or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread - Page 42

post #739 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

Wonder which countries have a Grand Slam now that Kaymer mentioned it. I would think the UK has a GS. Maybe Australia?


US, UK, South Africa, Australia are the only ones I can think of. Don't think Spain has a US Open. Germany missing Masters.

post #740 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb5079 View Post


US, UK, South Africa, Australia are the only ones I can think of. Don't think Spain has a US Open. Germany missing Masters.

Doesn't Langer have a Masters?
post #741 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb5079 View Post


US, UK, South Africa, Australia are the only ones I can think of. Don't think Spain has a US Open. Germany missing Masters.

 

Germany is missing the British Open. Langer has two Masters.

post #742 of 1034
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbishop15 View Post


Doesn't Langer have a Masters?

 

Two of them

post #743 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbishop15 View Post


Doesn't Langer have a Masters?


I meant the British

post #744 of 1034
Usa, Australia, South Africa, England, and Scotland are the only ones I think. Spain is missing a Us Open, Germany missing British Open, and I think Northern Ireland doesn't have a masters. Does Argentina get there with Cabrera and De Vicenzo? Or no PGA?
post #745 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

Usa, Australia, South Africa, England, and Scotland are the only ones I think. Spain is missing a Us Open, Germany missing British Open, and I think Northern Ireland doesn't have a masters. Does Argentina get there with Cabrera and De Vicenzo? Or no PGA?

De Vicenzo never won a U.S. PGA Championship. He won the Argentine one many time, and the Mexico one a few times, but never the U.S. one.
post #746 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindig View Post

De Vicenzo never won a U.S. PGA Championship. He won the Argentine one many time, and the Mexico one a few times, but never the U.S. one.
Oh ok because I knew he won the open at Liverpool, but wasn't sure about the PGA. Maybe Angel can get it done :) Unfortunately his best is T19 :(
post #747 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

Oh ok because I knew he won the open at Liverpool, but wasn't sure about the PGA. Maybe Angel can get it done :) Unfortunately his best is T19 :(
What has Andres Romero done recently?
post #748 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper View Post

What has Andres Romero done recently?
He's fallen off the map,ranked 266 or something crazy like that. Only has one top 15 all year. Really disappointing I really like him, he's exciting to watch
post #749 of 1034

Okay, so now that that's over, we can use this thread to discuss…

 

The 2014 U.S. Women's Open at Pinehurst!

 

I'm looking for a Wie victory. The fairways are pretty wide, the native areas aren't too bad, and her length will be a plus, as well as the control she's found with her irons of late.

 

I'm calling it at -2. I wanted to say -6.

post #750 of 1034
I agree with the Wie pick. Even when she's playing conservatively, she's one of the longest hitters out there.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Ko take it either, or Thompson or Inbee or Stacy Lewis. The Kraft Nabisco was really awesome; I have high hopes for this one.
post #751 of 1034
Inbee Park (as bad as it irks me to pick a short hitter). a2_wink.gif

I hope Thompson wins though.
post #752 of 1034
Natalie Gulbis is my pick ;)
post #753 of 1034

I'd like to see Michelle and Lexi paired in the last round. I'm split between those 2, although Michelle being a mostly west-coast gal, I'd pull a wee bit harder for her.

post #754 of 1034

I'm going with Stacey Lewis.

post #755 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post


I've seen a few people comment on this being boring, but what exactly is making this boring? The fact that the winner is pretty much known? Would you have said the same about some of those Tiger blowouts?

Well, since you asked;-) 

 

They were no  Tigerlike fist pumps, loogy spits, club slams, or F-bombs dropped that I remember. Kaymer was just methodical in taking that course apart.

Tiger also has a way of dominating his opponents and intimidating a field like no other, something NBC would've brought up countless times if Tiger was doing what Kaymer did.:roll: 

Then there is the Tiger highlight loop which they would've played every half hour or so....

 

It was definitely a different kind of golf telecast. I enjoyed it.

post #756 of 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH31 View Post

Well, since you asked;-)  

They were no  Tigerlike fist pumps, loogy spits, club slams, or F-bombs dropped that I remember. Kaymer was just methodical in taking that course apart.
Tiger also has a way of dominating his opponents and intimidating a field like no other, something NBC would've brought up countless times if Tiger was doing what Kaymer did.e3_rolleyes.gif  
Then there is the Tiger highlight loop which they would've played every half hour or so....

It was definitely a different kind of golf telecast. I enjoyed it.

Highly boring. FF'd through most of it, stopped, saw Kaymer up by 8, deleted. Would've watched a Tiger, Phil, Rory, Speith blowout but Marty K? All congrats to him but unwatchable. Bet ratings very, very low.

Interested in the ladies this week though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread