or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Tipping the Beer Cart girl
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tipping the Beer Cart girl - Page 13

post #217 of 378

I don't give the cart girl a tip, I give her the whole thing!  Ba-da-bomp.

 

Of course you tip the cart girl, and tip her well. This thread is sillyd2_doh.gif

post #218 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsidious View Post

 

Not a fan of fake people. So I don't really try to encourage it. c5_banana.gif Plus I think cart girls are a joke, for the most part. Depending on how they carry themselves and act. 

 

I don't need that sort of interaction.

Willing to bet the feeling is mutual. c5_banana.gif

post #219 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak4n6 View Post

I don't give the cart girl a tip, I give her the whole thing!  Ba-da-bomp.

 

Of course you tip the cart girl, and tip her well. This thread is sillyd2_doh.gif

 

Obviously not for a few cheapskates. 

post #220 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Willing to bet the feeling is mutual. c5_banana.gif

Because I don't buy a drink from them? Not sure I understand the attempted jab.

post #221 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsidious View Post

Because I don't buy a drink from them? Not sure I understand the attempted jab.

 

No, because you're smug and self-righteous about it, and seem to think a young girl working in a service job is beneath you.

post #222 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

 

No, because you're smug and self-righteous about it, and seem to think a young girl working in a service job is beneath you.

Think you're reaching for that one. Never once said anything close to that.

post #223 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsidious View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

 

No, because you're smug and self-righteous about it, and seem to think a young girl working in a service job is beneath you.

Think you're reaching for that one. Never once said anything close to that.

 

We can read between the lines.  Your supercilious attitude just shouts it out. 

post #224 of 378

Do you also think I laugh and am smug with waiters and waitresses? 

 

I don't mind them being cart girls, or cart girls being an actual position. Just think the fake personality and sometimes revealing clothes to try and influence myself or others is ridiculous. 

 

But all of you can enjoy!

post #225 of 378

I suppose it depends on the person. Personally I haven't encountered any under-dressed cart girls a-la Hooters. Nor have I had any be overtly flirtatious. In almost every instance I am old enough to be their father. The exchange is purely offering something on the cart and nothing more where I play.

post #226 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut View Post

Beer cart girls depend on the drunks for tips........

 

 

We've all seen this group:

That group that buys 8 beers at a time and need her to return every third hole for more....................

 

 

My regular group is not one of those.........LOL

e2_whistling.gifc2_beer.gif

post #227 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsidious View Post

Do you also think I laugh and am smug with waiters and waitresses? 

 

I don't mind them being cart girls, or cart girls being an actual position. Just think the fake personality and sometimes revealing clothes to try and influence myself or others is ridiculous. 

 

But all of you can enjoy!

 

.Really?  The ones I'm familiar with are often high school or college girls (Hell, I've even seen cart guys) just trying to make a little money during the summer.  I've even known at least one cart attendant who was nearly 70 years old.  I don't recall just what she usually wore, but I know that it wasn't short shorts and a halter.  

 

The fact that they are maybe wearing a t-shirt and shorts just might be due to the fact that the job usually comes with warm summer weather.  And having a good personality is also part of being successful in the service industry.  I won't deny that having a nice personality is more likely to earn a tip than being grumpy and surly, but I also can't understand how you would see that as an undesirable attribute for a person in that position.  

post #228 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2512 View Post

I think it's a job and probably a tough job at that. Not because you need a Ph.D to sling beer and soda but because it doesn't pay much and I doubt many people do it for the fun of it. It's likely a second job for most. We had an off season school teacher this summer. She was out there because she needed some extra $$ over the summer and couldn't commit to something requiring more hours. With tips she made a decent go of it. I know because we became friendly. I treat them the way I do any service worker as long as they provide acceptable service , with respect.

 

Really?  The beer cart girl where I played last weekend was about 30 and was the only post-college age beer cart girl I've seen in at least a dozen years.  In the distant past, I've worked as a server at a restaurant and that actually was pretty physically difficult work - I had more back aches as a waiter than I did in other summer jobs working construction lifting 5-10x as heavy of weights.  But driving a beer cart?  No way that's tough.  I've often thought that if I was a cute college girl who liked golf, being a beer cart girl would be the ultimate summer job.  You get to drive carts around all day and even though it's routine, a golf cart is still pretty fun.  You get to work on a killer tan while getting paid for it, and if you have a pleasant personality, I imagine that tips are pretty decent, probably $10-$20/hr.  Plus I imagine that, like most golf course employees, they get to play for free.  Sure you'd have to deal with drunks (and some sober guys) hitting on you, but that's the case at any restaurant or bar, plus you wouldn't likely end up with regular groups of 12-18 church ladies coming in, all requesting custom orders with separate checks and most tipping with phony dollar bills with psalms printed on the back in lieu of actual cash or else tipping you a quarter (happened to me several times in my waiter days). 

post #229 of 378
Weird - it double posted on me.
post #230 of 378

Not quite a reach, you labeled them all fake, and a joke ("for the most part"). 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsidious View Post

Not a fan of fake people. So I don't really try to encourage it. c5_banana.gif Plus I think cart girls are a joke, for the most part. Depending on how they carry themselves and act. 

 

I don't need that sort of interaction.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsidious View Post

Think you're reaching for that one. Never once said anything close to that.

post #231 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisguy View Post

 

Really?  The beer cart girl where I played last weekend was about 30 and was the only post-college age beer cart girl I've seen in at least a dozen years.  In the distant past, I've worked as a server at a restaurant and that actually was pretty physically difficult work - I had more back aches as a waiter than I did in other summer jobs working construction lifting 5-10x as heavy of weights.  But driving a beer cart?  No way that's tough.  I've often thought that if I was a cute college girl who liked golf, being a beer cart girl would be the ultimate summer job.  You get to drive carts around all day and even though it's routine, a golf cart is still pretty fun.  You get to work on a killer tan while getting paid for it, and if you have a pleasant personality, I imagine that tips are pretty decent, probably $10-$20/hr.  Plus I imagine that, like most golf course employees, they get to play for free.  Sure you'd have to deal with drunks (and some sober guys) hitting on you, but that's the case at any restaurant or bar, plus you wouldn't likely end up with regular groups of 12-18 church ladies coming in, all requesting custom orders with separate checks and most tipping with phony dollar bills with psalms printed on the back in lieu of actual cash or else tipping you a quarter (happened to me several times in my waiter days). 

I don't think it's phsically demanding as much that it's a low wage job without much gratification. I suppose everyone is different but I'd feel debased if I had to do that and I had the slightest idea of what the vast majority of the men really thought of me. I recently was paired up with a 3some of guys at least 20 yrs older than me that said some real nasty stuff about a cart girl that couldn't have been a day over 21. These guys were old enough to be her grandfather and had no problem speaking of how they would treat her in bed with a stranger there. I get the boys club mentality of golf but these guys were pigs. This is my first season to golf in a while but I witnessed a lot of that on the course this year.

 

I didn't mean to imply that beverage cart attendant is any more difficult than any other similar service job, pretty sure I didn't. I don't think any of those jobs are easy and that's why I treat people in that industry with respect. Somebody has to do it. As a single guy I rely on their service a lot.

post #232 of 378

I always tip the cart girl, how much can she be making anyway and look at all the a-holes she has to put up with.

post #233 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooke119 View Post

I always tip the cart girl, how much can she be making anyway and look at all the a-holes she has to put up with.

 

I know.. all those guys trying to flirt with her and get a little more than a beverage. Disgusting. She might boost your ego a little, but that's about it.

post #234 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsidious View Post

 

I know.. all those guys trying to flirt with her and get a little more than a beverage. Disgusting. She might boost your ego a little, but that's about it.

You mean guys like you?  Who "tip them with a smile" but never fork over any cash?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Tipping the Beer Cart girl