or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread - Page 19

post #325 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by suchjosh View Post

Can someone explain the rules on grounding the club in the native areas? I'm watching a replay and I notice no one is grounding the club.

 

I believe you are allowed to ground the club. I think majority of Pro's don't because 99% of the time you do not encounter wasteland area. So they are probably use to not grounding the club. 

post #326 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

I believe you are allowed to ground the club. I think majority of Pro's don't because 99% of the time you do not encounter wasteland area. So they are probably use to not grounding the club. 

That and you don't want to risk bumping something that causes the ball to move.
post #327 of 1034
Another factor in not grounding the club is how uneven the ground is. Having played out of a similar looking area before, the ground can be quite uneven and your club can catch on the backswing if you're not careful on a stub of grass or a rock.
post #328 of 1034

Love this leaderboard right now. Good to see some big names up there. And also good to see most of them at least hovering around even. Not surprised about Adam Scott, he never plays US Open well. Disappointed with Day and Rose. Please Bubba and Sergio sucked. I had a hunch Na was gonna play well. That one hole Keegan played was absurdly good. Think this is gonna get nasty tomorrow though. Course should get much harder unless we get some bad weather.

post #329 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by suchjosh View Post

Can someone explain the rules on grounding the club in the native areas? I'm watching a replay and I notice no one is grounding the club.

 

You can ground your club, but many didn't at Kiawah Island either. I think it'd feel odd to them. Unusual.

post #330 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb5079 View Post

Love this leaderboard right now. Good to see some big names up there. And also good to see most of them at least hovering around even. Not surprised about Adam Scott, he never plays US Open well. Disappointed with Day and Rose. Please Bubba and Sergio sucked. I had a hunch Na was gonna play well. That one hole Keegan played was absurdly good. Think this is gonna get nasty tomorrow though. Course should get much harder unless we get some bad weather.

They just said they are going to water the greens tomorrow the same they did today. So conditions should be similar or at least that is what they are going do.
post #331 of 1034
http://thesandtrap.com/b/thrash_talk/2014_united_states_open_staff_preview
Quote:
...I wouldn't put it past Martin Kaymer to play well in another big event.


I'm so good at these predictions.
post #332 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

http://thesandtrap.com/b/thrash_talk/2014_united_states_open_staff_preview
I'm so good at these predictions.

Lot of golf to be played.

And that'd make you, what, one for 350 or so? a1_smile.gif
post #333 of 1034
I thought it was probably a familiarity issue, but the responses about obstacles makes sense too. I can't wait for tomorrow. Pulling for Paul Casey to make a move tomorrow. Love his swing.
post #334 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Lot of golf to be played.

And that'd make you, what, one for 350 or so? a1_smile.gif

a2_wink.gif
post #335 of 1034

I love the way the holes are framed by the "sand rough"? is that what they are calling it? Anyways this is the way the course was originally designed?

post #336 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

Forgot to set my DVR to record today's round. :censored:

 

Hope I can catch the replay later tonight.


I pre set everything yesterday "live from" and the broadcast.

post #337 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I could live with a Kaymer victory. I'd rather not see Na or McDowell win though.

g2_eek.gif
post #338 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

g2_eek.gif

Yeah, I thought that dig at your boy toy would touch a nerve... b2_tongue.gif
post #339 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Yeah, I thought that dig at your boy toy would touch a nerve... b2_tongue.gif

 

McDowell's shirt yesterday was kind of gross. That's enough to root against him, no? :)

post #340 of 1034
Good rain overnight, they may go low tonight - -8 leads end of day?
post #341 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post

Good rain overnight, they may go low tonight - -8 leads end of day?

 

They can control that by pushing tees back a bit and tucking the pins a little.

post #342 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

http://thesandtrap.com/b/thrash_talk/2014_united_states_open_staff_preview
I'm so good at these predictions.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post


Lot of golf to be played.

And that'd make you, what, one for 350 or so? a1_smile.gif

Don't let @iacas harsh your mellow @jamo !  Clairvoyance is a gift that few understand.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread