or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › 100 million dollars or 10 wishes (but you can't wish for money)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

100 million dollars or 10 wishes (but you can't wish for money)

Poll Results: $100M or 10 Wishes (Can't wish for money)?

 
  • 17% (4)
    $100M
  • 82% (19)
    10 Wishes
23 Total Votes  
post #1 of 38
Thread Starter 

There were throwing this around on the radio the other day, seemed fun to toy with. The idea was you could have 10 wishes but you could not wish for loads of gold or cash. Someone called in and said they would wish to be the greatest pitcher to ever play the game and that would bring 40million a year contracts so Id probably go that route. But not as a pitcher. I play golf so Id go the golf route.

post #2 of 38

Definitely the 10 wishes. There are some things that money can't buy but wishes can. 

post #3 of 38

 

10 wishes. Since we already are in an imaginary situation, I'll imagine we can wish for anything. I'd pick 10 things in life that I desire above everything. Stuff money can't buy.

post #4 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
 

 

10 wishes. Since we already are in an imaginary situation, I'll imagine we can wish for anything. I'd pick 10 things in life that I desire above everything. Stuff money can't buy.

 

Health for all loved ones is the first one that comes to mind.

post #5 of 38

snapfade,

 

I'll take the $100 million. This would give more flexibility than 10 wishes.

 

If you deliver the check to me in person, I'll buy you lunch!

post #6 of 38
£100,000,000 all day long! This amount would grant me 20 wishes minimum!!! Luckily my whole family is in good health and I could spread more happiness with 100 mil than I could with 10 poxy wishes! Besides wishes don't come true anyway!!! I made loads as a kid, not one came true! And I blew all the candles out in one go!
post #7 of 38

$100 million and I give away $99 million...

post #8 of 38

I'd take the money. It's much easier to keep track of and not fritter any away during a moments inattention unlike a wish that could easily be spent and not even know it until its too late. I wish I knew where the tv remote was... I wish traffic wasn't so heavy today... I wish I had gone to the restroom before my 2 hour commute... I wish I didn't have to go to work today...

 

Wishes would be way too easily to spend while distracted.

post #9 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardballs View Post

£100,000,000 all day long! This amount would grant me 20 wishes minimum!!! Luckily my whole family is in good health and I could spread more happiness with 100 mil than I could with 10 poxy wishes! Besides wishes don't come true anyway!!! I made loads as a kid, not one came true! And I blew all the candles out in one go!

@Hardballs is trying to sneak in the few more bucks with British Pounds sterling!

 

I'd take the wishes.

post #10 of 38

I'd take the wishes, no doubt.

 

  • Health and long lives for myself and all loved ones. What good is $100M if you die in a year?
  • The best of luck for myself and my loved ones. What good is $100M if you get hit by a bus tomorrow?
  • The best business savvy. You can make your money without directly wishing for money).
    • Alternative idea: wish for the ability to accurately predict the outcome of every major sporting event. Bam: you can make your money easily. :)
  • Never-ending happiness for myself and all loved ones. Cuz hell, even if you're poor, but you're happy, who gives a shit?

 

See, and I still have six wishes left.

post #11 of 38
Think I'd wish for Paulina and give her the remaining 9
post #12 of 38

If I had answered 100M, I would probably say something like "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush" and that that 100M could be turned into billions through wise investing to get me everything "I could wish for. . ."? Or could it???

 

Wishes could be something like:

Become super intelligent (in the 99.9999th percentile) without any of the side effects of being so smart, be great at all athletic endeavors, live for 1000 years or more and never have any diseases, illness or other affliction, Time travel, same for all my family and friends. . . who really needs all ten?

 

The time travel alone could turn into lots of $$$, but why would you care?

 

EDIT: I saw Erik's response and added all my friends and family.

post #13 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

I'd take the wishes, no doubt.

 

  • Health and long lives for myself and all loved ones. What good is $100M if you die in a year?
  • The best of luck for myself and my loved ones. What good is $100M if you get hit by a bus tomorrow?
  • The best business savvy. You can make your money without directly wishing for money).
    • Alternative idea: wish for the ability to accurately predict the outcome of every major sporting event. Bam: you can make your money easily. :)
  • Never-ending happiness for myself and all loved ones. Cuz hell, even if you're poor, but you're happy, who gives a shit?

 

See, and I still have six wishes left.

I was just going to answer, "Duh, the wishes" and then add that I think people who said the 100 million just have no imagination.  This post helps prove that example.:beer:

post #14 of 38

I'd take the 10 wishes. First one would be that my back would be normal so I could play better golf...:-D

post #15 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

I was just going to answer, "Duh, the wishes" and then add that I think people who said the 100 million just have no imagination.  This post helps prove that example.c2_beer.gif
£100 mil would instantly improve anyone's imagination! I can already see my private golf course! Members only! Just me, my son, and half the LPGA! You should see the beer cart girls!!! One of them has 3 breasts!!
post #16 of 38
I wish I could average 300 yard drives.
post #17 of 38

I said 10 wishes, but that's assuming I'm not getting them from a jinni as maximally devious as they're depicted in folklore.  Like, I wish for health and a long life for me and all the people I care about (family, friends, etc.), and the jinni turns us all into pest and disease resistant sequoia trees or tortoises or something.  I don't want 10 wishes where I have to come up with a War and Peace length contract type document defining all the rules and terms that apply to the granting of that wish.

post #18 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

I wish I could average 300 yard drives.

 

Careful about the terms you wish for.  Remember you gotta wish for 300 yard drives with the shape and trajectory you want that finish right on target.  300 yards with a 45˚ pull or slice two fairways over don't help a whole lot  :-O

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › 100 million dollars or 10 wishes (but you can't wish for money)