or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Confessions of a pull hooker
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Confessions of a pull hooker - Page 3

post #37 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Holy flashback Batman! I remember the videos and screen captures of that pansy ass, swipey flip Patricia57 had going on.

 

Doesn't this post belong in the "Liar, Liar" thread?

post #38 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
 

Doesn't this post belong in the "Liar, Liar" thread?

 

Nah.

 

Better to keep it here so that anyone who stumbles onto this thread can start to get the whole story on you, a guy who has been banned, what, 30 times now with 30 different identities, including posing as women and children in order to try to participate with people who clearly wish to have nothing to do with you.

 

You'll be banned later today, but it's somewhat cathartic for some to have the chance to poke at you a little bit.

post #39 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

BTW Patrick, these are indeed pull-draws:

 

 

Did you get rid of that horrible flip you had going on, yet?

 

And seriously, why do you keep coming back?

This leads me to believe that at least some of the stuff "The Wolf" was saying was true!!  If the line of distance markers is the target line, he is about 20* degrees right of that, and then his ball starts a little left of that line and curves left ... hence, pull draw.

 

What are the chances he was actually trying to learn before he allowed his stubbornness and silly attitude to get in the way?

post #40 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

What are the chances he was actually trying to learn before he allowed his stubbornness and silly attitude to get in the way?

 

Does it matter? He's had 30 chances. We can all believe in second, third, and fourth chances, but by the time you're well into double digits, it's about time that stops.

post #41 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Does it matter? He's had 30 chances. We can all believe in second, third, and fourth chances, but by the time you're well into double digits, it's about time that stops.

Absolutely not!   He's a clown.

 

I just find it amusing that behind all of his childishness, there almost appears to be a tiny, insecure, part of him that knows that he can get good information here and maybe that's what brings him back.

 

Then he remembers that he's a jerk and goes and blows it.

post #42 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Absolutely not!   He's a clown.

 

I just find it amusing that behind all of his childishness, there almost appears to be a tiny, insecure, part of him that knows that he can get good information here and maybe that's what brings him back.

 

Then he remembers that he's a jerk and goes and blows it.

 

I don't blow it Grandad, Erik has access to my IP address which identifies me.

post #43 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
 

 

I don't blow it Grandad, Erik has access to my IP address which identifies me.

Yes, but in a situation like this, where you had a day or two here undetected, you had the opportunity to contribute and discuss like a normal human.  It's only AFTER you start displaying Patrick-like tendencies that he looks that stuff up for confirmation.

 

I'd be willing to bet that if you're questions were sincere, and you absorbed and appreciated the answers you were given, and made a non-prideful effort to discuss and learn golf with the rest of us, then you'd still be just "The Wolf" right now, and possibly for quite awhile - basically as long as you chose to be.

 

If any part of you actually loves golf and wants to learn (and actually realizes that people here can help you), then remember that next time.

 

Because, lets face it, we all know there will be a next time.  Don't we? :beer:

 

Take care, and don't fret because ...

 

post #44 of 60
Thread Starter 

I feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

 

Because, lets face it, we all know there will be a next time.  Don't we? :beer:

 

 

Probably, but the time between is getting too hard to bear. I used to fill it in quizzing Manzella on his hair brain stuff but he actually got on the phone to me and said he was going to send his Sicilian cousins to Austria to sort me out. Scary!   :scared:

post #45 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

BTW Patrick, these are indeed pull-draws:

 

 

 

Arguable. The clubhead is approaching the ball from an inside path.

 

BTW did you notice my unusual reverse overlap grip in that image.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas View Post


Did you get rid of that horrible flip you had going on, yet?

 

 

Still working on it. My divots are getting a little deeper and occur after impact. Good signs!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas View Post


And seriously, why do you keep coming back?

 

To add a little spice to this site. Some of the stuff is a little predictable and I really do like to simplify some of the more complicated stuff.

post #46 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post

Arguable. The clubhead is approaching the ball from an inside path.

Or coming from the outside and in the process of delivering a toe hit narrowly avoiding missing the ball all together.
post #47 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post


Or coming from the outside and in the process of delivering a toe hit narrowly avoiding missing the ball all together.

 

 

Surely not, with my right forearm and shoulder in those positions. BTW the ball flight also helps the argument.

post #48 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

BTW Patrick, these are indeed pull-draws:

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
 

 

Arguable. The clubhead is approaching the ball from an inside path.

Not really.  Clubhead approaching from the inside of the ball does not provide any argument against the fact that they are pull-draws.  The ball flight tells us only two things:  That the clubace is pointed left of where you're aligned, and that the path is right of that.  In the picture, the ball starts left of where you're aligned and curves left of that ... hence, pull-draw.

 

It seems you're doing the same thing here as so many chronic slicers;  The ball is ending up too far left, what is my solution?  Aha ... just line up further right!

 

Why not open the clubface and square up the feet and see what happens.  If you are truly coming from the inside like you say, then you might find good results.

post #49 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

 

 

Not really.  Clubhead approaching from the inside of the ball does not provide any argument against the fact that they are pull-draws.  The ball flight tells us only two things:  That the clubace is pointed left of where you're aligned, and that the path is right of that.  In the picture, the ball starts left of where you're aligned and curves left of that ... hence, pull-draw.

 

It seems you're doing the same thing here as so many chronic slicers;  The ball is ending up too far left, what is my solution?  Aha ... just line up further right!

 

Why not open the clubface and square up the feet and see what happens.  If you are truly coming from the inside like you say, then you might find good results.

 

Yep pretty much. When you aim 30-40 degrees to the right, it might look like its coming from the inside, when relative to his body it is an over the top move. Believe me as someone who has played that way before, what you think is happening is usually wrong. 

 

I will say this thought, one hell of a view to be hitting golf ball towards every day :-D

post #50 of 60
Thread Starter 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

 

 

Not really.  Clubhead approaching from the inside of the ball does not provide any argument against the fact that they are pull-draws.  The ball flight tells us only two things:  That the clubace is pointed left of where you're aligned, and that the path is right of that.  In the picture, the ball starts left of where you're aligned and curves left of that ... hence, pull-draw.

 

It seems you're doing the same thing here as so many chronic slicers;  The ball is ending up too far left, what is my solution?  Aha ... just line up further right!

 

Why not open the clubface and square up the feet and see what happens.  If you are truly coming from the inside like you say, then you might find good results.

 

The ball flight can't really be determined by this picture, it doesn't seem to be slicing . The face angle is also unclear. I am aligning right of my target but not substantially. This ball probably ended roughly where I wanted it, I mostly aim between the two huts you see in the distance.

 

You may be confusing this image with the shot I was describing at the beginning of the thread. Don't forget Erik dug out this image. I would suggest this was a draw.

post #51 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

 

I will say this thought, one hell of a view to be hitting golf ball towards every day :-D

 

At this time of year I'm skiing up there and the golf course is used for Nordic Skiing.  ;-)

post #52 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
 

I don't blow it Grandad, Erik has access to my IP address which identifies me.

 

You know, if there's one thing I despise more than anything in this world, it's liars.

 

Patrick, you are the King of the Liars. You fake your IP address. Hell, you faked your ****ing gender.

 

I utterly despise liars, and you are the worst of them this site has ever seen.

 

I've been criticized for NOT banning people who are clearly trolls more readily. You, I'll ban every time because you've LIED. Trolling is one thing. We have a really high tolerance for it.

 

Lying is another thing entirely. You're a liar. In the game of golf, there's almost nothing worse.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
 

Arguable. The clubhead is approaching the ball from an inside path.

 

Not necessarily. If your feet are aimed 20° right of target, you could be swinging 15° right of the target and the path would be out-to-in relative to your feet.

 
Matt said it here too:
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

Yep pretty much. When you aim 30-40 degrees to the right, it might look like its coming from the inside, when relative to his body it is an over the top move. Believe me as someone who has played that way before, what you think is happening is usually wrong.

 
Moving on…
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
 

You may be confusing this image with the shot I was describing at the beginning of the thread. Don't forget Erik dug out this image. I would suggest this was a draw.

 

A pull-draw.

 

Your time here under this username, Patrick, is capped at about an hour or so.

 

Make the most of it.

post #53 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

You know, if there's one thing I despise more than anything in this world, it's liars.

 

Patrick, you are the King of the Liars. You fake your IP address. Hell, you faked your ****ing gender.

 

I utterly despise liars, and you are the worst of them this site has ever seen.

 

I've been criticized for NOT banning people who are clearly trolls more readily. You, I'll ban every time because you've LIED. Trolling is one thing. We have a really high tolerance for it.

 

Lying is another thing entirely. You're a liar. In the game of golf, there's almost nothing worse.

 

 

It good to let off a little steam now and again. There's a liar and there's an imaginative person. I consider myself the latter. What can I do if you decide in your big brother tactics to ban me. OK I was using aliases but is that really lying. Shoot me!

post #54 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
 

 

It good to let off a little steam now and again. There's a liar and there's an imaginative person. I consider myself the latter. What can I do if you decide in your big brother tactics to ban me. OK I was using aliases but is that really lying. Shoot me!

 

So says the con-artist, but that still doesn't make him more than a liar. In your case, I would say delusional because you suck at it. 

 

What can you do, How about not being a troll. How about actually being an intellectual willing to learn and contribute positive ideas instead of acting like a douche bag. 

 

Sure it is lying. If I go into a bank to set up a bank account and tell them my name is John Smith, but its not, is that not lying? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Confessions of a pull hooker