or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › JPX 825 Pro's vs JPX EZ forged?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JPX 825 Pro's vs JPX EZ forged?

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
I was just curious what everyone thought about these clubs? How are they different which one you liked better and why? They are both on my list of clubs to hit to replace my G15's. Thanks for the replys.
post #2 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

I was just curious what everyone thought about these clubs? How are they different which one you liked better and why? They are both on my list of clubs to hit to replace my G15's. Thanks for the replys.

 

I don't have input on these, but why do you want to get rid of the G15's?

post #3 of 24
Thread Starter 
I want something with less offset and smaller top and bottom lines. I also want to get a fitted set. I bought mine right off the rack.
post #4 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

I want something with less offset and smaller top and bottom lines. I also want to get a fitted set. I bought mine right off the rack.

 

I see.  Well if you get new ones, and are looking to let the Pings go, let me know.  I might be interested.

post #5 of 24

I did not try the JPX 825 but did the JPX EZ Sunday when I was at RD trying new irons out. That club is what is states very easy to hit, what I found it was not the longest club out on the market (it was a bit short for my swing) but it did have a very nice balance and feel IMO.

If you are going to get fit for a new set why not sit and hit every club they have and narrow it down?

I believe it should not matter the brand, you should go by how you like the clubs/shafts and what the numbers show. The club you may not even think about maybe the club you like the most.

 

I was in PS this past weekend and was playing my sons irons a new set of Cobra Bio Cells, these were not even on my list but after playing them and noticed how much further and more consistent I hit them over my Pings went in to RD to put them through the test along with a dozen others, in the end I ordered a new set.

Take it for what it is worth, I am only an 18 HCP player.

post #6 of 24
Thread Starter 
I probably will hit a bunch of clubs but price kinda determines what I can get. Distance isn't really a factor to me since lofts aren't all the same. I would like my new set lofted close to my current set anyhow
post #7 of 24

There are a lot of really great clubs out on the market and it sounds like you have enough to spend on most of them if you are looking at the JPX line. Good luck on what ever you decide and have fun!

post #8 of 24
Thread Starter 
Thanks im not looking to get a $500 set. I will definitely hit a bunch but I feel like there's a type of iron I should be hitting based on my ability.
post #9 of 24

I tried both the 825 Pros and the EZ Forged and wasn't too taken by either, but the bigbox store only had clubs with one shaft available to try, and not one I'd be interested in, so...  I'm sure both are fine clubs if you get properly fitted but I have to say that I'd much rather see the 825 Pros peeking out of my bag at me than the EZs, looks count for something to me, and apparently for you as well Jakester23 since you're concerned about the look of the club's topline.  Mizuno is supposed to have a great shaft fitting tool, but I'd never buy a set of clubs without actually hitting them with the prescribed shaft on a range, so the fitter is a big consideration for me.

post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Thanks im not looking to get a $500 set. I will definitely hit a bunch but I feel like there's a type of iron I should be hitting based on my ability.

JPX are running $899 so if you are going that high check the Apex, very nice.

My son and I have no cap on what to spend at the end of the day it is what you like.

post #11 of 24
Thread Starter 
Ill give the apex a look. I was looking at the x2 hot pro's but im crazy about how the cavity looks.
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Ill give the apex a look. I was looking at the x2 hot pro's but im crazy about how the cavity looks.

I don't have the swing for the Apex my son does now, but he was just getting more out of the Cobra irons, not a lot but some so at $400 more it did not seem worth it? But he really liked them and still may go back and use the 90 day return for them, his swing gets better every day.

 

The X2 Hot are nice and really grow on you, my father in law tried a 7 iron reg this weekend in PS and really liked those. So as I said I don't think you can go wrong with what ever you decide you like at $500 or $1000.

I wish I could swing more a players iron, I like the look so much more.

post #13 of 24
Thread Starter 
Yeah I wish I could hit mp 54's but I don't think I have the game for those at this point. So I'd rather have something that looks a little more classic with help built-in. Such as 825 Pro's or X2 Hot pro's.
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Yeah I wish I could hit mp 54's but I don't think I have the game for those at this point. So I'd rather have something that looks a little more classic with help built-in. Such as 825 Pro's or X2 Hot pro's.

I feel you there, I was on a slow road to playing in the mid 80's consistently then my swing went to shit and I am back to low to mid 90's. It was like a light was turned off so I am back at GI irons that will just give me a bit more push. I know 10 plus yards my not be a lot for some per iron but it is for me, it is the difference in getting me up around the greens with an iron I can control. I also don't believe in buying a club I can work my way into. I play clubs that will get me to a point and change the set out, for a small amount.

I have a goal to get to a point I can play an Apex or I25 iron but that is not today.

post #15 of 24

I hit both and just pulled the trigger on the 825 pro's.  The EZ had a GI feel to them while the pro's had a bit more controlling feel.  With your handicap, you should consider the 825's more though.  I went for the 825's over my cobra amps because they are a set that I can grow with and because I don't switch out clubs every year (more like every 5 years), they fit what I wanted very well.  I also didn't care for the way the 800's or the EZ line looked at address but the 825 had a beautiful look.

 

In the end, you should hit them both and also check out the AP2's and Ping I25 as they will be in the same discussion with the 825's

 

I understand the point hacker101 is making about growing into irons, but I felt I was right between the two clubs.  I think you are a step ahead of us and you may not want to pick up the EZ as they could hold you back

post #16 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
 

I hit both and just pulled the trigger on the 825 pro's.  The EZ had a GI feel to them while the pro's had a bit more controlling feel.  With your handicap, you should consider the 825's more though.  I went for the 825's over my cobra amps because they are a set that I can grow with and because I don't switch out clubs every year (more like every 5 years), they fit what I wanted very well.  I also didn't care for the way the 800's or the EZ line looked at address but the 825 had a beautiful look.

 

In the end, you should hit them both and also check out the AP2's and Ping I25 as they will be in the same discussion with the 825's

 

I understand the point hacker101 is making about growing into irons, but I felt I was right between the two clubs.  I think you are a step ahead of us and you may not want to pick up the EZ as they could hold you back

Thanks for the reply. I feel like the AP2's might be a out of my ability level (I will hit them though). I was dead set on the i25's but I keep reading about the i20's having problems with the finish coming off. I saw on this site someone said it happened to their i25's as well and I don't want to deal with that when Im spending that kind of $$$.   I prefer the look of the 825's for sure but I could hit the EZ if they preform better.  

post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post
 

Thanks for the reply. I feel like the AP2's might be a out of my ability level (I will hit them though). I was dead set on the i25's but I keep reading about the i20's having problems with the finish coming off. I saw on this site someone said it happened to their i25's as well and I don't want to deal with that when Im spending that kind of $$$.   I prefer the look of the 825's for sure but I could hit the EZ if they preform better.  


They might be but feel the best.  Its all personal preference.

 

I dont know much about pings as I cannot hit them for the life of me and actually, the EZ line felt kinda like a ping, especially the forged.

 

The 825 had the best feel in my opinion, and the best part about them was when you strike them right, it was amazing (not quite as good as a perfect MP 53 strike but what is...) but when you were off, I didn't feel as though I was as punished as something higher end.  It was the best of both worlds and the EZ felt too much like a GI club for my taste

post #18 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
 


They might be but feel the best.  Its all personal preference.

 

I dont know much about pings as I cannot hit them for the life of me and actually, the EZ line felt kinda like a ping, especially the forged.

 

The 825 had the best feel in my opinion, and the best part about them was when you strike them right, it was amazing (not quite as good as a perfect MP 53 strike but what is...) but when you were off, I didn't feel as though I was as punished as something higher end.  It was the best of both worlds and the EZ felt too much like a GI club for my taste

Cool thanks again. Its definitely one of the irons Im leaning towards. I like how the short irons a built a little more for scoring and the long irons are more for forgiveness.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › JPX 825 Pro's vs JPX EZ forged?