or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Smile (Amazon.com) Extension for Safari
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Smile (Amazon.com) Extension for Safari

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

I've written a very small extension for Safari.

 

It redirects any Amazon URL to the "smile.amazon.com" page so that a portion of your purchase price is donated to the charity of your choice. My charity is the First Tee of Pittsburgh.

 

https://twitter.com/iacas/status/475427124707610625

 

You can download it from there. I can show anyone the code if they have any doubts as to the nature of the extension. If you trust me enough to go by this picture, though, you can see that the only pages that this extension can act on are here:

 

 

Again, download it from my tweet:

 

https://twitter.com/iacas/status/475427124707610625

post #2 of 8

So that is compatible with Safari only then? That is a great idea!!! 

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

So that is compatible with Safari only then? That is a great idea!!! 

 

Yes. There are others for Chrome, etc.

post #4 of 8

Looks good! I switch between safari and chrome so shall download your extension and also look into one for chrome as you mentions they are out there already. Seems like a good idea to start using, a few pence to charity every time I use amazon will soon add up if everyone starts using it.

post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFader View Post
 

Looks good! I switch between safari and chrome so shall download your extension and also look into one for chrome as you mentions they are out there already. Seems like a good idea to start using, a few pence to charity every time I use amazon will soon add up if everyone starts using it.

 

The Chrome one I use is this one: http://www.smilealways.io .

post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

The Chrome one I use is this one: http://www.smilealways.io .

Ah thanks @iacas , saves me having to find it later :-D

post #7 of 8

Could you post the code you used? I am learning how to make extensions and am curious.

post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag Quijano View Post
 

Could you post the code you used? I am learning how to make extensions and am curious.

 

To be honest, I will if I can remember to get it the next time I'm on that computer.

 

It wasn't too difficult. I took an example on Apple's site and modified it based on the parameters. It could probably be better, too - it waits for the entire page to load, for example, which is kind of lame sometimes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Smile (Amazon.com) Extension for Safari