or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 Masters Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 Masters Discussion Thread - Page 12

post #199 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
 

Dannnnnnng David, I'm more interested with what's going on around the flag!

MTV Cribs...Sand Trap Edition

Ha ha.  That's exactly what I was thinking.  What time are we starting the party Sunday??  I'm bring the pimento cheese sandwiches.  :-P 

post #200 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin View Post
 

Every year, the folks at Augusta National are giving more and more coverage.  A decade or so ago, you'd barely see any of the front nine - CBS would join the telecast as the leaders were near the turn. I remember when they first showed the early holes and thought how special it was to see those holes on the telecast. And over the last several Masters, you're getting more and more internet streams - the coverage of the range today has been outstanding and very worthwhile.  Watching all these streams is the next best thing to being there - in fact, there is so much that you see, hear that the folks sitting at the range don't even hear/have access to.


This is a great revelation for golf broadcasting.

 

I especially love the featured groups.  You get to see a full round of golf, every hole and shot.  Instead of the highlights that network TV chooses to show you.

post #201 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
 

Ha ha.  That's exactly what I was thinking.  What time are we starting the party Sunday??  I'm bring the pimento cheese sandwiches.  :-P 


Why wait until Sunday?

 

Par 3 contest is in a few hours! :-P

post #202 of 1528
post #203 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post


I would think so. I think it would be a huge snub if he didn't.

 

 

post #204 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
 

Looks like Phil had to pay up a whole $1 for missing a 7-foot putt!

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/phil-mickelson-forks-over-a-dollar-after-losing-bet-to-fan-at-masters-practice-040914

 

Lefty doesn't welch on his bets........

post #205 of 1528

Haha, Adam Scott went with the wagyu steak too? Sweet! That was my pick:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post
 

Avocado, Mango, and Beet Salad with encrusted walnuts

Shark Fin Soup

 

Stone Crab claws

 

Wagyu Ribeye Steaks

Bluefin Tuna steaks

creamed spinach

grilled asparagus and zucchini marinated in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt

garlic mashed potatoes

 

 

Pumpkin Pie Crème brûlée

 

 

Not exactly the same, but pretty close. They can cost a few hundred dollars per pound. 

post #206 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Yeah, the pollen has been nuts down here.  I need a snow shovel to get rid of it.  A lot of people are going to really struggle with allergies out on the course.  Could affect some players too, I'd imagine.

You ain't kidding dude. My car looks like a pile of yellow dust with wheels. I can't even imagine how bad it is for people with allergies.
post #207 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
 

Dannnnnnng David, I'm more interested with what's going on around the flag!

MTV Cribs...Sand Trap Edition

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
 

Ha ha.  That's exactly what I was thinking.  What time are we starting the party Sunday??  I'm bring the pimento cheese sandwiches.  :-P

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumaAttack View Post
 


Why wait until Sunday?

 

Par 3 contest is in a few hours! :-P

 

LOL.  It's Florida, you've gotta to have a pool, someplace to burn a steak, and a comfy place to sit, watch the Masters, and enjoy a nice scotch and cigar when the wife throws your sorry butt out of the house!

 

Come on over!   :-D

post #208 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

So who are your sleeper picks this week?

I'm going with Graham DeLaet, Marc Leishman, and Billy Horschel.

 

Not sure I'd call him a sleeper, but Angel Cabrera. Shows up every major it seems, particularly at Augusta. Also like Russel Henley.

post #209 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin View Post
 

 

 

Wow. I'm surprised he didn't go.  I guess I'm not surprised, but I bet if it were Mickelson, he would have made the trip to honor Scott.  I know that comment is going to be a lightning rod, but I don't care. Unless of course his surgery recovery would have prevented him from going, but all of you guys in the injury thread that have had the same surgery made it sound like you were doing backwards hand flips 4 days afterward, so I don't know.  :-P 

post #210 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
 

Wow. I'm surprised he didn't go.  I guess I'm not surprised, but I bet if it were Mickelson, he would have made the trip to honor Scott.  I know that comment is going to be a lightning rod, but I don't care. Unless of course his surgery recovery would have prevented him from going, but all of you guys in the injury thread that have had the same surgery made it sound like you were doing backwards hand flips 4 days afterward, so I don't know.  :-P

 

I agree.  I'm surprised.

post #211 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
 

Wow. I'm surprised he didn't go.  I guess I'm not surprised, but I bet if it were Mickelson, he would have made the trip to honor Scott.  I know that comment is going to be a lightning rod, but I don't care. Unless of course his surgery recovery would have prevented him from going, but all of you guys in the injury thread that have had the same surgery made it sound like you were doing backwards hand flips 4 days afterward, so I don't know.  :-P

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

I agree.  I'm surprised.

I'm not at all surprised.

 

A)  He just had surgery, the exact nature of which (recovery time) none of us know anything about.  He's surely not bed-ridden, but perhaps travel is a no-no?  We just don't know.

 

and

 

B)  He's Tiger Woods.  He pretty much does whatever he wants, no?

post #212 of 1528

I would have been more shocked if he were there...

 

Will the Par 3 curse be broken this year?!

post #213 of 1528
I don't know much about how often past champs attend the dinner, but I'm not all that surprised he didn't go. He just had back surgery.
post #214 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I don't know much about how often past champs attend the dinner, but I'm not all that surprised he didn't go. He just had back surgery.

Huh? It's a dinner for the past champs!!  That's the whole point of the evening.  And I definitely said in my original post that maybe it's because of the surgery.  I don't know enough about the recovery to know if it's something he could have done.  

post #215 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I don't know much about how often past champs attend the dinner, but I'm not all that surprised he didn't go. He just had back surgery.

Right.  Before people chastise him for not attending, I'd like to see the attendance list from past years for people in similar situations.

 

Also, I can't find Larry Mize or Mark O Meara in that picture.

post #216 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Right.  Before people chastise him for not attending, I'd like to see the attendance list from past years for people in similar situations.

 

Also, I can't find Larry Mize or Mark O Meara in that picture.

O'Meara.  back right corner

 

 

They haven't posted the Billy Payne interview yet today on masters.org.  Anyone find a link to it somewhere else?  I know it already happened, but I missed it. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 Masters Discussion Thread