or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Curious - which pro gets the most in-out with the least extension?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Curious - which pro gets the most in-out with the least extension? - Page 2

post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post
 

I guess I was more interested in why the picture on the left is better for compression vs. the pic on the right. I assumed that getting into the position on the right would help with compression. The back thing I get. 

 

Compression of what?

 

I think Mike was using not the best word (i.e. he probably should should have said less extended, closer to being in flexion), but you took it to mean compression on the golf ball perhaps?

post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Compression of what?

 

I think Mike was using not the best word (i.e. he probably should should have said less extended, closer to being in flexion), but you took it to mean compression on the golf ball perhaps?

 

Yeah sorry, we were talking about bad backs so I was talking about back "compression".

post #21 of 24
uote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Compression of what?

 

I think Mike was using not the best word (i.e. he probably should should have said less extended, closer to being in flexion), but you took it to mean compression on the golf ball perhaps?

yes, that's what I thought he was referring to...hence my confusion.

post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

Yeah sorry, we were talking about bad backs so I was talking about back "compression".

 

Sorry, I didn't put that into context. I wasn't sure if you were saying there was something about Faldo's swing in the left pic that helped him strike the ball better. Isn't the left pic one of his latest swings? 

post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post
 

 

Sorry, I didn't put that into context. I wasn't sure if you were saying there was something about Faldo's swing in the left pic that helped him strike the ball better. Isn't the left pic one of his latest swings? 

 

Yeah within the last several years or so I think. The far right pic would generally result in a higher ball flight. Faldo is a great player so he can hit it well, "compress" it, with both swings. For most amateurs it can also help them swing outward or less inward.

 

@iacas actually started a thread today on the term "compression". Now you can start telling your buddies how you well you're deforming the ball ;-)

 

 Compression vs. Deformation and Other Words 

post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

Yeah within the last several years or so I think. The far right pic would generally result in a higher ball flight. Faldo is a great player so he can hit it well, "compress" it, with both swings. For most amateurs it can also help them swing outward or less inward.

 

@iacas actually started a thread today on the term "compression". Now you can start telling your buddies how you well you're deforming the ball ;-)

 

 Compression vs. Deformation and Other Words 

wow, 6 hours behind on reading the latest threads and not keeping up the proper terminology has already led to confusion. :doh: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Curious - which pro gets the most in-out with the least extension?