or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Do You Have Concealed Carry Permit...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do You Have Concealed Carry Permit... - Page 6

post #91 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post

 

Places like NY, Cali and others states are doing an disservice to it's people by Not allowing CCP's. I know here in my state, if someone breaks into my house, I have specific laws that need to be met to use deadly force, which is stupid imho.

 

I'm sure there are some circumstances where this isn't true, but California law contains the castle doctrine.  You do have a right to shoot someone if they break into your home as far as I understand.

post #92 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdl View Post
 

 

I'm sure there are some circumstances where this isn't true, but California law contains the castle doctrine.  You do have a right to shoot someone if they break into your home as far as I understand.

 

Depends on the state. I know Ohio has a stand your ground law. Which is basically the Castle Doctrine, but not when you are in your residence or vehicle. 

post #93 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdl View Post
 

 

I'm sure there are some circumstances where this isn't true, but California law contains the castle doctrine.  You do have a right to shoot someone if they break into your home as far as I understand.

 

True, but that doesn't stop intruders from suing you.  

post #94 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

 

True, but that doesn't stop intruders from suing you.  

 

Ha.  That's true.  But come on.  This is the United States.  Nothing ever stops anyone from suing, ever!

post #95 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always an 80 View Post
 

 

BTW, Aussie guy, America defeated your tyranny already cause we had guns.  Go kiss the queens picture and shut the f@*k up.:-)   Cheers mate.

What a stereotypical response. You are a cartoon character. You even used the word "tyranny"! Imagine getting angry at the thought of not being allowed to roam around with a gun.  You don't expect reason from these types, do you? 

Nothing more important or sacred than the love of one's gun. And you wonder why the rest of the world rolls their eyes. Incapable of logic, doesn't understand his own constitution, but demands his "freedoms", and doesn't even know what they are.

Living in a place where people don't walk around with guns stuffed down their pants and are horrified and bemused at the thought of it is freedom, mate.

post #96 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

 

Shorty how about this:

 

According to the National Firearms Agreement private citizens were forced to turn over the banned weapons in a government buyback system. Beginning on October 1, 1966 through September 30, 1997, the Australian government spent $500 million in purchasing and destroying more than 631,000 banned guns. Howard and other politicians promised the citizens of Australia that they would be safer now that these horrible weapons had been taken off the streets.

However, that was not the case! Since Australia banned semiautomatic rifles, shotguns and pump action shotguns the gun crime rates have skyrocketed throughout the country.

Australian Gun Ban

 

Murders committed with guns increased by 19%.

Home invasions increased by 21%.

Assaults committed with guns increased by 28%.

Armed robberies skyrocketed with an increase of 69%.

Many former gun owners blame the government and their gun control laws for the increases in crimes. They feel helpless in their own homes, unable to protect themselves. In fact, home invasions were so rare prior to the gun ban that the nation did not even have a legal definition for what a home invasion was.

Seeing the direct results of what the ban on guns did in Australia, they are now warning us not to follow in their footsteps.

These numbers are fun and all (and already previously debunked as not actual cause and effect) but just for fun, let's assume they are related:

 

What is 21% of "so rare that the nation did not even have a legal definition for a home invasion?"

post #97 of 195

Just took a break from mowing....Keep thinking guys!  You are getting closer to the nucleus.   If you fight long enough amongst yourselves you will chip down to fundamental issues.  

 

I know this is a boring statement, but, I would encourage all of you to read the Declaration of Independence and The Bill Of Rights.  No kidding here.  If you have not done so, you are missing some vital points of knowledge in regards to the purpose of founding this Country as was intended by the founding fathers.   Blah, blah, blah, I know.  But have you actually read these?  Unbiased?  Open minded?  Like the fair, unprejudiced people you profess to be?   Hmmm?   

 

Seriously.  My challenge of your manhood would simply be to you that you read these documents for the purpose of understanding why this Country fought for independence from the tyranny of the British and why the freedoms you enjoy so much are dependent on laws that include those referring to the right of citizens to keep and bear arms.   I will not go into any more detail on my request.  I simply wish that everyone cared enough to know the facts and circumstances that led to the laws that we now argue over needlessly.

post #98 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdl View Post
 

 

Ha.  That's true.  But come on.  This is the United States.  Nothing ever stops anyone from suing, ever!

 

yeah but if they are Dead, they can't sue ya.and if anyone comes into my home w/o permission, that's what they are gonna be..dead. 

post #99 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
 

What a stereotypical response. You are a cartoon character. You even used the word "tyranny"! Imagine getting angry at the thought of not being allowed to roam around with a gun.  You don't expect reason from these types, do you? 

Nothing more important or sacred than the love of one's gun. And you wonder why the rest of the world rolls their eyes. Incapable of logic, doesn't understand his own constitution, but demands his "freedoms", and doesn't even know what they are.

Living in a place where people don't walk around with guns stuffed down their pants and are horrified and bemused at the thought of it is freedom, mate.

That kind of crap really does sound funny when one imagines that the cat is saying it.  Logically, one would actually think that the cat was in fact saying it.  Cannot not imagine a human speaking in such a manner, especially if they understood the US crime rate and the insane instances of violence at every day places that one should not even worry about a threat of violence.

post #100 of 195

I have to have a carry permit but handguns are single shot target grade. I compete in sponsored matches. I would not use a handgun for home protection.  I have 2 twelve gauge shotguns and a 410 shotgun. each loaded with buckshot or slugs.  either load will do a job. that 410 with a slug load outhits a 44 mag. plus the carry range of a shotgun is not a mile like pistol/rifle loads.  

post #101 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always an 80 View Post
 

That kind of crap really does sound funny when one imagines that the cat is saying it.  Logically, one would actually think that the cat was in fact saying it.  Cannot not imagine a human speaking in such a manner, especially if they understood the US crime rate and the insane instances of violence at every day places that one should not even worry about a threat of violence.

Okay.  I am a cartoon character.  You have a cat on the site as your identity.    C'mon, man.  Don't you need to wash out your panties or something important?

 

You think I am Rambo, and I know that you are a wanker.  Tell the queen that you have taken over and the country is now run by sissies.

post #102 of 195

Not sure I understand why the necessity to conceal the weapon.  I would hope that most peoples' goal is to prevent violence in the first place, as opposed to simply being on the offensive end of it, and to that end, wouldn't letting people know that you have a gun deter more crime than hiding it from them and then potentially having to react to it?

post #103 of 195

Funny that no one has mentioned Mexico, where guns are illegal to own by anyone cept the policia, and the feds. Just have a looka at their sorry state of affairs.

post #104 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Not sure I understand why the necessity to conceal the weapon.  I would hope that most peoples' goal is to prevent violence in the first place, as opposed to simply being on the offensive end of it, and to that end, wouldn't letting people know that you have a gun deter more crime than hiding it from them and then potentially having to react to it?

 

 

Agreed, I think open carry would be preferred. although an open carry also gives the unbalanced person an opportunity to possibly go your weapon, where as a concealed carry, the weapon isn't in plain view.  

post #105 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Not sure I understand why the necessity to conceal the weapon.  I would hope that most peoples' goal is to prevent violence in the first place, as opposed to simply being on the offensive end of it, and to that end, wouldn't letting people know that you have a gun deter more crime than hiding it from them and then potentially having to react to it?

If someone is robbing the store you are in.....you are not concealed.  Who do they kill first?  You.

 

Never let anyone know you have a weapon.

post #106 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always an 80 View Post
 

If someone is robbing the store you are in.....you are not concealed.  Who do they kill first?  You.

 

Never let anyone know you have a weapon.

 

 

Good point. Never thought of it that way.

post #107 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always an 80 View Post
 

If someone is robbing the store you are in.....you are not concealed.  Who do they kill first?  You.

 

Never let anyone know you have a weapon.

So, typically, if people decide to rob a store and see a cop in there, in your experience they don't decide to rob a different store or simply wait until the cop leaves, they just go in there guns blazin?

 

That seems a bit far-fetched to me.  I'm going to guess that your average thief also would prefer not to die if given the choice.  They are obviously a little more reckless, given that they've chosen a life of crime and all, but I'd still bet that seeing you with your gun would deter them more than it'd encourage them.

post #108 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

 

 

Good point. Never thought of it that way.

It is not about "Ramboism" or being a badass, or warning people.  It is about your staying alive and going safely home to your family at the end of the day.  You have the right not to die at the hands of someone who is not a law abiding citizen who is possession of a firearm illegally.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Do You Have Concealed Carry Permit...