Predict the Winner of the 2014 Open Championship with The Sand Trap!
PLEASE READ, changes made to the rules:
To enter, post your answer right here in this thread along with the text "I want to win a Callaway Big Bertha Driver".
Your answer must also include a 2nd and 3rd choice. You are NOT predicting who will finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd, you are picking 3 players to win and what score(s) they will shoot. The first choice carries tremendous weight (see the rules below for more).
You will have a chance to win a Callaway Big Bertha Driver or X2 Hot 3 wood
- All qualifying entries must be received by July 17th, 2014 at Midnight eastern time zone (New York City).
- Winners have 48 hours to claim their prize.
- You must be a registered member of The Sand Trap in good standing.
- You must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and aged eighteen (18) or older as of the date of entry.
- Your answer must include "I want to win a Callaway Big Bertha Driver", the player's FULL NAME (first and last) and score in relation to par (+2, -4, E, etc.) you are predicting to win the 2014 British Open, as well as your 2nd and 3rd choices.
- The Winner will be selected as the first person in the contest to correctly pick both the winner and the score. The runner up will be the second person to correctly pick the winner and score or be the first person to pick closest to the winner/score.
- One entry per person and per household. Any additional entries or modifications invalidate all entries.
- If we suspect fraud of any kind - suspicious multiple entries, for example - we reserve the right to award the prize to the next entry.
Details regarding the red, underlined rule:
- It's very simple guys. The winner is the first person (who satisfies the other rules) to choose the correct winner and score with their first choice. If nobody picks the correct score, the winner is the first person to have the closest score for the correct winner. If nobody chose the correct winner with their first choice, we repeat the process for everyone's second choice, and then the third.
- In other words, if someone chooses Joe Smith for their first choice - at any score - and you choose him for your second choice, you've wasted your choice. Additionally, if someone chooses Joe Smith at -2 for their first choice, it makes no sense to choose Joe Smith at -2 for any of your choices if you're posting after that entry (unless the person is DQed or ineligible, of course).
- Think of your picks like draft picks. Your second and third choices should be someone you don't think will be chosen in the first "round."
First place wins a Callaway Big Bertha Driver
Second place wins a Callaway X2 Hot 3 wood
Winners have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Again, please read the details about how to go about entering the contest and picking players. If your three picks look like this, you're wasting your 2nd and 3rd picks.
- Adam Scott
- Phil Mickelson
- Jordan Spieth