or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › Switching back to FootJoys
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Switching back to FootJoys

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 

Last year I was looking for a new golf shoe and the Puma Neo Classic ProType caught my eye. Unfortunately the soles split on both shoes after just four/five rounds. Luckily Puma offered to cover them and I received enough to buy the Puma AMP Sport model. I have had them for under a year, I play 40-50 times a year, and the sole has once again failed and water has been soaking the shoe from underneath. With two issues in a row I'll never buy Puma again I am jumping back on the FootJoy train. I will most likely be looking at the new DNA's.

 

With that said, I walk the majority of my rounds and I was wondering if anyone has any strong recommendations for someone who likes to walk a lot. Also, has anyone ever played with inserts in their golf shoes? I'm exploring that option to add some comfort with how much I walk.

 

Thanks!

post #2 of 22
I like FJ Contours. Comfortable, and reasonably priced.
post #3 of 22

I just got a pair of DNA's and those things are the most comfortable shoes I have ever walked in!!!!!!!!  you will love them.  I have played two pair of Ecco and they are comfortable but nothing compared to the DNA's

post #4 of 22

Before you go back to FootJoys, check out TRUE Linkswear.

post #5 of 22

Ditto on the truelinks. If it's comfort you're after, they fit the bill. I just bought a second pair tonight.

post #6 of 22
Double ditto on Trues. They're cheap too, both my pairs of Truelinks were under $100. They're golf slippers. Everything you want in a golf shoe, but in a slipper. f3_laugh.gif
post #7 of 22
I have two pairs of FJ M Project spikeless. Man I love 'em. Very soft and comfortable with great traction.
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzfan View Post
 

I just got a pair of DNA's and those things are the most comfortable shoes I have ever walked in!!!!!!!!  you will love them.  I have played two pair of Ecco and they are comfortable but nothing compared to the DNA's

 

Question re: your DNA's..I noticed they have fairly thick plastic type soles, and I'm wondering, if they are pliable enough that they will bend, unlike walking with a 2X4 strapped to the bottom of your foot. I'm also looking at the Dryjoy Pro BOA.

post #9 of 22
They absolutely do!!! You barely notice them on your feet. The real thick part is under your heel it gets thin toward your toe . I walk 150 rounds a year and this is my new shoe forever. You get the comfort of a spikeless shoe with the traction of a spike. And they look good while doing it (spikeless just look sloppy if you ask me)
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzfan View Post

They absolutely do!!! You barely notice them on your feet. The real thick part is under your heel it gets thin toward your toe . I walk 150 rounds a year and this is my new shoe forever. You get the comfort of a spikeless shoe with the traction of a spike. And they look good while doing it (spikeless just look sloppy if you ask me)

 

 

Thanks for the info..

post #11 of 22
Thread Starter 

Good to know that they are comfortable! Maybe it's me being stubborn but I am not a fan of a spike less shoe. I'll be heading down to Myrtle Beach next weekend and I am hoping to pick up a new pair soon! Thanks for the feedback!

post #12 of 22
My last pair of Ecco's were spikeless and very comfortable. Noticed slipping on wet condition. But I think the look is a little sloppy. Bit DNA's are the best of both worlds
post #13 of 22
I personally have never worn spikeless shoes. I have a friend that recently converted to a Footjoy spikeless and he likes them. I do notice that every now and then he does slip a little if it's wet or if he has an uneven lie.
post #14 of 22

I wear Truelinkswear and never had one issue with slipping. I've worn spiked golf shoes and slipped in those before. Sometimes I think slipping has more to do with an unbalanced golf swing than it does with what type of shoes. 

post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 

I would agree that some slipping can be caused by an unbalanced swing but I've always been a little more comfortable with spiked shoes. I have had my DNA's for a little over two weeks and I absolutely love them. I have the all white shoe and I might even add another color (red) or the all black option.

post #16 of 22

I'll add another vote for FJ Contours. I can get some bad plantar fascia pain in my left foot arch when on my feet for long periods of time, but never once in my Contours. I almost always walk, and never had one issue. Plus they last. I have 100+ rounds in one of my pairs (I rotate two) and they are still holding up fine.

 

I tried the Contour Casual and did not find them anywhere near as comfortable. 

post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
 

I'll add another vote for FJ Contours. I can get some bad plantar fascia pain in my left foot arch when on my feet for long periods of time, but never once in my Contours. I almost always walk, and never had one issue. Plus they last. I have 100+ rounds in one of my pairs (I rotate two) and they are still holding up fine.

 

I tried the Contour Casual and did not find them anywhere near as comfortable. 


My dad has worn his contours for over 18 months and he LOVES them. He has never had a bad thing to say about them.

post #18 of 22

I've always worn FootJoy DryJoys because I like that they are waterproof.  However I'm not always crazy about the style.  I'm looking to get a new pair of shoes and I'm wondering why it seems no other brands produce a waterproof shoe.  It seems to me that it would be a good selling point especially when trying to get Dryjoy wearers to switch brands.  Does anyone know of waterproof golf shoes made by anyone other than FootJoy?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › Switching back to FootJoys