or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 RBC Heritage Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 RBC Heritage Discussion Thread

post #1 of 55
Thread Starter 

Some interesting names in the field this week, including the likes of Nick Faldo and Tom Watson. Many Masters contenders are in the field, including Jordan Speith, Jim Furyk, and Matt Kuchar. 

post #2 of 55
Defending champion is Graeme McDowell who missed the cut at The Masters but is back in the field this week.
post #3 of 55

Is Patrick Reed in the field? I don't know how many top 5 guys are playing this week but he's my pick if he's playing.

post #4 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post

Is Patrick Reed in the field? I don't know how many top 5 guys are playing this week but he's my pick if he's playing.
Yep, Reed is here. Pretty decent field it seems to me. Spieth. Kuchar. Watson (Tom, not Bubba, lol) Nick Faldo is playing too, which might be fun.

I'm here in town visiting my parents, and the island is starting to get crowded. Fewer and fewer tee times at the course iny plantation here in Indigo Run.

McDowell hit a ceremonial tee shot with a nearby cannon that gave him a shock after he made contact. See the link: http://www.islandpacket.com/2014/04/14/3059877/rbc-heritage-opens-with-a-blast.html?sp=/99/257/
post #5 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallT View Post


Yep, Reed is here. Pretty decent field it seems to me. Spieth. Kuchar. Watson (Tom, not Bubba, lol) Nick Faldo is playing too, which might be fun.

I'm here in town visiting my parents, and the island is starting to get crowded. Fewer and fewer tee times at the course iny plantation here in Indigo Run.

McDowell hit a ceremonial tee shot with a nearby cannon that gave him a shock after he made contact. See the link: http://www.islandpacket.com/2014/04/14/3059877/rbc-heritage-opens-with-a-blast.html?sp=/99/257/

haha my volume is too loud the canon made me jump lol

post #6 of 55

Looks set to be a great tournament.  It totally goes against the grain, but some of me thinks that Jordan Spieth will be right in the mix again this week.  That's hard to do after being in the final group at Augusta, but Jordan is just so desperate for his 2nd win that momentum could well get him to the top of the leaderboard come Sunday.  Wind looks to be just as a big a factor this year, as last.

post #7 of 55

Some nice pairings:

8:10* Kuchar/Els/Mahan

8:20* Snedeker/Haas/McDowell

12:40 Spieth/DLIII/Watson (Tom)

 

8:40* Ames/Immelman/Faldo

also, it would be awesome to let players take turns in the booth commenting on Faldos play

post #8 of 55

Even though the Heritage seems to be an afterthought being right after The Masters, it has always been one of my favorites to watch. 

 

I'm pulling for Kuchar, especially after last week. 

post #9 of 55
Hate the Masters being in the rear-view, but absolutely love watching this tournament........just a great course for TV viewing IMO
post #10 of 55
The Masters and Hilton Head are my two favorite consecutive weeks on tour.
post #11 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac6 View Post

The Masters and Hilton Head are my two favorite consecutive weeks on tour.

Mine are the British Open and Canadian Open. Especially when the Canadian Open is in my home town like last year. :beer:

post #12 of 55

Spieth should walk over to Faldo on the practice range and give him pointers, then take credit for any good shots Faldo hits during his rounds.

post #13 of 55
I must have missed something: I didn't realize Faldo still played outside of the British Open and an occasional Champions Tour event. Is there something special that's causing him to play this year at Hilton Head?
post #14 of 55

One of the reason I like the Heritage is that it rewards more accurate ball strikers such as Luke Donald, Zach Johnson, and McDowell who seem to get left behind on the longer courses. I could be wrong, but I think it has one of the lowest GIR averages on tour. Besides, I think that jacket they give out is pretty cool, in an old school kinda of way. 

Come'on now, wouldn't you rather get this then a boring green jacket? :-D

 

post #15 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post
 

One of the reason I like the Heritage is that it rewards more accurate ball strikers such as Luke Donald, Zach Johnson, and McDowell who seem to get left behind on the longer courses. I could be wrong, but I think it has one of the lowest GIR averages on tour. Besides, I think that jacket they give out is pretty cool, in an old school kinda of way. 

Come'on now, wouldn't you rather get this then a boring green jacket? :-D

 

It should be a kilt instead.  You know, to honor the origins of the game and such.

post #16 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post

I could be wrong, but I think it has one of the lowest GIR averages on tour.

IIRC, it also has some of the smallest greens on tour. Part of why some say this course favors the poorer putters a1_smile.gif
post #17 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindig View Post


IIRC, it also has some of the smallest greens on tour. Part of why some say this course favors the poorer putters a1_smile.gif

Ahhh, yet another reason I like the Heritage. I'm with Dufner and think putting is the worst part of golf. But maybe that because I suck at it. :-P

post #18 of 55

Matt Kuchar once again playing solid golf. Starts off the tournament with a 1st round 66. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 RBC Heritage Discussion Thread