or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Looking for Feedback:TST Newsletters
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for Feedback:TST Newsletters

Poll Results: How often would you like to receive a TST newsletter?

Poll expires: Dec 31, 2014  
  • 42% (8)
    Monthly
  • 21% (4)
    Bi-weekly
  • 36% (7)
    Weekly
19 Total Votes  
post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 

@iacas and I will be ramping up our newsletter frequency in the near future. Wanted to reach out to the community and see how often you'd like to receive a TST newsletter: monthly, bi-weekly (twice a month), weekly? Please vote in the poll and post your thoughts or suggestions in the thread. Thanks for the help.

 

The newsletters will feature 6-7 pieces of content: reviews, articles, interesting threads. Erik and I are leaning towards doing it weekly.

post #2 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

The newsletters will feature 6-7 pieces of content: reviews, articles, interesting threads. Erik and I are leaning towards doing it weekly.

 

And by this @mvmac means very short excerpts, with links to the reviews and threads on the site.

 

So it's easily deleted if you are active on the site (though we hope you stay subscribed, because even one email a week isn't a ton), or a great reminder of some threads or reviews or whatnot you may have missed.

post #3 of 22

In all honesty, I am not sure.  I know I get it, but I read the site 2 - 4 times a day or more.  I usually delete notifications from my e-mail unless someone is quoting something I have said.

post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

In all honesty, I am not sure.  I know I get it, but I read the site 2 - 4 times a day or more.  I usually delete notifications from my e-mail unless someone is quoting something I have said.
Same here. You'd be hard pressed to come up with content I haven't already seen here. I think the newsletters are a good idea but I'm pretty much permanently immersed in TST.
post #5 of 22

I voted weekly, just to make you guys do more work.

post #6 of 22
I'm with some of the others. Spend enough time here, I don't know that I would need the newsletter.
post #7 of 22

Bear in mind that the newsletter isn't just for people who are here a lot. It's to remind others that we have a lot of great content and that their feedback is welcome.

post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

@iacas and I will be ramping up our newsletter frequency in the near future. Wanted to reach out to the community and see how often you'd like to receive a TST newsletter: monthly, bi-weekly (twice a month), weekly? Please vote in the poll and post your thoughts or suggestions in the thread. Thanks for the help.

 

The newsletters will feature 6-7 pieces of content: reviews, articles, interesting threads. Erik and I are leaning towards doing it weekly.

I would appreciate the weekly notice. It's enjoyable content and it's not like it is a daily or hourly spam email like any other type of newsletter that we receive. I also think it will help others keep up on the current and popular topics being discussed on the site - as well as reviews which they may not even be aware of, or know they exist.

post #9 of 22

It's a good idea, though I'd disable it, I'm here frequently enough already.  Though I should go to home page once in a while.

post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehmwa View Post
 

It's a good idea, though I'd disable it, I'm here frequently enough already.  Though I should go to home page once in a while.

 

Please don't disable them (if you like the site). It hurts overall "subscriber" totals which hurts our ability to make at least a dime an hour that we spend running the site. :)

post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

Please don't disable them (if you like the site). It hurts overall "subscriber" totals which hurts our ability to make at least a dime an hour that we spend running the site. :)

Glad you mentioned this. Mine were disabled at some point, but I enabled them again. I don't remember disabling them... so I blame beers. :beer:

post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

In all honesty, I am not sure.  I know I get it, but I read the site 2 - 4 times a day or more.  I usually delete notifications from my e-mail unless someone is quoting something I have said.

I do the same ...sorry for creating you an email boogielicious a3_biggrin.gif
post #13 of 22

I voted once a month...just to make Easy on you guys..........:-$

post #14 of 22
I went with once a week, but even biweekly would be fine, IMO. It doesn't matter so much for me because I'm on all the time now, but there have been stretches of time in the past where I haven't been as active. I definitely remember it being very hard to catch up on things after a long hiatus. Things can develop pretty quickly here and I think a monthly newsletter just wouldn't work.
post #15 of 22

Weekly for me. There's so much going on that it's easy to miss something. I get a lot of golf related emails, but things going on that aren't covered on GC or ESPN would be cool to see.

post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 

Bump

post #17 of 22
@mvmac, what are you guys looking for? If there is something that helps the site, I am willing.
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

@mvmac, what are you guys looking for? If there is something that helps the site, I am willing.

 

Did you see the OP? :-)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Looking for Feedback:TST Newsletters