or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › breaking the low flight hook off the tee
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

breaking the low flight hook off the tee

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Recently, I have started to hit a low hook off the tee. I cant see to break through it after much practice. Even when straightened out it appears as if the ball is having difficulty maintaining height. Looking for some feedback. thanks.

post #2 of 12
Are you aiming to the right with the ball back in your stance?
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 

I am trying to aim to the  center of the fairway, but I may be leaking more towards the right because of the fear of going left. Been playing ball off my left toes with driver.

post #4 of 12

If you film your swing, it may be easier to see what the issue is.  For me, the low hook with driver indicates I am coming over the top.  I go back to basics and work on making sure my swing path is not out to in at impact.

post #5 of 12

I have a similar problem, but for me, it's because I tend to shut the club face throughout the swing. There are several factors that contribute to that so if you can, post up a swing and it can be better diagnosed. 

post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairway20 View Post
 

I am trying to aim to the  center of the fairway, but I may be leaking more towards the right because of the fear of going left. Been playing ball off my left toes with driver.

 

 

Place alignment sticks or two clubs down and form a T. Now line up and make sure were you are lining up is what you are describing here. I've had times were I thought my ball was off the inside of my right foot, but it was at least 2-3 inches closer to the center of my stance. Laying down a few reference points never help. 

 

Other than that, create your own, "My Swing (Fairway20)" thread in the My Swing section, and post a video. All we can do is give you is a guess as to what is happening. 

post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairway20 View Post
 

I am trying to aim to the  center of the fairway, but I may be leaking more towards the right because of the fear of going left. Been playing ball off my left toes with driver.

yes exactly what I happen to me . I find that I also been closing my stance as well as ball off the toe gives me a wicked hook. 

What i have done is tee the ball higher and try to play of the left heel  as I usually do for the control hook.
 

Otherwise if I feel my rhythm is not  allowing me to play my usual control hook. I will continue play the ball off the left toe and cut drive the ball and expect to have the ball fade, and just play that ball position for the rest of the day.

post #8 of 12

Also, make sure you aren't sliding forward during your swing.

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

Also, make sure you aren't sliding forward during your swing.

 

you mean his upper torso/head, right?  yeah, thats a tough move to overcome without compensations elsewhere in the swing.

post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairway20 View Post
 

Recently, I have started to hit a low hook off the tee. I cant see to break through it after much practice. Even when straightened out it appears as if the ball is having difficulty maintaining height. Looking for some feedback. thanks.

 

Like others have said, post a swing up HERE

 

Without seeing the swing I'd recommend checking out this video

 

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post
 

 

you mean his upper torso/head, right?  yeah, thats a tough move to overcome without compensations elsewhere in the swing.

 

Yes..

post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 

I posted the swing this morning. Sorry, I was unable to hit a ball, so this is the best I can do for now in PA. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › breaking the low flight hook off the tee