or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Different brands
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Different brands

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
I have a taylormade 2011 rescue club 3 hybrid and I'm looking to get another hybrid. My question is is it ok to buy a hybrid that is a different brand?
post #2 of 10
It's your bag do what you want to.
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Yeah but would you have different brand hybrids?
post #4 of 10
I do Cleveland and Cobra. I have three sets of clubs and sometimes I mix them up. Depends what I'm hitting good.
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfNoob13 View Post

Yeah but would you have different brand hybrids?

 

 

If it fits a gap, play what you want. Obviously having the same brand will have the hybrids feeling the same. I play a different brand driver, from my fairway wood, from my hybrid, from my irons, from my wedges. It doesn't bother me much at all. 

post #6 of 10
I suggest hitting the Callaway X2 Hot hybrids. I didn't like any hybrids I hit until I got a hold of these. But to answer your question I would if I hit them good. I do like the thought of having 2 of the same only because they would have matching shafts but I don't honestly know how much that matters. I also like that they would look the same at address but again that's more me being weird.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

I suggest hitting the Callaway X2 Hot hybrids. I didn't like any hybrids I hit until I got a hold of these. But to answer your question I would if I hit them good. I do like the thought of having 2 of the same only because they would have matching shafts but I don't honestly know how much that matters. I also like that they would look the same at address but again that's more me being weird.

 

I prefer the Pro versions of those hybrids. A bit smaller, but just feels like a great club. Though my favorite still has to be the Titleist Hybrids. Those I could game all the time. The SLDR hybrids are a bit too bulky for me. 

post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

I prefer the Pro versions of those hybrids. A bit smaller, but just feels like a great club. Though my favorite still has to be the Titleist Hybrids. Those I could game all the time. The SLDR hybrids are a bit too bulky for me. 
I didn't feel comfortable with the titleist I really liked the way it looked but I think it's above my skill level. I have a pro version of the x hot 3 wood that I cant hit at all if you want it a2_wink.gif. When I got mine I hit about every hybrid golfsmith had and it was between the x2 hot and the Nike Corvet.
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
This is kinda random too but I have an rbz stage 2 17 degree 3 wood. I can't see to hit it at all. Mostly I hit it fat or thin
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

 

... Obviously having the same brand will have the hybrids feeling the same. ... 

If the different model hybrids will deliver you different shot benefit, then go for it.

 

But, if you get a matching second hybrid, the set-up and feel will be the same. This takes needless variation out of your game.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Different brands