or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › I've heard there are a lot of people on resignation lists??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I've heard there are a lot of people on resignation lists?? - Page 2

post #19 of 25

Golfnow is good for the single golfer. But when you're part of a group of 5-6 foursomes, it's harder to coordinate, pay for all of them etc.  It's really for the budget-minded golfer.   I understand OP's POV - some people have the money and want to be part of a country club with all the amenities that go with membership.  Many of these courses don't have the same issues that you find on more public courses (ie abuse of the course, pace of play).

post #20 of 25

^ I would agree with the budget mindset of golfnow.     Golfnow works for up to foursomes in most cases, more than that in your group, it would be difficult to use.     To me, golf is always sweeter when I find a deal on it ...

post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post
 

^ I would agree with the budget mindset of golfnow.     Golfnow works for up to foursomes in most cases, more than that in your group, it would be difficult to use.     To me, golf is always sweeter when I find a deal on it ...

Most definitely. I enjoy paying $15 for a course that goes for $145 here in the Tampa area....of course, you can't mind playing in the middle of the day when temps/humidity are max and the daily thunderstorm hit and your round might be interrupted by lightening storms - but I'll take my chances. I swear by Golfnow - but for the CC player who likes to have his usual large group of golfers everyday - Golfnow isn't really going to work for that guy.

post #22 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin View Post

Most definitely. I enjoy paying $15 for a course that goes for $145 here in the Tampa area....of course, you can't mind playing in the middle of the day when temps/humidity are max and the daily thunderstorm hit and your round might be interrupted by lightening storms - but I'll take my chances. I swear by Golfnow - but for the CC player who likes to have his usual large group of golfers everyday - Golfnow isn't really going to work for that guy.
hello fellow floridian. I played in fortmyers for 8 years and the thunderstorms were always a gamble. Some coureses tried to be slick with the rain checks but for the most part you could get covered for the rain. They would ask you what hole you made it too and compensate based on that
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0lverine View Post


hello fellow floridian. I played in fortmyers for 8 years and the thunderstorms were always a gamble. Some coureses tried to be slick with the rain checks but for the most part you could get covered for the rain. They would ask you what hole you made it too and compensate based on that


I found that the course would have you call Golfnow and get it through them - most time time it wasn't worth the effort (for nine holes of golf rain check).

post #24 of 25

I believe a Country Club (an equity membership) can be a good investment.  But before I joined one I'd ask a few questions other than how much are the annual dues and cost of memberships. 

 

1. How many equity memberships are permitted and how many are available now?

2. How many special assessments have there been in the last 10 years and for how much?

3. Are there club restaurant minimums and if so how much are they?

4. What is the transfer fee when I decide to sell my membership?

5. What is the guest policy and fees?  (e.g. who is guest and who is family?)

6. Can you play the course once (hopefully free) to determine if it is one you would like to play a lot?

 

If you know a club member well enough they could be a good source of "insider" information on the other members, quality of service, any added fees you might expect (employee bonuses, etc.), typical course conditions, other than golf activities, and so forth.

post #25 of 25
Thread Starter 

Also to be included in your questions should be:

 

 

How many people are on your resignation list?

How long is it taking them to get out or off it?

What is the financial stability of the club?

How many rounds a golf to you do a day/week?

Do you offer bundled memberships?

Can you walk a round?

what are tee time policies and preferences?

 

there are others, I just wanted to add to your list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghalfaire View Post
 

I believe a Country Club (an equity membership) can be a good investment.  But before I joined one I'd ask a few questions other than how much are the annual dues and cost of memberships. 

 

1. How many equity memberships are permitted and how many are available now?

2. How many special assessments have there been in the last 10 years and for how much?

3. Are there club restaurant minimums and if so how much are they?

4. What is the transfer fee when I decide to sell my membership?

5. What is the guest policy and fees?  (e.g. who is guest and who is family?)

6. Can you play the course once (hopefully free) to determine if it is one you would like to play a lot?

 

If you know a club member well enough they could be a good source of "insider" information on the other members, quality of service, any added fees you might expect (employee bonuses, etc.), typical course conditions, other than golf activities, and so forth.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › I've heard there are a lot of people on resignation lists??