday that he's still unsure if he'll even play.  I can't imagine him winning at the Masters if he doesn't even know if he'll be well enough to play a couple weeks before the event.  

 

You seem to have confused what thread you were in… :D

post #81 of 84
None really. There are some things about certain golfers I don't like. Furyk backing off on putts and Bradley going through his rocking motion when standing behind his golf ball. But both seem like good guys so I like them fine other than their quirkey traits.
post #82 of 84

i tend to dislike the fat players.  carl petterson, tim herron, de jonge, stadler...etc.  yes, i am that shallow.

post #83 of 84

Never really saw Pat Perez on TV before, but his recent run of good form has been more than enough to convince me that he's a ****ing schmuck. 

post #84 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
 

Never really saw Pat Perez on TV before, but his recent run of good form has been more than enough to convince me that he's a ****ing schmuck.

He was more likeable when his game wasn't as good.  He's been working with a new coach that uses a lot of Trakman data and it appears he's gotten much more serious about his game.  His brother Mike was a contestant on Big Break and Pat was a guest during that season.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Popular Golfers Who You Can't Stand