or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Food Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Food Thread - Page 6

post #91 of 190
Pickin' season has begun.


I'll be making some home made hot sauce again this year. I have six cayenne plants and six chilli plants and it's been a hot summer so they're pushing like crazy!
post #92 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Pickin' season has begun.


I'll be making some home made hot sauce again this year. I have six cayenne plants and six chilli plants and it's been a hot summer so they're pushing like crazy!

Nice!

post #93 of 190

My wife drank my last Mexican Coke.

 

I was saving it to eat with a Gob.

 

:pound:

post #94 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

My wife drank my last Mexican Coke.

 

I was saving it to eat with a Gob.

 

:pound:

I love those.

 

What's a Gob?

post #95 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post
 

I love those.

 

What's a Gob?

 

http://shop.oakmontbakery.com/index.php?cPath=336_295_449

 

Chocolate cake with a cream (kinda firm though) filling.

 

And when I googled "oakmont bakery gob" the FOURTH RESULT was…

 

https://twitter.com/iacas/status/109027219543826432

 

post #96 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

http://shop.oakmontbakery.com/index.php?cPath=336_295_449

 

Chocolate cake with a cream (kinda firm though) filling.

 

And when I googled "oakmont bakery gob" the FOURTH RESULT was…

 

https://twitter.com/iacas/status/109027219543826432

 

They look good. I've never been much for sweets, but I could go for something like that.

 

Although, I have been looking for a good place for macarons around here. Still no luck. I baked them myself for a while, but I got lazy.

post #97 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

http://shop.oakmontbakery.com/index.php?cPath=336_295_449

 

Chocolate cake with a cream (kinda firm though) filling.

 

And when I googled "oakmont bakery gob" the FOURTH RESULT was…

 

https://twitter.com/iacas/status/109027219543826432

 

 

 I just gained 5 lbs. by reading this post. ;-)

post #98 of 190


3x 12oz strip steaks and some grilled/seasoned fries for dinner. Also a Great Lakes Brewing Company Lake Erie Monster 4 pack for an appetizer!
post #99 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post
 

They look good. I've never been much for sweets, but I could go for something like that.

 

I hate too much chocolate, or too much sweet. These are a pretty solid blend. Just enough sweetness, just enough cream.

 

Their macaroons are to die for, too. We'd never tried them until the last time… and this time we bought 14.

 

My wife and kid get the Oakmonter.

http://shop.oakmontbakery.com/product_info.php?cPath=336_290_309_352&products_id=2280

 

Quote:
We start with our creamy Italian style cheesecake, then add a thick layer of fudge icing.  Next, a layer of moist, dark chocolate cake completes the inside of this amazing dessert.  The entire cake is then enrobed in a generous layer of our creamy milk chocolate frosting.  The decadence continues with drizzled ganache, chocolate bar pieces, cherries and vanilla cream artfully completing this original masterpiece!

 

It's a bit too much for me.

 

And their prices are pretty darn good too.

 

Seriously, I'm not sure which I like more in Oakmont: the bakery or the golf course.

post #100 of 190
Thread Starter 

Really looking forward to the chicken wings when I'm in Erie/Buffalo in a couple weeks :drool:

post #101 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

Really looking forward to the chicken wings when I'm in Erie/Buffalo in a couple weeks :drool:

 

Sorry. We sold out, freaky skinny dude.

post #102 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

My wife and kid get the Oakmonter.
http://shop.oakmontbakery.com/product_info.php?cPath=336_290_309_352&products_id=2280


It's a bit too much for me.
Yea that looks ridiculous. I'd have to eat it one bite a day.
post #103 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post

Yea that looks ridiculous. I'd have to eat it one bite a day.

 

They have single-serving sizes. I just linked to the big ones.

 

Took them two days to eat one of the little $4.50 ones. The cheesecake does cut the richness a little bit.

post #104 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

My wife drank my last Mexican Coke.

I was saving it to eat with a Gob.

c1_cursing.gif
My brothers and sisters love Mexican coke. Of course they are beaners so i guess you could say it's genetic. It does taste better though.
post #105 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Sorry. We sold out, freaky skinny dude.

 

Ok well I guess it's Outback and Chipotle then ;-)

post #106 of 190

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/chefs-cook-steak-over-molten-lava-200033056.html

 

How about steaks cooked over LAVA!!! over 1000 degrees of seared goodness!

post #107 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/chefs-cook-steak-over-molten-lava-200033056.html

 

How about steaks cooked over LAVA!!! over 1000 degrees of seared goodness!

That's pretty cool, but for practicality, I'd stick with a Salamander. http://www.bluestarcooking.com/products/salamander-broiler

post #108 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/chefs-cook-steak-over-molten-lava-200033056.html

How about steaks cooked over LAVA!!! over 1000 degrees of seared goodness!

Why does that article keeping saying "sealing the meat?" The whole thing about high heat sealing in the juices has been debunked.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Food Thread