or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › What distracts you the most while playing golf?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What distracts you the most while playing golf?

post #1 of 98
Thread Starter 

We all have our own pet peeves when it comes to playing golf, mine being when my playing partners constantly adjust the Velcro on their gloves while I am lining up my shot. This thread is for the purpose to tell us all about the things that just bug you or distract you while playing golf. 

post #2 of 98

Rude golfers. 

 

Example, Monday I was playing golf with my dad and a friend. A par 3 was backed up a bit, 1 group behind. So as we are waiting the group behind us pulls up really close. OK, a bit rude, nothing major. Well as I am getting to hit, they start talking LOUD!! 

 

Lets just say my dad politely told them to shut up (I am lying a bit, it wasn't politely :-P)  The one guy in their group suddenly says something like, "Hey man chill, I was just going to tell them to tone it down". Yea, right, when right after I hit? I mean come on, be aware of your surroundings. Good thing is, the who said that hit his ball into the water on that par 3 when it was his turn. Golf Justice!!! 

post #3 of 98
Thread Starter 

@saevel25

 

The golf lords are looking out for us after all! 

post #4 of 98

Close standers. Like close talkers.

post #5 of 98
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

Close standers. Like close talkers.

 

My dad happens to be one of those and I never want to call him out on it but yeah that bugs me too.

post #6 of 98

Nothing really distracts me more than the mental image of a bad shot. You could be screaming at me, shining a laser on my ball (it's happened), and none of that would distract me as much as what my own mind can come up with. 

 

post #7 of 98
Any talking during my set-up sometimes takes me out of my rhythm, even whispering. Not always but on occasion. I usually don't say anything, just step away and re set up. That gets the point across most of time. I don't get mad cuz I'm guilty of it myself from time to time.
post #8 of 98

The voices in my head.

post #9 of 98

Golfers are whiners. Oh you are whispering during my shot boohoo. How the heck is that bothering you? As long as it isn't sudden noise it shouldn't affect your swing. People just use it as an excuse for a bad shot. Like the guy above, any talking during his set up messes him up, lol. What about the plane overhead, or the mower, or the birds chirping, or the car going by on a hole next to the road? Do all these things bother you guys too. 

 

That being said I hate when people whisper during my shot or my routine. Messes up my swing bad.

post #10 of 98
Thread Starter 

Birds. The chirping takes me out of it instantly. I know I should learn to just ignore them but it gets me every time. I usually have to step back and reevaluate my shot after I hear them. 

post #11 of 98
Thread Starter 

@whatwoodtigerdo

 

We are whiners, it is just in our nature. We always want the best shot and so we get picky and annoyed when we don't get one.  

post #12 of 98

Since they moved the trash days in my county - the damn trash trucks are running around the neighborhood during our first 9 on Saturday mornings.

post #13 of 98

People who think it's cool to have music playing in their cart. I mean, this is a golf course not a cook out, we don't need to have music blaring out here.

post #14 of 98

The music fans in the next cart. Saw it occasionally in other foursomes last year, and now this season two of last three "pickups" I've played with have been playing the radio or DVDs on their cart.

post #15 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatwoodtigerdo View Post
 

Golfers are whiners. Oh you are whispering during my shot boohoo. How the heck is that bothering you? As long as it isn't sudden noise it shouldn't affect your swing. People just use it as an excuse for a bad shot. Like the guy above, any talking during his set up messes him up, lol. What about the plane overhead, or the mower, or the birds chirping, or the car going by on a hole next to the road? Do all these things bother you guys too. 

 

That being said I hate when people whisper during my shot or my routine. Messes up my swing bad.

hahahaha

post #16 of 98

Also, strangely, if a bug lands on my ball in mid swing it messes me all up. No idea why.

post #17 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

People who think it's cool to have music playing in their cart. I mean, this is a golf course not a cook out, we don't need to have music blaring out here.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUTiger View Post
 

The music fans in the next cart. Saw it occasionally in other foursomes last year, and now this season two of last three "pickups" I've played with have been playing the radio or DVDs on their cart.

 

My buddy and I listen to music in the cart.  It's not often that we join another group, but if we do, we ask if it bothers them.  I can't remember anyone ever saying that it did, but we'd turn it off if that was the case.

 

 

Personally, I think most golfers would be better off if they toughened up a little and learned to tune out noises and other outside distractions.   It's not brain surgery.  The one thing that bothers me is if our group is out of position and feel that we're holding up players behind us.  I hate that, and will do everything I can to get my group back into position.  

post #18 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post

People who think it's cool to have music playing in their cart. I mean, this is a golf course not a cook out, we don't need to have music blaring out here.

I play music almost every round with my buds. I think the ship has sailed on this one. Went into the PGA Store the other day and right when you walk in, there's a huge display of Bluetooth speakers specifically designed for golf carts. It's becoming pretty popular.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › What distracts you the most while playing golf?