or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread - Page 36

post #631 of 1034

I don't know if they ever showed a graphic for this, but has there ever been a golfer to win on Mother's Day and Father's Day in the same year?

post #632 of 1034
Birdie for Furyk. Time for the start of an incredible comeback win.
post #633 of 1034
For all the talk of super low scoring, there are only six players under par going into Sunday. It's really just Kaymer who played great for those two days, and everyone else playing ... well, U.S. Open golf.
post #634 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

For all the talk of super low scoring, there are only six players under par going into Sunday. It's really just Kaymer who played great for those two days, and everyone else playing ... well, U.S. Open golf.

 

That's because yesterday played incredibly difficult. The first two days were relatively easy. I posted in this thread and comparison to the 2011 US Open at Congressional and the scoring was identical. My guess is after today the number of players who finish under par will be only 4 or 5 (if that) because the course is continuing to dry out.

post #635 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post

That's because yesterday played incredibly difficult. The first two days were relatively easy. I posted in this thread and comparison to the 2011 US Open at Congressional and the scoring was identical. My guess is after today the number of players who finish under par will be only 4 or 5 (if that) because the course is continuing to dry out.

That's true. Good point.
post #636 of 1034
Matsuyama has absolutely melted down since a good thursday and friday
post #637 of 1034

HIO and I missed it :-(

post #638 of 1034

Both on the 9th with a 7-iron and Kenny Perry as the playing partner. :)

post #639 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Both on the 9th with a 7-iron and Kenny Perry as the playing partner. :)

Coincidence? I think not! 

post #640 of 1034
I love this Apple commercial. Anyone use the golf gadget from the other commercial?
post #641 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

I love this Apple commercial. Anyone use the golf gadget from the other commercial?

 

The Zepp one? I have one. I'm not sure how accurate it is. I should find mine…

 

BTW, the boring part of the U.S. Open coverage is almost over. Good gosh they barely show golf from 12-2.

post #642 of 1034

Z. Johnson Hole in one.. What a shot!

post #643 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

The Zepp one? I have one. I'm not sure how accurate it is. I should find mine…

BTW, the boring part of the U.S. Open coverage is almost over. Good gosh they barely show golf from 12-2.

No kidding... Seriously why do they do that?? It's like they don't even think of what a golf fan would want to watch...
post #644 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post


BTW, the boring part of the U.S. Open coverage is almost over. Good gosh they barely show golf from 12-2.

No kidding... Seriously why do they do that?? It's like they don't even think of what a golf fan would want to watch...

I've wondered that. What is the advantage to delay the live coverage? It's not as if broadcasting it would increase their costs.
post #645 of 1034

The advantages of watching from an HPTC, easy to do this:

 

post #646 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

HIO and I missed it a4_sad.gif

Here's a video: http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/watch-zach-johnsons-hole-in-one (didn't look on YouTube, so I don't have an embedding available)
post #647 of 1034

 

 

post #648 of 1034
Until your YouTube account is limited for copyright violations.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread