I am having a lot of trouble with my long game at the moment and as a result I am looking at getting a regular setup routine together to help sort it out. My last visit to the local pro we was working on my left wrist at impact because I am flipping a bit still. I have just purchased "The Impact Zone" by Bobby Clampett and just started reading it, hoping it gives some help and progress.
Basically my long game which I consider anything longer than a 6i (170 yds) is killing me at the minute, my bad shots are normally hooks and often low hooks.
I normally set up as following;
1. Set club face to my target by picking a spot 2-3 inches in front of the ball.
2. Set ball position in stance by adjusting feet position. Driver inside left heel, 3w 1" further right than driver, 3H/4i 3/4 inches left of centre of stance.
3. I Set my feet and body square to the club face.
4. My tee height is consistant as I use castle tees.
5. I do a 1 or 2 practice swings then let rip.
Can anyone see any big flaws or have any tips to help out??