Hey, I am a tennis player and went to a driving range for the first time 30 days back as it was raining. Using my dad's old golf set, I have now started to develop a keen liking for this game.
Till now, I have been to the Driving Range 15 times, done 2 rounds of Mini Golf Course, Completed 18 holes 2 times and getting to know new terms day by day. Done a birdie 3-4 holes at par , multiple bogeys , lost 3 balls.
I have some questions that might be silly, but I could not find the right people to answer them.
- I have an old MacGregor set - 13 clubs - small headed woods and drivers - How different would the new gen irons be ? These are steel shafts are quite sturdy in feel
- How much should the club length be - some said these was ladies set, a coach said these are fine, I have hit some pro shots using 9-7-4 irons. Hitting with a 3 or 4 iron gives a jerk on my arm and doesnt feel all that soft. I dont want to injure myself but need to ask if 3/4 irons are supposed to feel like that ? 9/PW/SW/7 sometimes I dont even feel I have hit and the ball just lands where I want it to.
- The Driver and Woods, I have zero accuracy with these, small heads, I say a small prayer - adjust the stance , and swing without knowing where will the ball go. Are the old ones that bad ? I tried a friends big headed Driver, and the ball went so happily on the fairway about 220 yards.
- I have abrasions/blisters on my hand at points where I grip the club - Grips on these are thin too, I went to a local pro shop and told him the trouble, he said to try a fatter grip on one of the clubs and go ahead after trying that out. Starters have this issue ?
- How do you guys breath while swinging ? I usually breath out before taking the swing - any particular way to do this ?
- I am on a budget and still developing a liking for this game. But I do want to improve and the next step is getting a used Driver - Any tips on that. I have recommendations for Taylormade and Titliest but there are so many models and specifications that I dont get to know the right worth.
Apologies if I am asking this out of place. I'm budding but I am very keen to take it to the next level.