or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TST SoCal 2014 Summer Outing - Saturday, August 9th @ Encinitas Ranch

TST SoCal 2014 Summer Outing - Saturday, August 9th @ Encinitas Ranch - Page 9

post #145 of 156

I had a great time! Thanks @Golfingdad for driving and @Pakoh for the invite. It was nice meeting you all. Thanks @mvmac for the hospitality and welcoming me into the group! 

post #146 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

I know.  Seriously though ... the swing looks really good in those pictures!  He's definitely on the right track.

Thanks GD, I know he will appreciate hearing this.

post #147 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Set a record for GIR today - I hit 13!!!, and I also had 2 nGIR - but still managed to screw it all up.  Had 39 putts!!!!!!!!!!  And throw in 2 double bogeys caused by OB tee shots, and I somehow managed to shoot an 81.

 

My shot of the day was a 230 yd hybrid to about 12 feet on the third hole.  Just missed the eagle putt though.  That shot was outdone by (at least) two others though.  Colin had a 245 yard 3wood to about 3 feet on #11, which he tapped in for eagle.

 

And on 18, Barrett hit a mid or long iron of some kind - I'm going to guess a 6 iron from 190?? - to about 10" ... another eagle.

Some great shots today boys!!!

 

 

Early returns on next outing are that we should head back out to the Coachella Valley.  

 

Yeah, we were watching all the balls landing surprisingly close to the pins. We figured it was @mvmac at first. Then it turned out everyone behind us was doing pretty much the same.Nice work.  :beer: 

post #148 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jthrustt View Post
 

I had a great time! Thanks @Golfingdad for driving and @Pakoh for the invite. It was nice meeting you all. Thanks @mvmac for the hospitality and welcoming me into the group! 

Thanks for coming and carrying the team ... Mr. MVP!!!:beer:

post #149 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

 

Yeah, we were watching all the balls landing surprisingly close to the pins. We figured it was @mvmac at first. Then it turned out everyone behind us was doing pretty much the same.Nice work.  :beer:

Yep, did you guys miss any of the greens, seemed to have 4 balls there every hole.

post #150 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post
 

Here are the groups:

 

 

 

 

Sounds like it was a great time, I wish I could have made it.

 

So what were the final team scores, was it close?

Brad

post #151 of 156
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmartin461 View Post
 

 

 

Sounds like it was a great time, I wish I could have made it.

 

So what were the final team scores, was it close?

Brad


My team (me, @mvmac, @Shindig, @Bechambo) came in second with 108 points. @Golfingdad, @Pakoh, @Big C, and @Jthrustt came in 1st with 109 points. @hacker101, @Lihu, and their sons came in third with 97 points.

 

Hopefully you'll be able to join us at the next one.

post #152 of 156
Whoa, 97 seems high!

We'll be back. . .
post #153 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post


My team (me, @mvmac
, @Shindig
, @Bechambo
) came in second with 108 points. @Golfingdad
, @Pakoh
, @Big C
, and @Jthrustt
 came in 1st with 109 points. @hacker101
, @Lihu
, and their sons came in third with 97 points.

Hopefully you'll be able to join us at the next one.
And Mvmac had a 50 foot eagle putt that came up about 2" shirt dead on line which would have gave them the victory. ;)
post #154 of 156
I will try to make the next one ... Not much happens in the Phx area it appears ... Which surprises me.
post #155 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post


And Mvmac had a 50 foot eagle putt that came up about 2" shirt dead on line which would have gave them the victory. ;)

 

Knew I should have hit it harder ;-) 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by isukgolf View Post

I will try to make the next one ... Not much happens in the Phx area it appears ... Which surprises me.
 

Great, hope you can make it.

post #156 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

Whoa, 97 seems high!

We'll be back. . .

Yes we will.

Funny, we had two of the oldest and two the youngest guys on our team playing out of the qroup....we did good.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TST SoCal 2014 Summer Outing - Saturday, August 9th @ Encinitas Ranch