or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Arnie Special
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Arnie Special

post #1 of 34
Thread Starter 

I'm sure there's a thread here to just discuss this awesome special that happened on Golf Channel this week, but I can't find it.  Where is it?  I did a search and can't find it.

post #2 of 34

I've only seen parts 1 and 2. All said, I thought the shows were great. I also learned a great deal about Mr. Palmer, and so far I can see why people think he's special.

post #3 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
 

I'm sure there's a thread here to just discuss this awesome special that happened on Golf Channel this week, but I can't find it.  Where is it?  I did a search and can't find it.

 

Thanks for starting the thread ;-)

 

I've only seen one episode, recorded the other two. Big fan of Arnie, still amazing he didn't win a major after '64 when he was only 34.

post #4 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

Thanks for starting the thread ;-)

 

I've only seen one episode, recorded the other two. Big fan of Arnie, still amazing he didn't win a major after '64 when he was only 34.

No problem.  Watched all 3 last night, and I have to say it was really amazing and so well produced.  There were moments where it can get you choked up.  Talk about a role model. Holy cow.  

post #5 of 34

is it possible to link the video's?? wouldn't mind watching them myself.

post #6 of 34

Thanks for starting this thread.  Should have been 'mandatory programming' for this site!

 

Enjoyed it a lot.  Learned some new things about AP.  What a class guy.  He'd be on my short list of guys to meet, have lunch and play a round golf with.  American icon and national treasure.

 

dave

post #7 of 34

If you have On Demand it's under "Sports" and "Golf Channel" category. 

Very well done. I'd love to see a similar documentary made for Player and Jack. 

post #8 of 34

Enjoyed it very much, Mr Palmer accomplished so much, used golf to touch so many lives, as someone else said " talk about role models" I don't know how many times during the shows, I said to my wife, " hey did you know, I never knew he, or hey check this out" Looks likethe are doing something on Payne Stewart in June

post #9 of 34
Awesome special. What an amazing man... just can't believe how many cool stories that man can tell from his lifetime...
post #10 of 34
I saw a bit of it and liked it. I'll have to watch the rest On Demand.
post #11 of 34

I posted before how I enjoyed the show and I did, very much........ but the thing I came away with was THIS IS A GOOD MAN, plain and simple, that fact A GOOD MAN, we see on here the posts who is the greatest golfer..... Jack/Tiger...... ok.... I would put it like Trevino did, aint neither one of them Arnold Palmer

post #12 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royster1984 View Post
 

is it possible to link the video's?? wouldn't mind watching them myself.

 

I'm sure Golf Channel will be re-playing it a lot and like others have said, you find it if you have On Demand.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave s View Post
 

Thanks for starting this thread.  Should have been 'mandatory programming' for this site!

 

Enjoyed it a lot.  Learned some new things about AP.  What a class guy.  He'd be on my short list of guys to meet, have lunch and play a round golf with.  American icon and national treasure.

 

dave

 

Not to brag or nothing ;-) but was actually able to meet Arnie about 4 years ago in Palm Springs. Shook his hand and talked to him for a couple minutes. It was a complete surprise, I was doing something with Bobby Jones golf and we were using his side of the range at The Tradition golf club. He drove up in his golf cart and hit some balls.

post #13 of 34
This special was amazing. Arnie was such a class guy, and I could not believe some of things he did for the game of golf. He was the one to help creat the PGA Tour, Chamoions Tour, and even the Giof Channel. Not to mention he was so beloved outside the sport. He basically started sports advertising back in the day.

Pretty proud to say that I did get to meet him as well even if it was just for a brief moment in the Augusta National clubhouse nonetheless!

Really well done series about a true American icon.
post #14 of 34

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and carve out 3 hours this week and sit down to watch it. You won't regret it.

 

There will never be another Arnie. What an incredible guy and an incredible life he has lived. Without naming any names, it just makes me wish that certain players of this generation would take a que from Arnie and be more gracious to the game that has given them so much.

post #15 of 34

Arnold Palmer is the one golfer I would like to meet the most. He's very honest and to the point - and when he talks about his fans and his appreciation for them, you know he is genuinely thankful for everything golf has given him.

post #16 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog View Post
 

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and carve out 3 hours this week and sit down to watch it. You won't regret it.

 

There will never be another Arnie. What an incredible guy and an incredible life he has lived. Without naming any names, it just makes me wish that certain players of this generation would take a que from Arnie and be more gracious to the game that has given them so much.

Well said and so true.  An amazing special.  I realized that Arnie was a pilot, but I never realized how much he actually flew himself to tournaments. And he flew himself until his late 70's!   Awesome stuff.  

post #17 of 34

I've caught parts of it, and besides the information on Mr. Palmer - I was taken by watching the old tournament footage, galleries running up the fairway behind the last groups, some of the old footage, especially of Augusta and how it seems like there were more trees on 16, and the lack of rough....and it is noticeable how much slower the greens were in some of the sequences.

 

I will find the time to watch all the episodes start to finish on-demand.

post #18 of 34
Watched "Arnie" the other day. Guy hit 345 to green on old clubs in his prime! How? Do we all suck today or do we need to adapt his swing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Arnie Special