or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread - Page 26

post #451 of 1034
I hope Chris Breman is not allowed close to microphone this weekend! I just don't like the guy in the golf setting ...
post #452 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by isukgolf View Post

I hope Chris Breman is not allowed close to microphone this weekend! I just don't like the guy in the golf setting ...
I don't like the guy, period.
post #453 of 1034
I'm fine with him. But for those that don't like him...this is his last ever golf telecast.
post #454 of 1034

sometimes other forums provide pure gold:

 

Quote:
 I'm looking forward to the "head-case" grouping of Phil, Sergio, and Na next year.
Quote:
 They need a slow group with Na, Crane and Bradley. Put them out last on Thursday and then just penalize the **** out of them on every hole.
post #455 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

Doh!

 

 

 

 

Give me five bucks and I'll edit it for you, Mike… ;-);-);-) 

post #456 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post

I'm fine with him. But for those that don't like him...this is his last ever golf telecast.
I would just say that the good announcers in football and golf are very different in their presentation of information and commentary. Football announcers tend to be a lot louder at least.
post #457 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post

I would just say that the good announcers in football and golf are very different in their presentation of information and commentary. Football announcers tend to be a lot louder at least.

"The fifth is a 490-yard HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE. NO NO NO NO NO!!!!"

EDIT: I honestly just realized that you guys were talking about football football. d2_doh.gif
post #458 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


"The fifth is a 490-yard HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE. NO NO NO NO NO!!!!"

EDIT: I honestly just realized that you guys were talking about football football. d2_doh.gif


:offtopic:As opposed to hand egg, right?

 

/offtopic

post #459 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

"The fifth is a 490-yard HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE. NO NO NO NO NO!!!!"

EDIT: I honestly just realized that you guys were talking about football football. d2_doh.gif
I like that mental image there, it would be hysterical. For football though you could have:
"The ball's at the fairway, the fringe, the green, it could go all the way, it's on the lip, HOLE-OUT, Spieth!"
or
"He's hit that ball harder than a safety sacking a quarterback"

I would laugh if I heard either of those over the weekend.
post #460 of 1034
I gotta say, I really like Marty's current swing a lot more than the one he had before.
post #461 of 1034

Why is everyone bitching about Kaymer? He's practically German Adam Scott. Well spoken, athletic and physically fit, professional, beautiful swing, and not super flashy. Sure he isnt TW but come one, the guy isnt that bad to root for. Maybe Kaymer is the next guy we all seem to be looking for. Who knows? Now Brendan Todd and Lucas Glover on the other hand....thats another story.

 

Pinehurst, despite my mehhhh like of the course, has really not played that easy. Its really just Kaymer. Its not playing overall as hard as it should for an open, but its really just Kaymer who's destroying this course.

 

Putting Kaymer to the side, its really nice seeing a lot of great names in the top 20. DJ, Keegan, Stenson, Kuchar, Rory, Scott, Spieth, Poulter, Fowler, Stricker, Day, Rose all top 20. Its good to see. At this point though really gonna be only Na, Snedeker and Todd who have a outside shot behind Kaymer IMO. I would love to see Snedeker win if not Kaymer. If Todd wins I will vomit and then cry.

post #462 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb5079 View Post
 

 

Pinehurst, despite my mehhhh like of the course, has really not played that easy. Its really just Kaymer. Its not playing overall as hard as it should for an open, but its really just Kaymer who's destroying this course.

 

Putting Kaymer to the side, its really nice seeing a lot of great names in the top 20. DJ, Keegan, Stenson, Kuchar, Rory, Scott, Spieth, Poulter, Fowler, Stricker, Day, Rose all top 20. Its good to see. At this point though really gonna be only Na, Snedeker and Todd who have a outside shot behind Kaymer IMO. I would love to see Snedeker win if not Kaymer. If Todd wins I will vomit and then cry.

 

No one's said it's playing easy...just not as tough as many of us wanted to see it play. It's actually playing about what Congressional did in 2011. And if you think otherwise, this was the leaderboard after the 2nd round at Congressional:

McIlroy -11   Yang  -5    Garcia  -2   Johnson  -2   Snedeker -2   Kuchar -2   6-way tie at -1

 

Almost identical scoring.

 

As for Kaymer, I like the guy. I think he's one of the best talents in the world. But just like anyone, I want to see some excitement over the weekend. It'd be great to see some of the big names challenge him or Kaymer come back just so it can gather some interest over the weekend. And I agree about Brendon Todd.....he is someone who will literally put you to sleep. Nice guy I'm sure and all, but he is snoozeville and will have people turning the channel if he's in contention.

post #463 of 1034

Yeah, I never thought we would see 10 under for 2 rounds. My pick to win is going down hill real fast...:loco:

post #464 of 1034
When i watch golf, i like to see the top of the leaderboard to be bunched, unless someone I really like is leading. There could be someone who i'm perfectly fine with like Kuchar, but i'll still be rooting for him to fall off a bit so there's some excitement
post #465 of 1034

Very sad to see Phil putt today, he couldn't even sink the short putts. While the rest of his game was great, he sinks a few more putts and he's still in it.

 

Ya I'm rooting for Kaymer to come back to the field, so its not so boring to watch. But the guy can't do anything wrong right now.

post #466 of 1034

Phil couldn't buy a putt and that caused him to really press on his approach shots.  Maybe some new playing partners will help him settle down on the greens but it's not looking like this will be the year for him to win it.

post #467 of 1034

I'm not down on Kaymer, if anything I'd more like to see a couple people from the -3 pack have a great Saturday and pull even just to create a more interesting Sunday. It's not as fun when what you're watching seems like a run for second place, unless you're a big fan of the guy up front (I'm pretty neutral on the guy).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

Phil couldn't buy a putt and that caused him to really press on his approach shots.  Maybe some new playing partners will help him settle down on the greens but it's not looking like this will be the year for him to win it.

 

In his short game book he described his college days of putting as banging the ball past the hole, then trying to make the 3 foot comeback putt. That seemed to be what was happening today, except those comeback putts weren't falling. It was hard to watch, and I hope he has better luck over the weekend.

post #468 of 1034

Having the low round of the day 2 days in a row on the US open means only one thing................................this guy is red hot. Under these circumstances it's not going to be very easy for the rest of the field, unless Kaymer flat out loses his mind in the next 2 days it's almost his tournament now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread