or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Video Logs (VLogs) of You Playing Golf! Post Your Own!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Video Logs (VLogs) of You Playing Golf! Post Your Own!!! - Page 4

post #55 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Well if you want to see me play good for once, watch the video haha
Yeah, I did ... It was great to watch! You played great, and the hooked hybrid (which you could actually see on the video) was awesome!! Well done.

I will get out there soon enough and do one of these too!
post #56 of 233

I think it's be fun to do one of these.  I'd definitely do like the first one and simply mount to a pull cart, you could position the camera anywhere that way.

post #57 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Alright, it's still uploading to YouTube for a few more minutes.

The course is Hopedale Country Club, in Hopedale, MA. It's not nearly a fancy as the title makes it sound, and measures only 3086 yards. So it's not a tough course.

I made bogey at 2 and 5, everything else was a par.

(I make fun of myself in the titles a few times. I'm mostly goofing around.)

It's not like I beat myself up over it, but if I could change a few things, that would be up there.
Don't think I didn't consider adding an accent. a2_wink.gif (Well, not really.)

Nice Job!  My only disappointment was your complete lack of Mass accent and you never worked, "Wicked Pissah" into the narrative.  Too much time in Delaware I think.

post #58 of 233
Can someone give a quick explanation of the process involved in editing, adding text and voice, and stringing together the dozens of individual video clips needed to do this?

If it's too involved, I'll get my 14 year-old to teach me, but I bet others might appreciate the insight too.
post #59 of 233

Easiest way to learn is watch some youtube videos about editing.

post #60 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Can someone give a quick explanation of the process involved in editing, adding text and voice, and stringing together the dozens of individual video clips needed to do this?

If it's too involved, I'll get my 14 year-old to teach me, but I bet others might appreciate the insight too.

If you have a Mac, iMovie is the easiest way. I did all the voiceovers as I was filming, so those are treated just like any other video.

The text is under "Titles," and those are pretty easy to drag and drop, as are transitions. Even adding video is just a matter of selecting the portions of the video you want and dragging it over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

Nice Job!  My only disappointment was your complete lack of Mass accent and you never worked, "Wicked Pissah" into the narrative.  Too much time in Delaware I think.


Yeah, I have no accent at all.
post #61 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Can someone give a quick explanation of the process involved in editing, adding text and voice, and stringing together the dozens of individual video clips needed to do this?

If it's too involved, I'll get my 14 year-old to teach me, but I bet others might appreciate the insight too.


Are you using Windows or Mac?

 

Jamo already described iMovie.

 

Windows has a program called "MovieMaker" which you need to download free from the Microsoft website. Once you do this is pretty much works in a similar fashion as iMovie. Everything is click and drop. You can slice out parts using the edit tab at the top.

 

When you are done do the File "Save Movie" option rather than the share options to maintain the fidelity of the original movie.

 

Then simply log into your Youtube account and go to Upload in the upper right corner, or Manage Videos.

 

You need to upload then "Publish". Make sure it is not set to private if you wish to share the videos.

 

That's it in a nutshell.

post #62 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Can someone give a quick explanation of the process involved in editing, adding text and voice, and stringing together the dozens of individual video clips needed to do this?

If it's too involved, I'll get my 14 year-old to teach me, but I bet others might appreciate the insight too.


I use Windows Live Movie Maker to create video for my My Swing thread. I pull videos from my iPhone and add them to a project. I trim off everything before and after the swing then copy/paste the same segment and set to slowmo (I wouldn't do this for VLog though). Then I add then next video for down the line and do the same thing. I'm thinking of doing the same for this, recording a bunch of segments then piecing them together and adding annotations. Afterwards, I save the video for high def display and upload to YouTube and link.

 

I'm sure Macs have better tools for this, but I don't have one.

post #63 of 233
Thanks guys. Windows. I'll work on it.
post #64 of 233

If you have an iPhone, try YouTube Capture:

 

https://www.youtube.com/capture

 

It allows you to stitch videos together, layover audio and upload to YouTube all in one app from your smartphone.

 

Unfortunately, no Android version yet, I'm sure there are Android video editors, but YTC is really easy to use and has the YT imprimateur.

post #65 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Good stuff, Jamo!  I really enjoyed it.  And sorry about the loose headcover!

Missed this the first time. I knew it was going to be loose, I'm going to have to figure out a way to get it to stay. Maybe just something as simple as a few rubber bands on the sock to make it a bit more snug.
post #66 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


Missed this the first time. I knew it was going to be loose, I'm going to have to figure out a way to get it to stay. Maybe just something as simple as a few rubber bands on the sock to make it a bit more snug.

 

I gave up on my hybrid head cover. It's now sitting in my trunk. :-\

post #67 of 233

Here is mine... Planned on doing the full 18 but forgot to charge the camera which only made it through 8 holes. I ended up shooting a 42 on the front (took a triple on the 9th) and then shot 37 on the back for a 79.

 

At the end of the video, I put that I made a 4 on the first hole, that was actually a 3.

 

post #68 of 233

Nice round bud. Course looks like fun.

post #69 of 233
Great video
post #70 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post
 

Here is mine... Planned on doing the full 18 but forgot to charge the camera which only made it through 8 holes. I ended up shooting a 42 on the front (took a triple on the 9th) and then shot 37 on the back for a 79.

 

At the end of the video, I put that I made a 4 on the first hole, that was actually a 3.

 

 

Thanks for that.. I have to admit it was enjoyable to watch!  Is the back nine harder than the front, or around the same?

post #71 of 233

Nice round. Love the desert course.

post #72 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post
 

 

Thanks for that.. I have to admit it was enjoyable to watch!  Is the back nine harder than the front, or around the same?

Back nine on that course is actually easier once you get past 10 and 11.

 

Front: 3425 yards, 36.2/132

Back: 2976 yards, 34.4/127

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Video Logs (VLogs) of You Playing Golf! Post Your Own!!!