or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Open Prediction Contest: Win a TaylorMade JetSpeed Driver!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 U.S. Open Prediction Contest: Win a TaylorMade JetSpeed Driver! - Page 11

post #181 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaguru View Post

Congrats to both winners. I knew Kaymer had a chance but not at -9. I picked him at -4. I think that's the benefit of picking later

 

That is the advantage. The disadvantage is, of course, that someone might nab your pick at an earlier time.

post #182 of 213

Valleygolfer is so badass, he doesn't need to abide by this rule "Your answer must also include a 2nd and 3rd choice"

:dance:

post #183 of 213
Mmmmmm....sour grapes, my favourite.
post #184 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Mmmmmm....sour grapes, my favourite.

hahahaha, nah, that was an amazing pick. Absolutely unreal. Screw formalities in this case. Though....how do we know that wasn't his 2nd choice....

:-P

 

joking of course. Congrats Valley!

post #185 of 213
Agreed. Amazing pick. d4_w00t.gif
post #186 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post
 

Martin Kaymer -9

congratulations - and like the US Open, your pick was a one pony race!

post #187 of 213

Wow! I just checked on this for the first time since last week.  @Valleygolfer you could have made some serious money in Vegas with a pick like that! Player and score?! I wonder what the actual odds/payouts of that bet would have been?

post #188 of 213

Congrats @Valleygolfer, what an Open win for Kaymer !!!

Great Open at Pinehurst to watch this year.....

 

Club Rat

post #189 of 213
Thread Starter 

Yep great pics by @Valleygolfer and @Elvisliveson (won the 3 wood).
 

@Elvisliveson, quick reminder that you have 48 hours to claim your prize :-)

post #190 of 213

For a moment there, I was so disappointed in not winning it all, I forgot there was a prize for second! Great contest, thanks guys.

post #191 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPK1988 View Post
 

Wow! I just checked on this for the first time since last week.  @Valleygolfer you could have made some serious money in Vegas with a pick like that! Player and score?! I wonder what the actual odds/payouts of that bet would have been?


Don't think that didn't cross my mind already!!! I hardly gamble so I don't feel bad. That would have been the last thing I would have done that day but I would like to know what the odds and payout would have been for a $40 bet on Kaymer.....out of curiousity.

 

 

Found it. He was 40 to 1 odds. I could have won 1600 quid...

post #192 of 213

The only odds I found had Kaymer at 40/1.  But that is just a straight up pick-em.  Calling the winning score must decrease the odds exponentially.  

post #193 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPK1988 View Post
 

The only odds I found had Kaymer at 40/1.  But that is just a straight up pick-em.  Calling the winning score must decrease the odds exponentially.  


Wouldn't it increase the odds?

post #194 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post
 


Don't think that didn't cross my mind already!!! I hardly gamble so I don't feel bad. That would have been the last thing I would have done that day but I would like to know what the odds and payout would have been for a $40 bet on Kaymer.....out of curiousity.

 

 

Found it. He was 40 to 1 odds. I could have won 1600 quid...

Is quid slang for dollars as well? Never heard an American use it in normal conversation, only when trying to fit-in in London.

post #195 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansteadimp View Post

Is quid slang for dollars as well? Never heard an American use it in normal conversation, only when trying to fit-in in London.
Maybe he's British and using slang for a pound lol
post #196 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post
 


Wouldn't it increase the odds?

Haha yeah that's what I was getting at, not a big gambler so I didn't know how to put that...Increase the odds against you picking correctly/decrease the odds of you picking correctly.  Either way I'm getting at you making more money haha.  I would have to imagine at least ten fold?! Hitting the score on the nose? 10-15k on a 40 dollar bet? Who knows. You can buy a lot of new drivers with that money haha.

post #197 of 213

yea easy to mull about it with the benefit of hindsight.

 

I would have guessed for bubba to win but he sucked in this tournament.

 

good that rickie fowler placed highly, though.

post #198 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
 

Valleygolfer is so badass, he doesn't need to abide by this rule "Your answer must also include a 2nd and 3rd choice"

:dance:

That was a great pick on his part, but given the emphasis placed on abiding by the rules (for all the prior contests as well), I would think he'd be DQ'd for not having 3 picks.....just saying.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 U.S. Open Prediction Contest: Win a TaylorMade JetSpeed Driver!