or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Selling Old Clubs - Don't Know Names or Values - Any Input? (Photos Included)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Selling Old Clubs - Don't Know Names or Values - Any Input? (Photos Included)

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

This is what I know, or at least what I read off the clubs :) Here is the link to the pictures. 

https://www.dropbox.com/l/hlhK70nqM6EiGve1NJSZV8?

 

Set 1
Select Series Mid-Body 3-9,PW irons
Spalding Tour Impact Titanium Face Driver 1
CadieGear Maxxum 1Driver 200 CC Titanium
                 7+9 iron Maxxum Oversize
True Ace Flex 5 Hulk Oversize P

 

Set 2

Spalding Tour Impact Titanium Carbonite Oversize 3-9, P irons, 3+5 Drivers
Spalding Powerpact Baffy Graphite 5 Driver
Acer Jumbo Driver 1 XDS

CadieGear Maxxum 5 iron

Spalding Black and Teal bag

Then there's that gold one that says Tapecoat on the gold, and on the shaft it says "GOLDEN TOUCH For Extra Feel And Control"

 

Thank you for your time and if you have any input it would be greatly appreciated!

post #2 of 10

Sorry to be a downer but you're not going to get much for those clubs.

post #3 of 10
Not much is better than nothing. I have an old set that's not worth much ad well. But decided to keep it. Going to regrip it and keep it as a practice set for whoever.
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakry View Post

Not much is better than nothing. I have an old set that's not worth much ad well. But decided to keep it. Going to regrip it and keep it as a practice set for whoever.

 

I was trying to be nice when I said "not much", I don't even know if anyone would take those clubs as a trade in.

post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

I was trying to be nice when I said "not much", I don't even know if anyone would take those clubs as a trade in.

ya, i got ya.

What i meant was, im the type thats like "Oh, someone will buy my stuff..take it!!" Lol

post #6 of 10
Agree with Mvmac, pretty much zero resale value with those off-brands. However, my wife bought me a Caddie Gear 7 iron at a thrift shop one day (she was trying to be a Smartass about something) and it actually turn out to be a pretty nice feeling club. She paid $1.25 for it so I guess a full set of irons would fetch around $10.
post #7 of 10

On occasion you can get a modest trade-in on clubs a few years old if the shafts are good. The buyer may take the club(s) apart and reuse the shafts if they're "upgrade" type models.

 

Unfortunately, I don't think any of your clubs you listed fall into this category.

post #8 of 10

A couple of fotos would make the thread much more interesting.... just a thought!

post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUTiger View Post
 

On occasion you can get a modest trade-in on clubs a few years old if the shafts are good. The buyer may take the club(s) apart and reuse the shafts if they're "upgrade" type models.

 

Unfortunately, I don't think any of your clubs you listed fall into this category.

Hmmm...I'll have to check when I get home but I think mine has a True Temper XL lite*? I assume those were the stock shafts because I can't fathom someone going to the trouble and expense of re-shafting a Caddie Gear 7 iron.

 

*I could be way off though, I'm not much of a gear head so my shaft knowledge is spotty. I believe whatever it is, it's a stepless shaft.

post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozgolf View Post
 

A couple of fotos would make the thread much more interesting.... just a thought!

 

He included a link to the pics

https://www.dropbox.com/l/hlhK70nqM6EiGve1NJSZV8?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Selling Old Clubs - Don't Know Names or Values - Any Input? (Photos Included)