or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 Masters Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 Masters Discussion Thread - Page 15

post #253 of 1528

Watching the par three makes me want to sneak out of work and go play a quick nine at lake forest....@Golfingdad When are we playing again?

post #254 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
 

I know a Par 3 contest winner has never won the Masters in the same year....but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to throw the winner in your fantasy golf team either way ;-) 

Somebody has to do it some day..................

post #255 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith White View Post
 

Somebody has to do it some day..................


Technically, no they don't! :-P

post #256 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefkve View Post
 

Watching the par three makes me want to sneak out of work and go play a quick nine at lake forest....@Golfingdad When are we playing again?


Agreed!

 

But instead I have to go look at houses...  ahh with my clubs in the trunk too.

post #257 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumaAttack View Post
 


Agreed!

 

But instead I have to go look at houses...  ahh with my clubs in the trunk too.


You mean some people DON'T always keep their clubs in the trunk???

post #258 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefkve View Post
 

Watching the par three makes me want to sneak out of work and go play a quick nine at lake forest....@Golfingdad When are we playing again?

Might be able to do Friday morning before work.

post #259 of 1528

Here's what Time Herron is wearing for Masters week

 

post #260 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

Here's what Time Herron is wearing for Masters week

 

LOL, that's awesome!

 

@jamo and @JetFan1983 ... is there going to be a live chat tomorrow?!?!?!?

post #261 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran123 View Post

Arnold Palmer is honestly the coolest man alive. As old as he is, golfing like he can, jabbing at other players, his stories, he's a boss.

Not to mention magazine covers with Kate Upton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

LOL, that's awesome!

@jamo
 and @JetFan1983
 ... is there going to be a live chat tomorrow?!?!?!?


I'll be around.
post #262 of 1528

Not just Masters related but I've really been liking Arron Oberholser's commentary. He knows his stuff.

post #263 of 1528
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post
 

Why is Ian Baker Finch playing in the par 3 tourney?

 

Because:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

 

@jamo and @JetFan1983 ... is there going to be a live chat tomorrow?!?!?!?

 

Here in the thread.

post #264 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Because:

 

 

 

Yeah if you've won a major or a US/British Amateur you can play in the par 3 tournament. 

post #265 of 1528
I don't care if Baker Finch can tecnically play. I still think it's weird that he's the only non- past winner or participant this year that'playing in it
post #266 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post

I don't care if Baker Finch can tecnically play. I still think it's weird that he's the only non- past winner or participant this year that'playing in it

I believe Mark Calcavecchia played as did Steve Melynk, Jerry Pate, Steve Jones, Rich Beem, Dave Stockton, Nathaniel Crosby, Al Geiberger -----winners of US Amateur, US Opens, PGA, Brit Opens......

post #267 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin View Post
 

I believe Mark Calcavecchia played as did Steve Melynk, Jerry Pate, Steve Jones, Rich Beem, Dave Stockton, Nathaniel Crosby, Al Geiberger -----winners of US Amateur, US Opens, PGA, Brit Opens......

Who???  :-D

post #268 of 1528

Aside from being a great Chairman for the club, Billy Payne is an amazing spokesman.  I think his pre-tournament interviews are fantastic every year, and this time is no exception. He's amazingly articulate, funny, and really seems like a great guy.  I really enjoyed his interview this year.

post #269 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

 

@jamo and @JetFan1983 ... is there going to be a live chat tomorrow?!?!?!?

 

Darn it... Erik had to change it this year, but yea I'll definitely be here provide plenty of my usual useless commentary :-D .

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

 

@jamo and @JetFan1983 ... is there going to be a live chat tomorrow?!?!?!?

 

Here in the thread.

 

Awwww, but the shoot-from-hip back and forth of the chat room is so priceless every year... :cry:

 

Alright fine, I'll accept change. 

post #270 of 1528
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post
 

Awwww, but the shoot-from-hip back and forth of the chat room is so priceless every year... :cry:

 

Alright fine, I'll accept change. 

 

We're just going to do it here.

 

The chat room (which only ran on Sundays anyway) only ever attracted 20 people or so. And we had to remind people to choose a username, etc. etc. etc. Just post in the thread. The alert bar lets you know when there are new posts.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 Masters Discussion Thread