or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread - Page 34

post #595 of 1034
Brendon Todd appears to be shitting all over himself
post #596 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Pace of play is abysmal.

What's the time right now?
post #597 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbishop15 View Post

What's the time right now?

3:30 for 13 holes. On pace for 290 minute round. In twosomes.

In one fairway they both looked at each other and said "I thought you were away. "
post #598 of 1034
If Kaymer can get to the clubhouse at 8-under, I can't see how he loses tomorrow. 7-under or below? We have a tournament on our hands.
post #599 of 1034
Is
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

3:30 for 13 holes. On pace for 290 minute round. In twosomes.

In one fairway they both looked at each other and said "I thought you were away. "
What is it that slows them down? A few slowpokes or is everyone just creeping along?
post #600 of 1034
I like Kaymer, but I hope he drops a few strokes coming down the stretch. It would be interesting to see him play Sunday with Fowler, Compton, Stenson, and DJ right behind him.
post #601 of 1034
I think Kaymer will drop at least one during the closing stretch.
post #602 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I like Kaymer, but I hope he drops a few strokes coming down the stretch. It would be interesting to see him play Sunday with Fowler, Compton, Stenson, and DJ right behind him.

I don't think Compton has the fitness to play at his best for 72 holes. That's not going to stop NBC from giving him a 10-minute Jimmy Roberts feature before the final round, or the press from gushing his story in Sunday's sports pages.
post #603 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper View Post

I don't think Compton has the fitness to play at his best for 72 holes. That's not going to stop NBC from giving him a 10-minute Jimmy Roberts feature before the final round, or the press from gushing his story in Sunday's sports pages.
I think he'll surprise some people, but he's not going to win
post #604 of 1034
Feel a bit sorry for Na. Just hasn't been able to keep his concentration to the end.
post #605 of 1034
So Kaymer and Fowler in the final group?
post #606 of 1034
Great finish from Kaymer. Not over yet, but giving him a five-shot start doesn't look too simple.
post #607 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

So Kaymer and Fowler in the final group?

Yep.
post #608 of 1034
Hard to see him giving up the lead, I probably won't watch tomorrow
post #609 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

Hard to see him giving up the lead, I probably won't watch tomorrow
So you don't think an early double from Kaymer and an early birdie from Fowler would narrow the gap somewhat?
It wouldn't surprise me if it becomes very very tense at the end.
With those runoffs a four shot lead with 6 to go is no cakewalk.
post #610 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

Hard to see him giving up the lead, I probably won't watch tomorrow

I remember saying the same words the last time the Open was at Pinehurst and everyone thought there was no chance Retief Goosen would blow his lead. Anything is possible.
post #611 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post

I remember saying the same words the last time the Open was at Pinehurst and everyone thought there was no chance Retief Goosen would blow his lead. Anything is possible.
I guess you're right, but I really wanna watch some WC games so i'll probably just check the leaderboard and if things get interesting i'll check it out. I hope Rickie or Compton can win
post #612 of 1034

Watched a little bit of this today because it was broadcasting on the web for free for some reason and I caught a hole where this Kevin Na skulled a chip across the green and then muffed the comebacker.  Total weekend hacker style, I loved it.  :-$

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread