or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread - Page 41

post #721 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

What a boring piece of shit this Open is.
I've seen a few people comment on this being boring, but what exactly is making this boring? The fact that the winner is pretty much known? Would you have said the same about some of those Tiger blowouts?
post #722 of 1034
Compton's in the clubhouse at -1. So now we know for a fact someone will finish under par, just in case Kaymer pulls a super duper Van de Velve and drops a 15 on #72.
post #723 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post

What a boring piece of shit this Open is.
Yup
post #724 of 1034
Kaymer is classy guy ... Congrats to him!
post #725 of 1034
Small army congratulating Kaymer on the green.
post #726 of 1034
That was awesome
post #727 of 1034
Went today. If I paid $50 to play there I would complain. If I paid $300 which is apparently green fees I would quit at the turn and ask for my money back. Beer was good though.
post #728 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindig View Post

Small army congratulating Kaymer on the green.
Sandra Gal leading the way. Then the entourage of Euro players. Congrats to the most deserving player of the week. Now one of a small number of active players with multiple majors.
post #729 of 1034
Congrats to Kaymer! Cue up the swing analysis. Note how long he keeps his rear foot flat/flush to the ground.
post #730 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

Congrats to Kaymer! Cue up the swing analysis. Note how long he keeps his rear foot flat/flush to the ground.

I do too, but for me it feels like a song flaw when I see myself do that in the vid...
post #731 of 1034

Johnny Miller's done announcing?

post #732 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindig View Post

Small army congratulating Kaymer on the green.

I think that violates several post-WWII treaties.
post #733 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatwoodtigerdo View Post

Went today. If I paid $50 to play there I would complain. If I paid $300 which is apparently green fees I would quit at the turn and ask for my money back. Beer was good though.

Don't visit St. Andrews. Geez.

I left and played golf. First time I've done that DURING the final round of a major in a decade perhaps?
post #734 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb5079 View Post
 

Johnny Miller's done announcing?

NBC lost the contract to cover the US Open to Fox. I dont think he's retiring overall. 

post #735 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbishop15 View Post
 

NBC lost the contract to cover the US Open to Fox. I dont think he's retiring overall. 

 

I feel bad for NBC. They really put in a lot of work in and do an amazing job. I personally think Hicks/Miller are the best golf duo of anyone and Maltbie and Rolfing along with Feherty from CBS are the best on-course announcers. I just am skeptical about Fox matching the quality of work that they do. I don't think Miller is retiring, but obviously without the US Open, all NBC really has left is the Florida swing, the Players and the Ryder Cup. The US Open was their big event.

 

As for this Open, yeah, it was a bit boring. It had no drama. I watched because I love golf but the casual fan likely did not watch. But the win was good for the game. Golf is a sport that depends on dominance from its stars, and with Tiger out, the game is lacking dominance. Kaymer is an elite enough of a player where he can dominate. It'll be interesting to see what this does for his career. He is putting together a pretty-darn impressive resume.

 

My worry on Kaymer is when he said he is going to work on his swing more to win the Masters. He already tweaked it and it cost him two years of competing just because he was trying to fix it for the Masters. He should just stick with what he has and keep improving on it and if it's not suited for Augusta, so be it. There are other tourneys and majors out there.

post #736 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
 

 

I feel bad for NBC. They really put in a lot of work in and do an amazing job. I personally think Hicks/Miller are the best golf duo of anyone and Maltbie and Rolfing along with Feherty from CBS are the best on-course announcers. I just am skeptical about Fox matching the quality of work that they do. I don't think Miller is retiring, but obviously without the US Open, all NBC really has left is the Florida swing, the Players and the Ryder Cup. The US Open was their big event.

 

As for this Open, yeah, it was a bit boring. It had no drama. I watched because I love golf but the casual fan likely did not watch. But the win was good for the game. Golf is a sport that depends on dominance from its stars, and with Tiger out, the game is lacking dominance. Kaymer is an elite enough of a player where he can dominate. It'll be interesting to see what this does for his career. He is putting together a pretty-darn impressive resume.

 

My worry on Kaymer is when he said he is going to work on his swing more to win the Masters. He already tweaked it and it cost him two years of competing just because he was trying to fix it for the Masters. He should just stick with what he has and keep improving on it and if it's not suited for Augusta, so be it. There are other tourneys and majors out there.


Agreed. Funny thing is he still has a top 40 at Augusta and a top 10 at the British. Guy is well rounded and I think he's gonna stick around this time.

post #737 of 1034
Wonder which countries have a Grand Slam now that Kaymer mentioned it. I would think the UK has a GS. Maybe Australia?
post #738 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post


I left and played golf. First time I've done that DURING the final round of a major in a decade perhaps?

Same for me, I tried watching it for about an hour after I got back from Fathers Day BBQ at the club.  It was so boring I was falling asleep watching it, so I decided to go wash my car.

 

The NBC analysts were trying to artificially create some drama but every time Kaymer messed up so did the guys chasing him.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread