or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Kate Upton upset, but misinformed, about country club policy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kate Upton upset, but misinformed, about country club policy - Page 11

post #181 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
Kate UPTON was mistaken about something then corrected.  But because she's a model or blonde, she's an "airhead?"  Silly.

 

A young ventriloquist is touring the clubs and one night he's doing a show in a small town in Arkansas.

With his dummy on his knee, he starts going through his usual dumb blonde jokes when a blonde in the 4th row stands on her chair and starts shouting: "I've heard enough of your stupid blonde jokes. What makes you think you can stereotype women that way? What does the color of a person's hair have to do with her worth as a human being? It's guys like you who keep women like me from being respected at work and in the community and from reaching our full potential as a person. Because you and your kind continue to perpetuate discrimination against not only blondes, but women in general, and all in the name of humor!"

The embarrassed ventriloquist begins to apologize, and the blonde yells, "You stay out of this, mister! I'm talking to that little **** on your knee."

post #182 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

 

Gee, I've only played golf for 40 years.  I've never had any trouble being a guy whether in a male foursome with other female groups on  the course, or amazingly, even when playing in a mixed foursome.  If you have to be crude, rude and vulgar to "be a guy" then I'm not sure that I even want to play with you.  

 



yea, yea we get it. You're one of superior people. Congratulations on your superiority.....snob.
post #183 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

Gee, I've only played golf for 40 years.  I've never had any trouble being a guy whether in a male foursome with other female groups on  the course, or amazingly, even when playing in a mixed foursome.  If you have to be crude, rude and vulgar to "be a guy" then I'm not sure that I even want to play with you.  

I'm quite sure, both ways.
post #184 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb72 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

 

Gee, I've only played golf for 40 years.  I've never had any trouble being a guy whether in a male foursome with other female groups on  the course, or amazingly, even when playing in a mixed foursome.  If you have to be crude, rude and vulgar to "be a guy" then I'm not sure that I even want to play with you.  

 



yea, yea we get it. You're one of superior people. Congratulations on your superiority.....snob.
If that's the message you got from his post you're clearly mistaken. Don't make personal attacks.
post #185 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturday View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb72 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post
 

 

Gee, I've only played golf for 40 years.  I've never had any trouble being a guy whether in a male foursome with other female groups on  the course, or amazingly, even when playing in a mixed foursome.  If you have to be crude, rude and vulgar to "be a guy" then I'm not sure that I even want to play with you.  

 



yea, yea we get it. You're one of superior people. Congratulations on your superiority.....snob.
If that's the message you got from his post you're clearly mistaken. Don't make personal attacks.

 

Let it go.  He isn't worth wasting words on.

post #186 of 209
Talk about personal attacks. Fourputt felt compelled to point out that the kind of person that would fart, spit and curse on a golf course is too crude for him to play golf with. In MY OPINION that makes him a snob. IN YOUR OPINION, having an opinion different than yours makes me "not worth wasting words on. Interesting.
post #187 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb72 View Post

Talk about personal attacks. Fourputt felt compelled to point out that the kind of person that would fart, spit and curse on a golf course is too crude for him to play golf with. In MY OPINION that makes him a snob. IN YOUR OPINION, having an opinion different than yours makes me "not worth wasting words on. Interesting.

 

You have 19 posts. I believe they are all in this thread, and one of them included calling a long-time member a "snob" and "one of superior people."

 

This is a golf forum. If you're interested in golf, please consider posting in other threads, as we have tens of thousands of great ones.

post #188 of 209
So, because he's a long time member his posts are above critisism. In other words that makes him too good for me to disagree with. Well why don't you cancel my membership because I would rather not be part of a "forum" that only welcomes your views on a subject if they agree with their "long time members" . Thank you.
post #189 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb72 View Post

So, because he's a long time member his posts are above critisism. In other words that makes him too good for me to disagree with. Well why don't you cancel my membership because I would rather not be part of a "forum" that only welcomes your views on a subject if they agree with their "long time members" . Thank you.

That's not at all what is being said. We have disagreements between members all the time, we just try to keep it more "civil" as it were by avoiding calling people names or questioning their character. Even long time members get banned from threads or put in the penalty box for violating these things. I think he's really trying to encourage you to see we have other much less controversial discussions that you could participate in so we can get to know you more than for your view on this specific subject.

post #190 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb72 View Post

So, because he's a long time member his posts are above critisism. In other words that makes him too good for me to disagree with.

 

Nope. Not saying that at all.

 

One of the rules here is that you can call an idea names, or call a statement stupid or dumb or whatever, but you cannot call other people names, which you did. Long-time members have a tiny bit more leeway to have "a bad day," since we know them so much better, but you:

  • Have only ever posted in this thread.
  • Have been a bit of a jerk about it.

 

It's that simple.

post #191 of 209
Okay, so far I have been called "not very bright" , " not worth wasting words on" and " "a bit of a jerk". I'm sure I don't have to tell you that I've been called worse for my tendancy to be argumentative and opinionated, but then why not call me argumentative and opinionated. I'm perfectly willing to own that. And similarly Fourputt should be willing to own "snob". If you say that someone who would fart , spit , curse and use a tree to relieve himself is not a good enough person to merit the privalge of playing golf in the same group as him... well......to paraphrase a movie we are all familiar with...snob is as snob says. I gave three speculative reasons for the policy in question and he chose to hone in on that one (I even called it not a very good one). His position didn't really add to the discussion except to point out this apparent social gap between himself and this hypothetical "honcho". I'm not sure why there is a problem with the fact that I've only posted on this thread. I've been a member for a very short time and as of yet nothing has sparked my interest as much as the replies to my comments on this subject.
post #192 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Nope. Not saying that at all.

One of the rules here is that you can call an idea names, or call a statement stupid or dumb or whatever, but you cannot call other people names, which you did. Long-time members have a tiny bit more leeway to have "a bad day," since we know them so much better, but you:
  • Have only ever posted in this thread.
  • Have been a bit of a jerk about it.

It's that simple.

I did find his posts among the most cogent on this thread, perhaps because I agreed with his viewpoint, but he framed them better than I framed mine.

Stick around rb, lots more battles to fight, and a lot of golf knowledge here too.
post #193 of 209
That's what i'm talkin about. You're the man, Gunther. While I agree that name calling is not the way to go about it, I like a good fight. But if the guys on this forum aren't up to it, I will gladly bow out.
post #194 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb72 View Post

Okay, so far I have been called "not very bright" , " not worth wasting words on" and " "a bit of a jerk".

 

The last one's fine, because it follows you calling someone names.

 

@chasm was penalized two points for the "not very bright" thing. I didn't see the other one, but would have taken action had I seen it.

post #195 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post



@chasm
 was penalized two points for the "not very bright" thing. I didn't see the other one, but would have taken action had I seen it.

I apologise for that one. Put it down to exasperation at him refusing to address the points being made. No excuse, though.
post #196 of 209
I actually didn't mind the "bit of a jerk" comment because it can be synonymous with opinionated and like i said, I'll own that.
post #197 of 209
Quote:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb72 View Post

Okay, so far I have been called "not very bright" , " not worth wasting words on" and " "a bit of a jerk". I'm sure I don't have to tell you that I've been called worse for my tendancy to be argumentative and opinionated, but then why not call me argumentative and opinionated. I'm perfectly willing to own that. And similarly Fourputt should be willing to own "snob". If you say that someone who would fart , spit , curse and use a tree to relieve himself is not a good enough person to merit the privalge of playing golf in the same group as him... well......to paraphrase a movie we are all familiar with...snob is as snob says. I gave three speculative reasons for the policy in question and he chose to hone in on that one (I even called it not a very good one). His position didn't really add to the discussion except to point out this apparent social gap between himself and this hypothetical "honcho". I'm not sure why there is a problem with the fact that I've only posted on this thread. I've been a member for a very short time and as of yet nothing has sparked my interest as much as the replies to my comments on this subject.

 

So you don't give me the leeway to associate with people of my own choice?  If you think I 'm a snob, then you've never really met one.  I'm about as blue collar and easy going as anyone, but you started the argument by making statements which I strongly disagreed with.  All I did was post my opinions in opposition to your bent on the topic and you got personal.  When I didn't stoop to respond to you, it apparently pissed you off even more.  

 

I will state my views.  I respect women.  I also respect men.  I respect both equally.  I feel that both should be treated equally in all areas of life aside from the obvious differences required by gender and plumbing differences.  I carry the same attitude in mixed company as I do when I'm in all male company.  I do and say nothing when in the company of my buddies that I wouldn't do or say in mixed company.  Being on the golf course or at a baseball game or in a bar doesn't change that.  You intimated that you act differently in mixed company than you do when in an all male environment.  I made the logical conclusion that meant that you do and say things when you are with with guys that women would find offensive.  For that reason I would choose not to associate with you, because I too find that sort of behavior offensive.  If that makes me a snob in your circles, then so be it.  I'm not that worried about what you think of me.

post #198 of 209

Fourputt, I've been in this forum since 2012 and have read many of your excellent posts. If it's any consolation, I think if a straw poll were taken, the verdict would be clear: everyone still loves you...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Kate Upton upset, but misinformed, about country club policy