or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Shaft will only go half way down my hosel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shaft will only go half way down my hosel

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Hello fellow golfers,


I just fitted my 0.355 hosel driver head with my 0.355 shaft but it would only go half way down.. Is this a problem or will it last?

About 1 inch went down the driverhead but after that, there is a aluminium ridge that my shaft wouldnt go down into.. I sandpapered my shaft but still it wouldnt go down that extra inch.. Anyone done this before and it went okay?

Let's just say the driverhead is about 2 inch deep so I filled 1 inch.. On the driverhead I had before, it bottomed at 1 inch..


Best regards,

post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedda View Post
 

Hello fellow golfers,


I just fitted my 0.355 hosel driver head with my 0.355 shaft but it would only go half way down.. Is this a problem or will it last?

About 1 inch went down the driverhead but after that, there is a aluminium ridge that my shaft wouldnt go down into.. I sandpapered my shaft but still it wouldnt go down that extra inch.. Anyone done this before and it went okay?

Let's just say the driverhead is about 2 inch deep so I filled 1 inch.. On the driverhead I had before, it bottomed at 1 inch..


Best regards,


Are you sure it's not a 0.335T head?

 

0.020 inches is a lot, but that might account for it?

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
It's a Miura giken sit 460 head attach to a matrix HD 6.. What does .335t mean? =)
post #4 of 10
Tapered 0.335

The more standard size for drivers is 0.335.
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Never mind.. The head is made like that.. There is a aluminium Ridge that stops the shaft from going more than 35mm.. Maybe I should've out epoxy in the hole as well.. We will see if the head flies off the shaft =)
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedda View Post

Never mind.. The head is made like that.. There is a aluminium Ridge that stops the shaft from going more than 35mm.. Maybe I should've out epoxy in the hole as well.. We will see if the head flies off the shaft =)


Is it an insert?

post #7 of 10
1st the .335 is parallel not tapered. 2nd, it's there for a hosel weight to achieve a target swing weight.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBlack14 View Post

1st the .335 is parallel not tapered. 2nd, it's there for a hosel weight to achieve a target swing weight.


Then it's probably not aluminum, unless they want to go lighter???

 

EDIT: Strange that there would be anything down the hosel made of Aluminum.


Edited by Lihu - 6/26/14 at 5:40pm
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 

The guy I bought the head from told me it's an aluminium ridge down the hosel, so I just need to put it down 35 mm then it will work just great.. I haven't tried the club at the golfcourse yet.. 


I had a geek driver head before with the shaft, and that was 35 mm deep.. so it seems to be legit.. :) 

Thanks for all the input though!

post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 

It's working fine with the shaft just half into the driver hosel.. Hopefully it will not come loose anytime soon! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Shaft will only go half way down my hosel