or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 & '15 Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 & '15 Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill Discussion Thread - Page 19

post #325 of 336

I guess I don't know the rules that well I thought part of the reason smart phones were not legal for gps was they provided a compass app.  So he had a compass and a calculator, interesting.  Thanks for the info Rick

post #326 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin View Post
 

In 2004, the year Scott won THE PLAYERS Championship (with a short putter), he ranked No. 1 on TOUR in strokes gained-putting.

 

With the broomstick he was Adam Scott's strokes-gained putting ranking the last 6 years: T102 148 143 186 180 178.......not sure why he went to the broomstick.

 

http://www.pgatour.com/monday-backspin/2014/03/24/monday-finish-matt-every-wins.html

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriHacker View Post
 

Who's a gambling man here? I'm taking all bets regarding how well Scott does his first year without a broomstick :banana:

You are willing to bet he will do worse than those rankings for the last 6 years in @Rick Martin's comment with "a broomstick"? :-O You might lose that bet even if he putts like crap.


I'm willing to take my chances.
Using a legal putter AND playing on Sunday? I feel my chances are outstanding!
post #327 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

I guess I don't know the rules that well I thought part of the reason smart phones were not legal for gps was they provided a compass app.  So he had a compass and a calculator, interesting.  Thanks for the info Rick


Don't quote me on this, but they're usually not illegal unless they ONLY look at yardages. But most apps have Club selecting tools and other illegal tools. Tournaments reserve the right to ban whatever they want, and the PGA bans rangefinders. That's why you only see the yardage books, and other analog devices like compasses.
post #328 of 336

Had a chance to meet Arnie this weekend. Great time in Orlando. (I'm not in the picture)

 

post #329 of 336

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bugout:

post #330 of 336

There wasn't anything on here at the time (at least I didn't see it) but I'm curious if any of you who watched on Saturday can explain to me what the heck Ernie Els did on, I believe it was the 6th hole, and how that wasn't a violation.

 

I only turned it on in the middle of his debacle, but in the couple of minutes I watched I saw him take several practice swings in the hazard, and it looked like he was definitely grounding the club.  What happened, there?

post #331 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

There wasn't anything on here at the time (at least I didn't see it) but I'm curious if any of you who watched on Saturday can explain to me what the heck Ernie Els did on, I believe it was the 6th hole, and how that wasn't a violation.

 

I only turned it on in the middle of his debacle, but in the couple of minutes I watched I saw him take several practice swings in the hazard, and it looked like he was definitely grounding the club.  What happened, there?

I started a poll.

 

 Poll: Did Ernie Els ground his club in a hazard? 

post #332 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post
 

I started a poll.

 

 Poll: Did Ernie Els ground his club in a hazard? 

And I voted. :-P

 

Its unanimous right now!!!

post #333 of 336

Just a note:  This thread is for last year's tournament.

post #334 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah Ben-Hur View Post

Just a note:  This thread is for last year's tournament.
Lol!!! What a dunce! 😜
post #335 of 336

I fixed the thread title just for you Drew!

post #336 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post
 

I fixed the thread title just for you Drew!

Ha!  Not as much of a dunce anymore!!!!:-P

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 & '15 Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill Discussion Thread