or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 BMW PGA Championship (European Tour)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 BMW PGA Championship (European Tour) - Page 3

post #37 of 58

I love the smell of there's compelling live golf first thing in the morning.

post #38 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

I love the smell of there's compelling live golf first thing in the morning.

It's pretty invigorating isn't it?

I'm all giddy like a school girl. 

post #39 of 58
Thread Starter 

Also how weird and awesome is two par 5's for the last two holes? 

post #40 of 58
Rory has got this tournament
post #41 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

Rory has got this tournament

Luke Donald birdie the last two holes yesterday. How was his first shot on 17? didnt get to see

post #42 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post

Luke Donald birdie the last two holes yesterday. How was his first shot on 17? didnt get to see

Horrible

Win that Rory!
post #43 of 58
The interview after winning, Caroline's was holding me back! Haha
post #44 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

The interview after winning, Caroline's was holding me back! Haha

Pretty incredible the peace of mind that can come after getting out of a relationship that you know won't work. Good for Rory. Hope he carries this to the US Open....actually, no I don't, I want that Jet Speed Driver lol

post #45 of 58
Bjorn is out and idk that Donald can get to a par 5 in two
post #46 of 58

It does make you wonder the impact Wozniaki had on his game. The guy just hasn't been his best the last two years and all of a sudden he breaks up with his gf and he wins.

 

I think you'll see Rory a little more relaxed now....not as worn out. I've heard some rumors that Wozniaki was getting a little wild and crazy the last year (hence the red hair) and Rory was distracted. I know he's had some good finishes this year, but let's be honest....a lot of those good finishes came when he was out of contention. This was only the 2nd or 3rd time in a long time he really thrust himself onto the scene Sunday and he finally was able to close it out.

post #47 of 58
Thread Starter 

So happy for the dude. I'm more than ok with everyone talking about Rory for the next week etc. I'm curious who will be the first to ask the question we all want to know...

"Was your relationship effecting your game?" 

post #48 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
 

Also how weird and awesome is two par 5's for the last two holes? 

The redesign of the 18th certainly sparked more than its fair share of criticism, but golf is essentially a conservative occupation and it was always going to take time for people to get used to it.

 

Personally, I think I'm coming round to your thinking Crim. I've never been the hater of par 5's that so many people are when they're set up like this pair and offer genuine birdie chances on the classic risk and reward scenario. Wentworth is perhaps most associated with matchplay and I'm sure the management and Ernie had that in mind. Indeed, Luke faced exactly that connundrum today on 18, but found the water. I prefer to think of it as drama, with many more possibilities in play that the extra shot affords a player, and us as spectators. The original suggestion that it was a whack and two pitches is clearly wrong as the green can be reached with two strong and brave shots

 

If it's any consolation, Gleneagles has a sort of similar hole strategically positioned at 16, where players who trail perhaps by one shot will be asked to make the decision

 

I think I like it as a finishing format

post #49 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
 

So happy for the dude. I'm more than ok with everyone talking about Rory for the next week etc. I'm curious who will be the first to ask the question we all want to know...

"Was your relationship effecting your game?" 

 

He'll take the high road and say no, but I truly think it was. There were too many rumors out there he was worn out and spending more time traveling around with her than focusing on his game. This will defintely relax him and make him focus more.

post #50 of 58
That girl interviewing Rory is thinking, I want to meet later with him...
post #51 of 58
Just shows women are bad for your golf game...
post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

Just shows women are bad for your golf game...

 

Not necessarily. Certain ones are, though.

post #53 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

That girl interviewing Rory is thinking, I want to meet later with him...

That girl was Kirsty Gallagher, cousin of Stephen and daughter of ex Ryder Cup Captain Bernard Gallagher.

 

She actually looked the least smoking hot I've ever seen her, but still.....

post #54 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansteadimp View Post
 

That girl was Kirsty Gallagher, cousin of Stephen and daughter of ex Ryder Cup Captain Bernard Gallagher.

 

She actually looked the least smoking hot I've ever seen her, but still.....

I had to look her up....damnnnnnnnnnn

Get some digits, Rors.

Wait...i mean no....STAY SINGLE AND WIN SOME TOURNEYS

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 BMW PGA Championship (European Tour)