Course should start showing its teeth the next two days as long as it doesn't rain tonight. Drier air coming in and this should hopefully allow Pinehurst to get hard. Just not right seeing balls stick on this course.
Originally Posted by chasm
Predictions for round three:
- Kaymer will play at a slightly less stellar level than in the first two days, but stay in front at about -12
- Kevin Na's play will slow to the point of immobility and he will be carried from the course in an apparently catatonic state
- Mickelson will hit several greens in regulation, putt off the green into the bunkers then hole out from the sand.
- Poulter will take the prize for worst-dressed player
- Commentators will describe Jordan Speith as "the future of golf" at least once every 30 minutes.
I don't think Kaymer stays in double digits. In fact, I'll go on a limb and say very few people shoot under par today. While the course played identical to Congressional the first two rounds, it's going to play like Pinehurst should the last two. Dry conditions coming in, the breeze is picking up and they're maxing out the yardage today.....I think the USGA has said enough's enough and you'll finally start seeing this thing show its teeth today.