or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › TaylorMade Golf Introduces SLDR Mini Driver
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TaylorMade Golf Introduces SLDR Mini Driver - Page 4

post #55 of 64

I hit my irons and woods fairly clean and accurately but I produce a huge slice when hitting my driver. I've had a few lessons but I still can't consistently hit my driver in the fairway. Could this club be a permanent replacement for driver for my game?

post #56 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by PathToThePGA View Post
 

I hit my irons and woods fairly clean and accurately but I produce a huge slice when hitting my driver. I've had a few lessons but I still can't consistently hit my driver in the fairway. Could this club be a permanent replacement for driver for my game?

 

I'm so impressed with this club I'd say yes, give it a try.

 

In the long run you should learn to hit your driver, but in the meantime, this mini driver could make the game more fun for you.

 

My opinion.

post #57 of 64

I am testing this out in the 12 degree version tomorrow afternoon.  I am very curious to see how it plays and will report back.

post #58 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

I am testing this out in the 12 degree version tomorrow afternoon.  I am very curious to see how it plays and will report back.

Leaving me hanging bro? (Just joking)

I'm thinking more everyday that something like that may work for me.
post #59 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post

Leaving me hanging bro? (Just joking)

I'm thinking more everyday that something like that may work for me.

I like it a lot. I gave up about 10-15 yards in carry over my driver with a fair amount of increased accuracy. It is pretty easy to hit off the tee. However, I am probably not going to put one in the bag...right now. I struggle right now to get the ball in the air out of the fairway and 12 degrees is not helping that cause. If I give up on the driver, this will be in the bag though. I really like the shorter than driver length of the club as well.
post #60 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

I like it a lot. I gave up about 10-15 yards in carry over my driver with a fair amount of increased accuracy. It is pretty easy to hit off the tee. However, I am probably not going to put one in the bag...right now. I struggle right now to get the ball in the air out of the fairway and 12 degrees is not helping that cause. If I give up on the driver, this will be in the bag though. I really like the shorter than driver length of the club as well.

Did you find it noticably harder to hit off of the ground than your 3 wood?

I'm hitting my 3W really well now and I'm thinking a 12 degree might be good on long par 5s. If I went that route I would leave the 5W at home. Probably would keep the driver in the bag but use it mostly on more open holes.
post #61 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post

Did you find it noticably harder to hit off of the ground than your 3 wood?

I'm hitting my 3W really well now and I'm thinking a 12 degree might be good on long par 5s. If I went that route I would leave the 5W at home. Probably would keep the driver in the bag but use it mostly on more open holes.

I don't think you would have a problem with it. I literally can't hit a 3w off the deck right now, so I am not much help. Last year when I could actually get a fairway wood in the air, I was able to hit my 12.5 degree Driveway off the deck just fine. Give it a whirl sometime and see what happens.
post #62 of 64

Went to a fitting centre yesterday to try the mini driver out and all i can say is i am very impressed with it, i was testing the 14 degree model and my longest was 267 yards. It is much more accurate than my Callaway X hot which i was getting over 3k rpm on. So i was having some very bad shots with when it did go wrong.

 

This brought my spin levels way down and i was very confident with the club to just keep hitting it as hard as i could. I traded my X Hot in and bought the Mini Driver, tested it out at the range today and all i can say is yes it has definitely improved my driving and that was my biggest flaw. 

 

If you struggle for accuracy off the tee this will no doubt help u in my opinion and the person that was giving me the fitting said they are flying out the store due to being so easy to hit. My X Hot was getting about 210-220 yards on average. I average over 250 yards now with this driver and i wont look back. This will be in my bag for quite some time hope this helps guys.

post #63 of 64
Glad to hear it's helping you. Are you supposed to place the ball forward in your stance still, as you would a driver, or in the middle like the rest of your clubs?
post #64 of 64
I hit the mini at a demo day and really liked it. I bought one and can't hit it worth a darn. I'm going to sell it because it doesn't really fit my game. 14 loft with a regular flex shaft.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › TaylorMade Golf Introduces SLDR Mini Driver