or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Golf Digest cover with Paulina Gretzky
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Golf Digest cover with Paulina Gretzky - Page 8

post #127 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
 

I don't think it's necessarily "heated". However, this debate is mostly about moral fabric so it is going to come off as personal and maybe even a little "raw". I'm just glad it has stayed on topic, so that's a plus that we can all be happy about I guess.

 

Agreed.

 

Tempest in a teapot, too. It's not like we have better things to discuss. Errrrr, wait, The Masters is this week? :)

post #128 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Agreed.

 

Tempest in a teapot, too. It's not like we have better things to discuss. Errrrr, wait, The Masters is this week? :)


lol Yeah, who knew?!

On a side note, as much attention as Paulina is getting, she's becoming less attractive by the minute because I'm now getting sick of her!  :beer: 

post #129 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
 

On a side note, as much attention as Paulina is getting, she's becoming less attractive by the minute because I'm now getting sick of her!  :beer: 

 

It's WORKING!

 

I'm out. Heading downtown to edit LSW.

post #130 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
 

I don't think it's necessarily "heated". However, this debate is mostly about moral fabric so it is going to come off as personal and maybe even a little "raw". I'm just glad it has stayed on topic, so that's a plus that we can all be happy about I guess.


If by being raw and on topic you mean that it went "im envious of that guy marrying that beatiful girl" for a bit of fun to "she has nothing to do with golf therefore why is she on a golf mag" to "dont tell me how to raise my kids in multiple quotation boxes" then sure... its still on topic... oh crap i have just derailed it.

 

Back on track, I like to look at pretty girls on pretty glossy golf magazine covers.  I will continue to read this magazine online or buy it at the airport.

post #131 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran123 View Post
 

Has anyone read the article?

 

Is the article about golf or fitness?

It's about fitness, the article itself contains pictures of Paulina in workout clothes doing various exercises.

post #132 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

It's about fitness, the article itself contains pictures of Paulina in workout clothes doing various exercises.

I don't believe you.

post #133 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananarama View Post


If by being raw and on topic you mean that it went "im envious of that guy marrying that beatiful girl" for a bit of fun to "she has nothing to do with golf therefore why is she on a golf mag" to "dont tell me how to raise my kids in multiple quotation boxes" then sure... its still on topic... oh crap i have just derailed it.

Back on track, I like to look at pretty girls on pretty glossy golf magazine covers.  I will continue to read this magazine online or buy it at the airport.

Lol. Don't forget the comparisons to the BP oil spill. It's been entertaining.
post #134 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post


Lol. Don't forget the comparisons to the BP oil spill. It's been entertaining.

 

There's an old saying in business....  "The responsibility for effective communication lies with the person doing the communicating."

 

I must be a terrible communicator, because there are people here who actually think that there was a comparison made between the BP disaster and the cover of Golf Digest, when there wasn't.

 

:blink:

post #135 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

There's an old saying in business....  "The responsibility for effective communication lies with the person doing the communicating."

 

I must be a terrible communicator, because there are people here who actually think that there was a comparison made between the BP disaster and the cover of Golf Digest, when there wasn't.

 

:blink:

Come on, David.  There HAS to be a caveat that goes with that old saying that puts some of the burden on the communicatee (am I making up a word?) !! :beer:

 

Several people had no trouble understanding EXACTLY what you were saying.

post #136 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Come on, David.  There HAS to be a caveat that goes with that old saying that puts some of the burden on the communicatee (am I making up a word?) !! :beer:

 

Several people had no trouble understanding EXACTLY what you were saying.

 

True, but a good communicator should be able to communicate effectively with people of all levels of comprehension, even with those that struggle.   ;-)

post #137 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

There's an old saying in business....  "The responsibility for effective communication lies with the person doing the communicating."

I must be a terrible communicator, because there are people here who actually think that there was a comparison made between the BP disaster and the cover of Golf Digest, when there wasn't.

z4_blink.gif

I understood but kinda funny it came up in a hot chick thread. Embellishment to add to the comedy. I'm pretty witty in person, evidently not so much through the written word.
post #138 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

I must be a terrible communicator, because there are people here who actually think that there was a comparison made between the BP disaster and the cover of Golf Digest, when there wasn't.

 

:blink:

 

Well the inference was they are both examples of bad publicity, which mentioning them in the same phrase could imply they are potentialy of equal negativity from the writer. There isn't any doubt the publicity from the oil spill was bad...and could never be considered good. It also was not a "planned communication." The GD cover was a planned communication and I suspect the editor knew exactly what could/would happen, but in this case some may feel it is bad publicity and some may not...we have these discussions on a regular basis at our publication. We weigh the risk and decide to move forward or go down a different path. Mostly due to how much time we want to deal with it from readers/advertisers.

 

Personally to me there is a difference in publicity as a result of a tragedy/crime as opposed to publicity from a editorial/marketing decision.

 

I personally think a better example would be the Rolling Stone cover that had the surviving Boston bomber on it...In that case more so then not most surely felt that was offensive and bad publicity for Rolling Stone.

post #139 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfritchie View Post
 

 

Well the inference was they are both examples of bad publicity, which mentioning them in the same phrase could imply they are potentialy of equal negativity from the writer. There isn't any doubt the publicity from the oil spill was bad...and could never be considered good. It also was not a "planned communication." The GD cover was a planned communication and I suspect the editor knew exactly what could/would happen, but in this case some may feel it is bad publicity and some may not...we have these discussions on a regular basis at our publication. We weigh the risk and decide to move forward or go down a different path. Mostly due to how much time we want to deal with it from readers/advertisers.

 

Personally to me there is a difference in publicity as a result of a tragedy/crime as opposed to publicity from a editorial/marketing decision.

 

I personally think a better example would be the Rolling Stone cover that had the surviving Boston bomber on it...In that case more so then not most surely felt that was offensive and bad publicity for Rolling Stone.

Exactly, the GD cover is closer in comparison to how Brandel trashes Tiger to gain notoriety, than it is to the BP oil spill which was a environmental tragedy.

post #140 of 144
Just read it. Actually it was kind of interesting. More than fitness, found out Dustin is buddies with Kid Rock. He lives in Jupiter.
post #141 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2512 View Post

Just read it. Actually it was kind of interesting. More than fitness, found out Dustin is buddies with Kid Rock. He lives in Jupiter.

Does it have some good stretches?    I stand by my opinion that there were better choices for the model but I haven't cancelled my subscription or burned hockey sticks in misguided effigy. ;)  
If the fitness articles are actually helpful, then I really won't care about the model.

post #142 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by krupa View Post
 

Does it have some good stretches?    I stand by my opinion that there were better choices for the model but I haven't cancelled my subscription or burned hockey sticks in misguided effigy. ;)  
If the fitness articles are actually helpful, then I really won't care about the model.

 

+1.  its so not a big deal.

post #143 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by krupa View Post

Does it have some good stretches?    I stand by my opinion that there were better choices for the model but I haven't cancelled my subscription or burned hockey sticks in misguided effigy. ;)  

If the fitness articles are actually helpful, then I really won't care about the model.

Yes it does.
post #144 of 144

Just thought I'd point out that the current issue of GD (I've never paid for it, wife got a free subscription at some point for me and they've been sending me "Final Notice" along with every ~4th issue for 2-3 years) has a (I think) two page spread with Ryan O'Toole in hot shorts and a sports bra demoing some exercise looking hot and actually like a strong athlete.  Sure, she's no Park or Lewis or Pettersen or whatever, but at least she's an actual pro golfer!

 

Of course, we all knew "fitness" was a BS post blow up PR rationalization for putting Gretzky on the cover...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Golf Digest cover with Paulina Gretzky